+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi there,

Today I received an email asking for photocopies of passports within the 5 years.

Do I need to scan and email or send the copies by post?
Can you also share your experience how long it will take for next step after receipt of the passport copies.

Thank you!
It depends on the office. Read the instructions in the email / attachment because some offices ask the PP copies to be emailed and some like Scarborough want them in the mail.

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
The letter reads as follows:
Please send the required documents by mail or courier to the address below within 30 days from the date of this notice along with a copy of this letter to:
Check if you need to get a certified translation for stamps that are not in English nor French, too.

February2016

Star Member
Jan 24, 2016
Hey guys, I passed my citizenship test on August 1st Now I am waiting for rest.

My PR card is expiring in November. I plan to travel over holidays in December, and I need PR or Citizenship to come back to Canada.

I don't know how long it will take for them to process my application.

I want to apply for a new PR card ( lead time 119 days)

What is happening if I apply for a new card, then get called for citizenship before I receive a new card. I know you are supposed to destroy old card. So I apply now, they call me next month for oath, I get citizenship and in two months I get new a PR card in mail?

I can't relay on them to get a oath call within 3 month from citizenship test, I saw many people waiting for a long time.

Thanks.

MariaCoco13

Jun 15, 2016
Office: Vancouver
Application: Oct 2019
Tracker last updated: Aug 25, 2021
Language skills: July 20, 2021
Physical Presence: July 20, 2021
Citizenship Test: Scheduled May 14 and Updated May 26, 2021
Background Verification: (2nd Fingerprint request- July 20, sent July 24, Results received: Aug 16, status updated Aug 17, 2019)
Prohibitions: August 24, 2021
Citizenship ceremony: Not Started
Anyone from Vancouver could tell me what is the upcoming ceremony scheduled here? Maybe I will get an invitation for that day!
Also, I feel that Vancouver office is working at a good pace
Hi! Im from Vancouver too. The last update i got was August 17th when my Prohibitions changed to Completed. I'm waiting for the Oath ceremony as well. Any info is welcome. Thank you!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

My PR card is expiring in November. I plan to travel over holidays in December, and I need PR or Citizenship to come back to Canada.

What is happening if I apply for a new card, then get called for citizenship before I receive a new card. I know you are supposed to destroy old card. So I apply now, they call me next month for oath, I get citizenship and in two months I get new a PR card in mail?

I can't relay on them to get a oath call within 3 month from citizenship test, I saw many people waiting for a long time.

Thanks.
If you are invited for oath and before you receive your renewed card, let the clerk know at the ceremony. They might be able to internally send a request to cancel the processing of your PR card renewal application.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Thanks.
Go ahead and renew your card. It will take more than 119 days. If you got it before December you would be lucky. Some people wait 5-6 months to receive their renewed PR card. The oath will most likely take more than 3 months. Some people wait 8 months after DM for the oath. Passport alone can take up to 8 weeks after you get your citizenship certificate. It's a long waiting game. Don't assume the best with IRCC.

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
I did my fingerprints as the status also changed that they sent me letter. They didnn’t send me a new letter i just used my old one. Any idea what next n how long? I am getting married next year and have my pr expiring in march