+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Ulamishki

Jul 3, 2021
do you know if anything else has been completed on your tracker?
Hi! I am from Montreal, we submitted our application October 2019. My wife had her retest in August 2021, and we received Decision Maid in September. Since then we are waiting.

One friend of mine, from Montreal, who submitted application in 2020, has received certificate two days ago. He passed his tests in October 2021.

Johnny_0507

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto
Thanks everyone for your wishes and support over last two years.

Today our family finally received the Citizenship Certificate.

Oath -
Online update >>> Feb 8th, 2022 (Tuesday)
Email received >>> Feb 11th, 2022 (Friday)
Oath >>> Feb 18th, 2022 (Friday)

Citizenship Certificate -
Dispatched by IRCC Mississauga >>> Mar, 3rd 2022 (Thursday)
Received in Mail Box >>>> Mar, 8th 2022 (Tuesday)

shiraq

Mar 12, 2013
Mississauga
Hello, I live in Montreal, and I submitted my Citizenship application on October 2019, and finaly passed my tes citizenship test on June 29 2021, since then I haven't heard back! How much time will it take to take my oath? any experience when I might finaly have it? Thanks
I have also submitted application on Oct 2019, passed test May 2021 and Dec 2021 everything completed except oath ceremony. So far no update. One of my friend did application in Jan2020 and got certificate last month.

Reactions: Ulamishki

pprj1234

Oct 23, 2012
Oath scheduled on Feb 15th, But deferred it for 6 months as I have an immediate travel.
Admin: Please update the timeline
Oath Letter: Feb 08
Oath Date: Feb 15

Last edited:

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
I talked to a lawyer today about my options moving forward (nearly 8 months after test, and 5 months since sending the supplementary evidence requested)....

They do believe my application has fallen into a weird black hole and that it might require more than just webforms to get action on it (maybe they are just trying to sell their services???). They suggested producing an affidavit with detailed proof that i've been in Canada sufficiently long (beyond just flight itineraries), since the onus is on the applicant, and requesting that IRCC respond within 60 days, before taking it to higher ups, ultimately leading to a Writ of Mandamus

Has anyone had any experience with these first steps before taking a more serious legal action?

thanks in advance!

Reactions: natashagils

ARZ009

Dec 6, 2017
Hello again... let me give you an inside of my case and thank you for interacting. Few pages back i complained that i passed the test on April 30th and no official test validation, i also mentioned that my cam was not working properly, so i disconnected and when back on, finished the test...got 18 out of 20...blah, blah, blah. SO YESTERDAY June 30th...got an email with 2 different attachments....i was excited i only saw one... for sure it was the interview, so i posted what you all see here on top. HOWEVER right after....i opened the second attachment. BIG SURPRISE...more like a disappointment....HERE IS PART OF THE SECOND ATTACHMENT....

Date: June 30th, 2021
UCI:XXXXXX
Application No.: XXXXXXX
MS TEAMS INVITATION TO RETAKE THE CITIZENSHIP KNOWLEDGE TEST
DearXXXXXXX
Event time and date: July 23rd, 2021, 10:45 am
Online Testing Location: C000949 Knowledge Test- Link

You are receiving this notice because we were unable to accept your test results for the
online citizenship test completed on2021-04-30 due to technical issues.
If we haven’t
contacted you already to describe the issues, we will explain the situation during our
meeting at the time and place stated above. This invitation requests you to retake the
citizenship knowledge test via videoconference. The test will be administered to you orally
(with the questions presented to you in writing) via Microsoft Teams at the date and time
stipulated above.
 Before agreeing to retake the citizenship test, you are required to read and sign
the consent form on the use of Microsoft Teams to assess a citizenship application
by videoconference. Please refer to the consent form sent with this invitation and
send your answer as indicated on the form.

For the purposes of this test, 2 (two) IRCC representatives, including the citizenship officer
or agent, will be present. :confused: ((((interesting)))):oops:

SO, FRIENDS....
i am on a special situation, and again i have questions and you can also question me on any issue. On this date, July 23rd will be test AND interview???? Will they consider that by July 23rd, almost 3 months went by and may accept my result from April 30th??? Is there a possibility that they can bypass me on the test and just interview me??? Has anyone of you, has experienced anything similar??? Is there anything i should prepare for??? Open up yourselves!!! Give me your opinions, Please!

For the record:

Application sent: October 2nd, 2019. Received the 7th
AOR: December 30th 2019
FP: September 2020...done and sent the same month
Test Invite: Last week of April 2021(window from April 30th to May 20)
Test "passed" on April 30th...
The rest.....is where i am.

Hey, did you have to take a test again during the interview?

Thanks,

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I talked to a lawyer today about my options moving forward (nearly 8 months after test, and 5 months since sending the supplementary evidence requested)....

They do believe my application has fallen into a weird black hole and that it might require more than just webforms to get action on it (maybe they are just trying to sell their services???). They suggested producing an affidavit with detailed proof that i've been in Canada sufficiently long (beyond just flight itineraries), since the onus is on the applicant, and requesting that IRCC respond within 60 days, before taking it to higher ups, ultimately leading to a Writ of Mandamus

Has anyone had any experience with these first steps before taking a more serious legal action?

thanks in advance!
I remember an August 2018 applicant sent an official letter to IRCC by a lawyer to respond within a specific time or they would file legal action, and within 2 months a decision was made on their file and they received their oath invitation. I forgot where in the forums. Why do you want to proof you have been long enough in Canada. As I remember, this is not the main issue in your application, is it?

Reactions: Macarad

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
I remember an August 2018 applicant sent an official letter to IRCC by a lawyer to respond within a specific time or they would file legal action, and within 2 months a decision was made on their file and they received their oath invitation. I forgot where in the forums. Why do you want to proof you have been long enough in Canada. As I remember, this is not the main issue in your application, is it?
My file was stuck in the physical presence verification since some of my trips were not properly logged with CBSA. The lawyer said that moving forward, we would need to prepare a solid file to prove I was here for the minimum 1095 days. This would have been beyond simple flight itineraries, and could include things such as bank statements, payslips, etc (since CBSA records are not reliable and not sufficient to mount a case), in order to show that I was actively living in Canada. Indeed, the process that you are describing (letter asking to respond within a specific time and getting a response in around 2 months..) is very similar to what this lawyer described. However, I hesitated because it was extremely expensive to proceed with that. I spent a very uncomfortable evening last night just weighing my options and getting anxious about it.

Fortunately, I no longer have to consider it since i got DM this morning.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
My file was stuck in the physical presence verification since some of my trips were not properly logged with CBSA. The lawyer said that moving forward, we would need to prepare a solid file to prove I was here for the minimum 1095 days. This would have been beyond simple flight itineraries, and could include things such as bank statements, payslips, etc (since CBSA records are not reliable and not sufficient to mount a case), in order to show that I was actively living in Canada. Indeed, the process that you are describing (letter asking to respond within a specific time and getting a response in around 2 months..) is very similar to what this lawyer described. However, I hesitated because it was extremely expensive to proceed with that. I spent a very uncomfortable evening last night just weighing my options and getting anxious about it.

Congratulations. Happy for you after this anguish. Hopefully the oath is soon for you as well.

Reactions: Macarad

Sheno1986

Feb 15, 2022

Could you please advise how much was the quote? also what Immigration office was your file in? Congratulation on the DM i hope you will get your oath soon not like everyone here