+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

shomed

Star Member
Jun 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a rant! Gave my test in March'21 and had interview in May'21. Almost 2 years since we applied. Is there any progress in Mississauga office at all? Don't see that many movements. My PR card might need to be renewed now :mad:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: harirajmohan

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Just a rant! Gave my test in March'21 and had interview in May'21. Almost 2 years since we applied. Is there any progress in Mississauga office at all? Don't see that many movements. My PR card might need to be renewed now :mad:
They simply don’t care. 2020 and 2021 application are in priority now to keep up with good statistics. 2019 and earlier are archived and worked on when officers have a minute or two. Stay positive and move on with your life…

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I would go ahead and renew my PR card if I were you. Don't leave yourself with no way to leave Canada. I fell into this trap and thought IRCC woke up and I would get my passport before my renewed PR. I was wrong. Don't get your hope up with IRCC, but I would send them a webform to give them a nudge if they are sensitive at all

Reactions: shomed

Ashik14

Aug 26, 2014
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
Med's Done....
28-03-2014
Passport Req..
05-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
That's good news! I'm also from Vancouver and waiting for the Oath. Crossing my fingers that I will get an update soon.
I am also from Vancouver. Waiting for Oath. Last update Aug 24

HVA

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Hey guys, I just received an email from IRCC to send 'scanned copies or photos of all passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held during your eligibility period'.
I had also applied for a new passport last year in October 2020.

Do I need to send copies of the new passport as well? I applied for the new passport a year after sending my file.

kubino

May 27, 2014
I had my interview on 25th. Halifax office and still waiting as well.

February2016

Star Member
Jan 24, 2016
I need to travel abroad in December and my PR cars is expiring and my citizenship application is in process.

I submitted renewal but I am afraid I will not get the card in time.

Can I apply for PRTD from Canada?

Last edited:

HVA

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
I need to travel abroad in December and my PR is expiring and my citizenship application is in process.

I submitted renewal but I am afraid I will not get the card in time.

I called CBSA to ask coming back to Canada on the valid tourist visa that I have in old passport. She told me to bring old passport with visa in and new passport and that I will be able to board the flight and enter into Canada.

Did anyone have done something similar?
I applied for my PR card last October and got in a month.
I believe you can also carry your COPR along with your passport.