+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

akaribrahmama

Feb 21, 2020
Dear members, hope you all are doing well. I have a situation concerning my Canadian citizenship application and your inputs will be highly appreciated and will help me clarifying things. I have my Canadian citizenship application which is still under process like many of us. And in the process of this my passport from home country has expired and I had to apply for the renewal and now that I have my passport renewed do I have to update my new passport information to CIC? If the answer is yes, how would I do that? I thank you all in advance for your reply.
Strongly believe passport renewal needs to be updated, best thing is to send copies of biographical pages of new passport with a cover letter & it will be updated in your file

dadalance_123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Strongly believe passport renewal needs to be updated, best thing is to send copies of biographical pages of new passport with a cover letter & it will be updated in your file
I renewed my passport while my citizenship application is on process. but I did not submit a copy of my new passport because it is not covered my 5yrs eligibility. But of course I will bring it on my test/interview together with my old passport for identity verification purposes.

Reactions: JuCW

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Has any October'2019 applicant received an invite for the test yet?

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys looking for some insight.

those who have received AOR or have had their Application returned, could you please confirm if your application was accepted or returned due to the following;

Q8
“Are you paying someone to help you fill out this form”was left blank.

However the question: “Is someone helping you fill out this form?“ was checked No.

SA86

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Missassauga received file Nov 15th
AOR Received.
30/12/2013
Med's Done....
23/9/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18/2/2014
VISA ISSUED...
21/2/2014
LANDED..........
Landing in Vancouver October 2nd

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
What is the process around finger prints? When are we asked for it? And where do we get it done?
Not everyone has to do it. I got my requisition a couple of weeks after the status changed to “in process”. To find a location I just googled something like “fingerprints accredited agency”.