Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Dear friends,

I was hoping you can assist with my application as it has so long and I dont know what to do. My citizenship application was received on Oct 28, 2019 and I was asked to write the citizenship test on March 19, 2020 which was later cancelled due to the pandemic. I sent a web enquiry to CIC asking why my application has not been processed since it has been over a year since I heard anything. Below is the response I got which seems to be a copy/paste answer and does not really address why my application has not moved. I know of people that have applied after me and got their citizenship. My PR card also expired in Feb 2021 and I had to apply for it to be renewed which is also pending.

Is this just a waiting game or can I do anything? I applied from Toronto btw. Any input would be appreciated
Ya they just send similar reply to most of us. Here is mine last month. They have a great excuse during pandemic hence the waiting time is unpredictable. Its just purely with the officer if he/she is working or on leave.
I am not sure if they will have pandemic excuse if someone opts for mandamus after 3 years.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linkedto an online account):
  • Submitted online orsubmitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

parrys198

Aug 24, 2014
Woodstock, ON
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER 15-12-2014
AOR Received.
Processing started on 05-03-2015
Med's Request
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-03-2015
Interview........
Third Line 08-04-2015
Passport Req..
26-05-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Hello All,

I got my decision made feb 14th, It is almost going to be two months now. Still i did not get my OATH invite. It is really pathetic, I called IRCC but did not get any great response. It all depend on case officer. I dont have any option other than waiting .., It is hard but no other go ..
According to CIC website-https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=363&top=5 , it says oath will be scheduled within 3 months after passing test.

How long will I wait between my citizenship test and the ceremony?

Due to COVID-19, we

In most cases, the ceremony takes place within three months after you pass the test. We'll give you the results of your test right after you take it.
If your application is non-routine, we may ask you to go to a hearing with a citizenship officer or judge, even after you pass the test. We'll send you a letter after the hearing to let you know:
  • what the officer or judge decided
  • the date of your ceremony (if your application was approved)

npcanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2015
AOR Received.
01-12-2015
File Transfer...
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-Dec-2016
Hi Guys,

I received my oath ceremony email on Mar 31st and the virtual ceremony date is April 13th.

Please let me know if I have to prepare anything for this ceremony.

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Hi Guys,

I received my oath ceremony email on Mar 31st and the virtual ceremony date is April 13th.

Doesn’t the oath invite explain what you need to bring to the ceremony? I still didn’t get mine, can’t help much.

Tirani

Mar 23, 2021
Hi Guys,

Hi,

1. You need to have your PR card and a pair of scissors.
2. Two pieces of government issued ID
3. The form thats been attached to the oath invitation email. If you wish to sign it manually. Or if you want to sign it electronically just follow the steps mentioned in the instructions again at the end of the email. DON’T SIGN IT BEFORE THE CEREMONY.

I guess thats pretty much it.

victor58

Apr 5, 2021
Ya they just send similar reply to most of us. Here is mine last month. They have a great excuse during pandemic hence the waiting time is unpredictable. Its just purely with the officer if he/she is working or on leave.
I am not sure if they will have pandemic excuse if someone opts for mandamus after 3 years.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linkedto an online account):
  • Submitted online orsubmitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
did you do anything after getting the generic response?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
did you do anything after getting the generic response?
No. Not sure if we can try anything else other than calling them but still call center guys would tell the same to wait.

David2736

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
n/a
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2014
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2015
Yes. Because you need to cut it in front of the official.
What if it expired Feb 2021 and it would probably take longer to get a replacement over the citizenship?

Can I bring an expired card? Am I in need of applying for a new PR card as fast as humanly possible or to just relax until my test date email comes in?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
What if it expired Feb 2021 and it would probably take longer to get a replacement over the citizenship?

Can I bring an expired card? Am I in need of applying for a new PR card as fast as humanly possible or to just relax until my test date email comes in?
Did you already apply for a new one? If not - unless you need to travel in the foreseeable future, no need to apply for one. Your PR status does not expire, it is only the card. You can use expired card for test/interview/oath.

superstar1987

Apr 6, 2021
Just got a call from immigration officer scheduling an interview on April 7th. One more step, getting closer to the finish line.
Congratulations !!!!!

I got a call today (Apr.06) from a 416 number and the lady over the phone told me about the interview but didn't give any date . She said she would send me an email requesting scanned copy of my passport and a consent form but the funny thing is she asked me for my email. Shouldn't they have it already as it is there on the application file.
I searched for the phone number on Google and could not get any information.

Did you get the call from the 1800 number or a regular landline / Cell ?

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Hi Guys,

Congratulations! A week more to go! :)

Reactions: Storonto

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Congratulations !!!!!

I got a call today (Apr.06) from a 416 number and the lady over the phone told me about the interview but didn't give any date . She said she would send me an email requesting scanned copy of my passport and a consent form but the funny thing is she asked me for my email. Shouldn't they have it already as it is there on the application file.

This is weird. The officer called me from a 905 number, but she had all my information (email, address,...). I think she only double checked. You won’t send the copy of your passports until you receive the email from her anyway. Check the sender and other info like your case number just in case. And, if you have anything in your passport that’s is not in English or French, even if only a stamp, you will a certified translation.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Congratulations !!!!!

Congratulations!

I got a call from an unknown number on 17 Feb (I am so bad at picking calls and it was a lucky moment that I had phone infront of my eyes).

Re your comment about email address, they just wanted to confirm if the email address is correct.

Keep us posted and good luck.

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Congratulations!

I got a call from an unknown number on 17 Feb (I am so bad at picking calls and it was a lucky moment that I had phone infront of my eyes).

Re your comment about email address, they just wanted to confirm if the email address is correct.

Keep us posted and good luck.
Same for me! I almost didn’t pick up. LOL. And I agree. She was probably just double checking.