+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

chapinx

Jun 10, 2021
Hello my people.. here i am posting again; i am October 2019 applicant, i just got everything completed.....LANGUAGE, PRESENCE, TEST ,BG, PROHIBITIONS....only ceremony says...NOT STARTED. Any previous experience from anyone? Am i closer to oath....and how long? believe me its been a long waiting, desperation and everything. Share something that may cheer me up....thank you, thank you. :);)

Triet

Mar 14, 2022
Hello my people.. here i am posting again; i am October 2019 applicant, i just got everything completed.....LANGUAGE, PRESENCE, TEST ,BG, PROHIBITIONS....only ceremony says...NOT STARTED. Any previous experience from anyone? Am i closer to oath....and how long? believe me its been a long waiting, desperation and everything. Share something that may cheer me up....thank you, thank you. :);)
9 months after DM still got nothing

• Sad
Reactions: Macarad

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017

oh, boy... something to cheer people up?? Hmmm,
Summer is coming?:)
(can't really think of many good news these days...)

According to IRCC data there were over 40,000 new citizens in March 2022, which is an all time record. They are finally picking up the pace. Going forward, their "objective" is to invite people within 4 moths of DM (although we know that is not always the case). I think trends are very different from one office to another =/

While I can definitely understand the frustration of waiting (and the whole unfairness of what IRCC calls a "queue"), for me it was definitely a relief to get DM, you can now know for certain that everything was approved and it's just a matter of time.

Congrats!

Reactions: natashagils

Rebotman

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Folks,
I did my 2nd fingerprints. Called RCMP they confirmed completion and its dispatched.

Now I need some advise. My PR is expiring on 3rd week of August and I have travel plan too. Now Im thinking to renew my PR, any idea nowadays PR renewal is online or it is paper application?

What all are required for PR renewal, do I need to add covering letter and indicate about my citizenship application which is in process.

Your guidance and advice are appreciated.

Rebotman

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hey bro, im October 2019 applicant too, everything were completed and last week they put back my BG in process and requested 2nd fingerprints. Things are moving but not in order very random. All the best and wish to see an end to this.....

Reactions: chapinx

iceman55

May 1, 2022

Some people are seeing success writing to the email box of the local ircc office. clearly explaining the length of the wait. You could try that if you haven't already.

Reactions: chapinx and Macarad

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Some people are seeing success writing to the email box of the local ircc office. clearly explaining the length of the wait. You could try that if you haven't already.
Yes,

Though, ultimately it depends on the agent reading the email and whether they care or not =/
Unfortunately, the emails are not public, so you need to dig through the forums to find the correct one for each office (test, ceremonies, general inquiries, etc.)

Reactions: chapinx

chapinx

Jun 10, 2021
Folks,
I did my 2nd fingerprints. Called RCMP they confirmed completion and its dispatched.

Now I need some advise. My PR is expiring on 3rd week of August and I have travel plan too. Now Im thinking to renew my PR, any idea nowadays PR renewal is online or it is paper application?

What all are required for PR renewal, do I need to add covering letter and indicate about my citizenship application which is in process.

Your guidance and advice are appreciated.
Ok... If you have travel plans... go ahead and get your PR card replaced, i did it myself, even though i am on DM already... everything is unpredictable with this citizenship games, you will easily finish 2022 and no DM or oath, dont gamble.... replacing your PR card will take 60 to 70 days, once processing starts. Just do a simple application no need to talk about citizenship....pay $50 and its done... just wait

Reactions: natashagils

Rebotman

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Ok... If you have travel plans... go ahead and get your PR card replaced, i did it myself, even though i am on DM already... everything is unpredictable with this citizenship games, you will easily finish 2022 and no DM or oath, dont gamble.... replacing your PR card will take 60 to 70 days, once processing starts. Just do a simple application no need to talk about citizenship....pay $50 and its done... just wait
Thanks for the advice. Is PR renewal application online or paper application?

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Thanks for the advice. Is PR renewal application online or paper application?
They said that they wanted to start doing it online, but for the moment it is still a paper application. And, yep, 80% of applications are processed within 60 days (according to the most recent data).

You need to declare your absences (again) over the past five years to demonstrate that you have not lost the right to be a PR.

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
When I applied for PR renewal back in 2020 I was told by an agent on phone to write "URGENT" on top of the envelope on bold while sending the PR renewal application, also attached a letter explaining why it was urgent, mostly I gave the COVID uncertainty as the reason with my family in different country I didn't wanted to be bound by a restriction. My PR card was renewed in 9 working days. Worth a shot especially with citizenship in limbo. Good luck!!

waelghanem

May 25, 2022
Yup, this is the interview.

Generally, they ask you to show all the pages of your passport but it is prudent to have the originals of all the documents that you submitted with your citizenship application handy, just in case.
I have received the same but I'm wondering what is the case
Hello...i just received this email, this is just the top of it, it goes on asking for my consent to agree and send it back signed and dated before July 20th, 2021.
Question. Is this for the famous INTERVIEW? Lets say, i repply and agree....whats next? Also, Its not telling me what documents to have handy. PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS....

CONSENT FOR USE OF MICROSOFT TEAMS TO ASSESS A CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION
Name: _MY NAME_______________________ Case number: ____MY CASE #______________
 Please read this form carefully as it contains important information for you to consent to having your virtual citizenship event on Microsoft Teams.
 If you receive this invitation on behalf of a citizenship applicant and/or their family, you must forward the message to the email of the applicant.
We are pleased to inform you that you have reached the next stage of your application for Canadian citizenship. If you provide your consent to use Microsoft Teams, this enables Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to continue the process of your application through videoconference before in-person services resume.
Yup, this is the interview.

Generally, they ask you to show all the pages of your passport but it is prudent to have the originals of all the documents that you submitted with your citizenship application handy, just in case.

I have received the same letter but I'm wondering what is the case number?

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017

chandran.m

Apr 21, 2013
For me, the citizenship ceremony got updated within a month other items completed in the list. I would say you may get your invite for July 1st oath or even before that. Hope for the best, All the best.