n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2015
Mississauga office
I just realised, I don't know which office actually has my application. I always assumed it was the one nearest to me physically - Edmonton.

I am originally from the United Kingdom but have been living in Canada for the past 8 years. Where would mine be processed? I recall sending it to Mississauga originally but I thought that was where they all go to.

Anybody know this?

Last edited:

chapinx

Jun 10, 2021
Hello group....They asked color photos of my passport, can i use my phone or has to be a scanner? second and most important question.... i have travelled to some Latin American countries like Mexico, Cuba etc. those stamps are in spanish... Do i need a translation for those stamps? Thank you for answering my questions and share any i should know... Good day

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello group....They asked color photos of my passport, can i use my phone or has to be a scanner? second and most important question.... i have travelled to some Latin American countries like Mexico, Cuba etc. those stamps are in spanish... Do i need a translation for those stamps? Thank you for answering my questions and share any i should know... Good day
You can use your phone, especially if it has a scanner function.

Yes any stamps not in English or French has to be translated.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I just realised, I don't know which office actually has my application. I always assumed it was the one nearest to me physically - Edmonton.

I am originally from the United Kingdom but have been living in Canada for the past 8 years. Where would mine be processed? I recall sending it to Mississauga originally but I thought that was where they all go to.

Anybody know this?
They’re typically processed by the office closest to your location because they used to require in-person testing and interviews.

You sure you sent it to Mississauga? Because all citizenship applications are sent to Sydney, NS initially.

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
It is unfortunate, our situation. Mississauga office was always very slow even before the pandemic. I have my PR card expiring in April and at the rate at which this is going, I won't be surprised if I have renew it.
Apply for renewal now, it won't harm. It took me 5.5 months to get the renewed card now (received this week).

Reactions: ajtoronto

David2736

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
n/a
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2014
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2015
You sure you sent it to Mississauga? Because all citizenship applications are sent to Sydney, NS initially.
Ah yes, I rattled my brain and that is correct. So they would have then forwarded in on physically to my nearest office (West Canada) after it went to the Sydney NS (East Coast) like that? My application has seen more of my new home country than I have in 8 years.

Apply for renewal now, it won't harm. It took me 5.5 months to get the renewed card now (received this week).
This is tough to chew on. I sent my paper application 24 months ago, at a time when the predicted processing time was 10 months. It is currently 12 months. I am already over the expected time by DOUBLE the time, so I could hear any day now....any day now.....anyyyyy DAYYY NOWWWWW :mad:

Last edited:

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys,

I understand the frustration here as I too am stuck with the Mississauga office. Today marks 2 years since IRCC received my application.

Brief Timeline below

App Submitted: Oct 2019
Test: Mar 2021
Test Accepted: July 2021

Everything else still in process.
I just received the GCMS notes, but I have no clue what to make of it. It shows the updates made by the officer and nothing else.
Can someone advice here as to what I should be looking for here that is not already put up in the new application tracker.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hey Guys,

I understand the frustration here as I too am stuck with the Mississauga office. Today marks 2 years since IRCC received my application.

Brief Timeline below

I just received the GCMS notes, but I have no clue what to make of it. It shows the updates made by the officer and nothing else.
Can someone advice here as to what I should be looking for here that is not already put up in the new application tracker.
Your background is still in progress, too?

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys,

Brief Timeline below

Very surprising because Mississauga is usually considered better than SCR in processing. A colleague of mine who applied in 2021 already got the Oath invite. Looks like your application might be stuck in the back burner for some reason.

Have you tried contacting your MP’s office for a follow up?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Very surprising because Mississauga is usually considered better than SCR in processing. A colleague of mine who applied in 2021 already got the Oath invite. Looks like your application might be stuck in the back burner for some reason.

Have you tried contacting your MP’s office for a follow up?
Did your friend apply online or paper? Still a lot of MIS applicants from Oct 2019 who need an oath invite. I’m SCR, and a few members here who applied before me are still waiting.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did your friend apply online or paper? Still a lot of MIS applicants from Oct 2019 who need an oath invite. I’m SCR, and a few members here who applied before me are still waiting.
Paper even though he could apply online. March 2021 applicant.

pprj1234

Oct 23, 2012
Hello, Need some advice, I have applied for Citizenship on Oct 06, 2019. so its already more than 2 years like others. I am my wife written the test on May 1st, Test is cleared by both of us, Prohibitions, Physical Presence and Language Skills are completed on June 30, ECAS status is decision made since June 30.

Now that I am moving to Durham region in Nov end, shall I change the address from Peel to Durham ? Will that impact my processing time/Oath for longer?

btw I am keeping my house here, though I am moving to Durham. so is it wise to change the address? Please suggest.

tresachcomputer01

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO to WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Doc's Request.
SLU on 2-6-15
Nomination.....
28-02-2015 PER
AOR Received.
08-04-2015 Transfer to WVO
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
08-04-2015
Med's Request
02-06-15
Med's Done....
22-06-15
Interview........
TLU updated on 07-07-15
Passport Req..
14-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Very soon
LANDED..........
by the end of Sep 2015
Oath invite received. The notice asks to keep both the PR card and COPR during the ceremony. I lost my COPR and only have my PR card and other required IDs. Please advise if I still need COPR for the oath, thanks.

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Hello, Need some advice, I have applied for Citizenship on Oct 06, 2019. so its already more than 2 years like others. I am my wife written the test on May 1st, Test is cleared by both of us, Prohibitions, Physical Presence and Language Skills are completed on June 30, ECAS status is decision made since June 30.

Now that I am moving to Durham region in Nov end, shall I change the address from Peel to Durham ? Will that impact my processing time/Oath for longer?

btw I am keeping my house here, though I am moving to Durham. so is it wise to change the address? Please suggest.
Hi there
You have to change your address. It’s on IRCC website. They need to have your current address, always.