+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

ssingh5

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hello,

I have applied citizenship on Oct 2019, received AOR - Feb 26 2020 from Sydney NS.
And then receive Fingerprints request from Vancouver office in March 2020.

Since then , I have no update on my file except saying your fingerprints received in April 2020.

I would like to know I am a resident in Toronto Ontario, why they send me finger print request from Vancouver ?
Though the customer care guy saying my file is in Mississauga but i dint receive any email from Mississauga office yet for anything on my file.

Also are there people with same timeline who havent receive online test request or move their files forward ?

@rajkamalmohanram @JuCW @Citizenship_2020

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Hello,

I have applied citizenship on Oct 2019, received AOR - Feb 26 2020 from Sydney NS.

Since then , I have no update on my file except saying your fingerprints received in April 2020.

I would like to know I am a resident in Toronto Ontario, why they send me finger print request from Vancouver ?
Though the customer care guy saying my file is in Mississauga but i dint receive any email from Mississauga office yet for anything on my file.

Also are there people with same timeline who havent receive online test request or move their files forward ?

I am in a very similar timeline (maybe a couple of weeks ahead of you) and same offices. Why was the FP request from Vancouver? No idea, maybe workload? And no test invite so far.

callixtus

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Dear admin please update the spreadsheet.

I have received invitation to complete citizenship test today early morning.
I have to complete the test between 2021-01-22 and 2021-02-11

Request has come from Hamilton office.

Thanks
Updated.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello,

Hmmm that is definitely weird. Usually, the LVO sends out FP requests and if you are a resident of Toronto, it is either Mississauga / Scarborough office AFAIK. Not sure why the Vancouver office sent you this.

Get the FP done but at the same time, raise a webform to check why Vancouver office is processing your application.

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
Hello,

All finger prints go to Vancouver regardless of where your case is processed.

RifHero

Mar 28, 2019
Any family application with one adult invited to write the online test and not the other ? Did they move along with the one adult who took the test, meaning status changed from in process to decision made ?

parrys198

Aug 24, 2014
Woodstock, ON
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER 15-12-2014
AOR Received.
Processing started on 05-03-2015
Med's Request
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-03-2015
Interview........
Third Line 08-04-2015
Passport Req..
26-05-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Hello,

This is interesting. Do they add a new line after requested documents(like FPs) are received? I got a FP request on Feb 3 and I got those done on Feb 11 but my eCAS says "We sent you correspondence on February 3, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."
Is it possible that they didn't receive my FP or they put it in back burner?

Death-CrosS

Mar 3, 2020
Winnipeg
Any family application with one adult invited to write the online test and not the other ? Did they move along with the one adult who took the test, meaning status changed from in process to decision made ?
my wife received and done her test already and me nothing yet, we sent as a family as well, her status is still in process been almost 15 days since she passed her test, Winnipeg applicants here

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Hmmm that is definitely weird. Usually, the LVO sends out FP requests and if you are a resident of Toronto, it is either Mississauga / Scarborough office AFAIK. Not sure why the Vancouver office sent you this.

Get the FP done but at the same time, raise a webform to check why Vancouver office is processing your application.
Hi! I live in Ontario and the FP request came from Vancouver too. And my office is Mississauga. Nothing to worry about that.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
This is interesting. Do they add a new line after requested documents(like FPs) are received? I got a FP request on Feb 3 and I got those done on Feb 11 but my eCAS says "We sent you correspondence on February 3, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."
Is it possible that they didn't receive my FP or they put it in back burner?
My application is in the same status as yours. I called IRCC (twice) a month after my FP were taken and they said they have them. Status never changed, but I’m not worried. I’d call them just for peace of mind.

Reactions: parrys198