IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2015
Not sure why IRCC are doing this to us... is that because our applications are paper based?
Aren't they all paper based still? Otherwise this would be a great point

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
they started a pilot program for online applications by invitation last year, and expanded it for all single applicants in august 2021 (basically, no family applications). Basically, the vast majority of applications being processed right now are paper-based.

it's kind of the same situation that happened with PR cards for newly landed immigrants. The backlog was huge (over 4 months to wait for your first PR card). They implemented a new system over the summer to deal with this with some people now getting their cards in just a week or two. However, instead of clearing the backlog of older applications first, they just kept processing cards for new applicants super fast, while older applications were left gathering more and more dust.

it is ridiculous

David2736

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
n/a
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2014
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2015
I wonder if it is possible for one of us to start an application online and see if we hear about it before the paper one!

I just submitted my SECOND complaint to CIC. The first one didn't get an answer, unsurprisingly.

Complaint 1, Sept 24, 2021:
Hello. I have sent my application for citizenship (grant) on Aug 27, 2019. CIC said it was received on oct 2, 2019. This means my application has been in progress for nearly 24 months. The last time my CIC tracker was updates is nearly 2 months ago on July 1st, 2021.

When I look at processing times they say '12 months'.

I am becoming very concerned that my application has fallen in a crack in to a void somewhere (maybe some kind of oversight?) because even considering a complex application, double the time feels excessive. I wouldn't even say my application was complex.

Since this time, my permanent resident proof (card) expired this year on Feb 5, 2021. I don't know if I should apply for one because soon it will be replaced by the passport but honestly I don't know which one will happen first!

I hope somebody can help me.
Complaint 2, October 6, 2021:
I am a member of one of the largest online communities for expats and applicants for various routes of immigration/work permit etc. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/

We take information voluntarily offered from the members and collate them in various massive spreadsheets. We are able to see roughly how long somebody applying to a specific office in a specific month should take. We have noticed some odd trends.

We are noticing that people applying completely online are getting processed MUCH faster than older, paper based applications.. For e.g., I have been waiting for 2 years and 4 days now. We have seen applicants applying online THIS SPRING get their citizenship.

The wait times are causing issues such as letting their PR cards expire, leaving them without proof of being able to re-enter Canada should anybody need to leave to tend to dying relatives or funerals due to the global pandemic.

We are becoming increasingly despondent. What's going on, please help us?!
We will see what, if anything, comes of this. This is nuts.

Last edited:

zainy89

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2017
I completed my virtual oath ceremony today, it went very smooth the entire session took about an hour.

I was asked to show 2 pieces of ID confirmed the name and address on file. And I was asked whether I would like to sign the oath form electronically or on the printed oath form. I replied electronically.

Then the actually oath part followed, judge read the oath word by word and we were ask to follow her.

After oath was done they showed us welcome home video about 2 mins long approx.

Judge then asked us to read national anthem and helped us with captions on a screen share.
While we were still in the session they sent us email with instructions to send the signed form and the picture of pr card cut into 2 pieces and that was it.

I was reading some posts where people shared their oath ceremony experience where they mentioned that they were asked to cut the PR card on camera but it wasn't the case with us we were just told to cut the PR card after the meeting is over and email the picture as a proof. Has anyone else experienced the same? Please share, thank you in advance and best of luck to everyone those who are waiting.

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
I completed my virtual oath ceremony today, it went very smooth the entire session took about an hour.

I was asked to show 2 pieces of ID confirmed the name and address on file. And I was asked whether I would like to sign the oath form electronically or on the printed oath form. I replied electronically.

Then the actually oath part followed, judge read the oath word by word and we were ask to follow her.

Judge then asked us to read national anthem and helped us with captions on a screen share.
While we were still in the session they sent us email with instructions to send the signed form and the picture of pr card cut into 2 pieces and that was it.

I was reading some posts where people shared their oath ceremony experience where they mentioned that they were asked to cut the PR card on camera but it wasn't the case with us we were just told to cut the PR card after the meeting is over and email the picture as a proof. Has anyone else experienced the same? Please share, thank you in advance and best of luck to everyone those who are waiting.
I have moved to a new place since I applied for my citizenship. Do I need to update my address? If so where can I do it?

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Congrats! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Tuskers

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Vancouver

Congratulations..
May I know how long does it take from the Citizenship test to Oath?
I am still waiting for my Oath and haven't heard back anything after my test done May 2021.

Reactions: ajtoronto

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Congratulations..
May I know how long does it take from the Citizenship test to Oath?
I am still waiting for my Oath and haven't heard back anything after my test done May 2021.
No one can tell. I’ve been waiting since my test in March and decision made in April.

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
It is frustrating for sure. It looks so RANDOM - who gets called in for the final step.
I am beyond frustration, I think. Don’t even know how to call it. I have a new MP now, so I shot her an email to see if she can do something. I don’t think so, but there nothing else left for me to do.

Reactions: Tina461 and wstrn24