+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Halo2811

May 10, 2022
Be patient, keep the faith. After the long wait, the citizenship application will eventually be approved.

Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.

Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!

Within the next few weeks, you’ll receive documents and information for your next steps as a new citizen.

Find information and services for new Canadians, such as

• applying for a passport
  • voting in an election
  • 1 year of free admission to Canada’s natural parks and cultural centres

natashagils

Apr 4, 2022
Be patient, keep the faith. After the long wait, the citizenship application will eventually be approved.

Congratulations!

Within the next few weeks, you’ll receive documents and information for your next steps as a new citizen.

• voting in an election
Congratulations!!!

natashagils

Apr 4, 2022
Tbh, i cant wait any longer, 3 years of my life for ircc doing bs, imma get a lawyer then meh rather lost 1k something then let the pain torture me everyday, there arent no such thing as patience for this queue bs.
There's another thread here looking to start a Mandamus application. You could tie up with them. Will be cheaper for you if you go in as a group
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/applicants-waiting-for-more-than-2-years-interested-in-mandamus-with-a-firm-as-a-group-meet-here.743417/page-15#post-10104900

Reactions: Macarad

MIT19

Nov 30, 2019
Today recieved Citizenship Certificates for all family members.
Very thankfull to all of you for valueable guidence and response when ever it was requested. Always pray for others.
Oath ceremony date: 25th May 2022.
Certificates recieved: 02 June 2022

Reactions: Triet and Jakev

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Does anyone have any experience request urgent citizenship certificates after oath? Is it possible to pick them up in person?

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received decision made on June 9, Oath is scheduled for June 24.

Hopefully IRCC will wake up on all the applications.

Reactions: Macarad

Jas4rmny

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
2019 applicant here from Montreal office , who just got done with citizenship Test. Any idea for how long I have to get torture by tracker now . Been checking day, nights , weekends , shitting ,eating. Please help me to understand the timeline since everything shows in progress except background which is completed and of course oath ceremony not started.

Reactions: Dreamlad

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
2019 applicant here from Montreal office , who just got done with citizenship Test. Any idea for how long I have to get torture by tracker now . Been checking day, nights , weekends , shitting ,eating. Please help me to understand the timeline since everything shows in progress except background which is completed and of course oath ceremony not started.
Physical presence, prohibitions and language requirements are normally updated together at the same time. After the citizenship test, agents normally start looking at the physical presence. If they need more info (such as travel itineraries, passport copies, etc.), they will let you know. Unfortunately, there is no timeline for this. But I expect this step will take a couple of months. Once these components are complete, you get "Decision Made" (although the tracker will not explicitly say this). IRCC stated in january that their objective moving forward was to invite applicants for oath ceremonies within 4 months of DM.

Hope this helps!

Rebotman

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019

Congratulations!

• voting in an election
Congratulations! Was the above info sent by email or it is updated on portal?
How many days after the oath you got this update?

ptothej

Aug 3, 2018
To 2019 spreadsheet admin: Kindly add my dates to the October 2019 sheet.

ID: farmerofthedell
App. Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1096
App. Sent: Oct. 27, 2019
App. Delivered: Oct. 31, 2019
AOR: Jan. 20, 2020
In Process eCAS: Feb. 5, 2020
Test Invite date: Oct. 19, 2021 (resked as I was out of CA on initial invite date of May 19, 2021)
Test Interview date: Oct. 28, 2021 (date I took the online test)
DM date: Feb. 1, 2022
Oath letter date: Feb. 21, 2022 (according to status tracker; haven't received email as of today)
Oath ceremony: Mar. 10, 2022 (scheduled in status tracker)
Hey farmerofthedell, I wanted to reach out to you regarding a post you had put up. I am a vancouver citizenship applicant from May 2022 and my decision made and statuses were completed on Dec 1 2022. However, I am just not receiving an oath email and there is radio silence from IRCC, My processing office is surrey and you had mentioned you moved your file from surrey to vancouver by calling a 1-800- number? which 1-800-number was that? can you also te me what the process is to move files?

farmerofthedell

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2014-09-12
AOR Received.
2014-12-30
File Transfer...
2015-01-08
Med's Request
2015-07-02
Med's Done....
2015-07-07
Passport Req..
2015-08-04
VISA ISSUED...
2015-08-21
LANDED..........
2016-03-18
Hey farmerofthedell, I wanted to reach out to you regarding a post you had put up. I am a vancouver citizenship applicant from May 2022 and my decision made and statuses were completed on Dec 1 2022. However, I am just not receiving an oath email and there is radio silence from IRCC, My processing office is surrey and you had mentioned you moved your file from surrey to vancouver by calling a 1-800- number? which 1-800-number was that? can you also te me what the process is to move files?
Sorry, I just realized I posted that comment in the wrong thread. I have requested for its removal so as not to cause confusion (old posts don't have the edit option). But according to a friend whose app was severely delayed (applied a few months ahead of me, but completed a few months later), there is really nothing to do but to wait because she couldn't get a straight answer on the phone.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2023
Hey guys - I was informed that my application is approved but my oath is blocked as it is a family application and that both the applications (i.e. my spouse) should be approved in order to move ahead for next steps. Irony is that my wife didn't receive citizenship test request yet (Yes we both applied together in 2019 :() - her security check is in-progress now (becoz' the previous one is expired). Thinking of requesting a split in the application - has anyone in this group requested to split their applications - any experiences will be highly appreciated....
Hey Dec2014NY - saw your post from a thread search, my wife and I applied as a family/group Dec 2022 and she has just been invited for her Oath ceremony in person later this month, while my tracker remains In progress on everything except background check (despite having completed my test successfully last month, confirmed with IRCC on phone today as complete & passed). So it seems they have split our application without any explanation or even simply informing us - wonder what happened in your situation in the end?