+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

vladalviv

Aug 10, 2014
Dear admins, please update our timeline. It turns out our status was changed to In Process back on January 15. I was expecting an email for some reason instead of checking ecas. Thank you!

Reactions: callixtus

coolsurdian1

Sep 19, 2013
I just got the invitation for my test scheduled on March 19 but i am overseas at the moment, i did inform cic before i left still they sent a invitation for a test. Have emailed cic back to reschedule the date.

hiheha

Apr 19, 2016
Congratulations on your citizenship!
Quick question. Did you ask your officer for expedited processing? Either during the application or the interview?
No.. I didn't ask for anything. actually the officer in the interview asked me if I would like to have my oath ceremony on the next day. It seems that Scarborough processing Centre are processing the applications so fast nowadays. I know a friend of mine who got his notification for citizenship test date just after the ecas by 10 days. And also, there were many people in my oath ceremony who did their oath on the next day after their interview.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
No.. I didn't ask for anything. actually the officer in the interview asked me if I would like to have my oath ceremony on the next day. It seems that Scarborough processing Centre are processing the applications so fast nowadays. I know a friend of mine who got his notification for citizenship test date just after the ecas by 10 days. And also, there were many people in my oath ceremony who did their oath on the next day after their interview.
Congrats for your citizenship.

I would say all those who got the oath done the day after passing their test are really lucky.

A Sept'19 application here waiting for the oath invite. There are quite a few who have a different experience at Scarborough https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2019-citizenship-applicants.651624/page-64

Anyway, all good with me as I am still within the stipulated SLA of IRCC for processing a citizenship application :)

hotdog12323

Mar 10, 2020
Guys, I've been a long time lurker on these forums. I was wondering what I should do if Canada Post might have potentially lost my fingerprint request. I've scanned all the documents before I sent it as my fingerprints from RCMP got sent to my local police station since I had it taken there, so I had to send it myself using Xpresspost and with signature required.

Please advise.

I'll post my stats sometime later!

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Guys, I've been a long time lurker on these forums. I was wondering what I should do if Canada Post might have potentially lost my fingerprint request. I've scanned all the documents before I sent it as my fingerprints from RCMP got sent to my local police station since I had it taken there, so I had to send it myself using Xpresspost and with signature required.

Please advise.

I’d do everything again and notify IRCC in writing, with a copy of that report you got when you had your FP taken.

Wafa2020

Feb 3, 2020

Please advise.

We are actually in same boat. Yesterday when i called ircc agent told me that if they didnt received our fp results they would have sent us another request letter for finger prints. And if they havent as its been a month we have sent the results to ircc. It is adviced by him to wait for the test invite letter.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16

Please advise.

Check with IRCC if they have received the fingerprints. Consider below in calculating estimated time of receipt of mail by IRCC:

1- RCMP mails out FP results within 3 working days (RCMP officer told me over phone that Canada Post has a collection center in Montreal, which ultimately dishes out the mails to respective IRCC offices)
2- Canada Post delivers national mails within 4 working days and provincial mail within 3 working days. Add 4 working days.

In total, it takes about 7 working days minimum to reach the IRCC office. Add 1 or 2 more working days for IRCC to update results. You can follow up with IRCC in 10 working days.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
We are actually in same boat. Yesterday when i called ircc agent told me that if they didnt received our fp results they would have sent us another request letter for finger prints. And if they havent as its been a month we have sent the results to ircc. It is adviced by him to wait for the test invite letter.
See my post on timelines re tracking fingerprints.

Can you elaborate further on 'wait for the test invite letter'. By the sound of it, looks like you will be dished out the test invite sooner.

Thanks

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
See my post on timelines re tracking fingerprints.

Can you elaborate further on 'wait for the test invite letter'. By the sound of it, looks like you will be dished out the test invite sooner.

Thanks
I was told to wait for the invite and it's been almost a month...