+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

mitiriki

May 26, 2019
I received my copr today as well; are we supposed to print the copr letter and send it along with photos?
I guess this is it, in letter it says appllication process now complete and i am a PR. Do u think there still another step?

rfsbsb

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Hi, did you get the CoPR letter by mail? or is it attached in an email?
I don't think they are sending it by physical mail now. Everybody I've seen getting this new "CoPR" letter is getting it either through e-mail or on their CiC profile.

rfsbsb

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Thanks! There is no attachment in my profile under document, only an information letter. How long it takes to have an attachment after approved?
If the Information letter you have says you're a PR, then that's what everybody is calling CoPR. That's what I have and it requested me to send a photo to the CiC, so I sent it :)

Hami33

Aug 15, 2016
If the Information letter you have says you're a PR, then that's what everybody is calling CoPR. That's what I have and it requested me to send a photo to the CiC, so I sent it :)
Thanks for explanations! I was confused about if that letter was CoPR document or should I wait for a different document.

mitiriki

May 26, 2019
Thanks! There is no attachment in my profile under document, only an information letter. How long it takes to have an attachment after approved?
I got the approved status and the copr no in my profile on June 8th and on 9th the information letter was on my profile

markramosabad

Oct 28, 2019
28th Feb I received an PPR email, embassy in UAE received it 10th March.

17th March my application is approved, but bec of covid our passports are "quarantined" and have not been sent back.

After several messages to both vfs and webform, last week IRCC replied that they resumed operations 1st June. Till now however we still dont have any update.

Anyone on the same boat? My online profile says our visa expires 10th Sept so I am eager to plan.
@legalfalcon any thoughts?

savy92

Mar 6, 2020
Anyone from US on their last failed H1B attempt and no news on Canada PR? Its really a messy situation right now!!

ThePatnaGuy

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Anyone from US on their last failed H1B attempt and no news on Canada PR? Its really a messy situation right now!!
What do you mean by last failed H1B attempt? Trying to get an H1B which did not happen yet? I am also from the US and waiting for PR.

I think we have to wait for VAC to open in the US before they start sending PR or CoPR. Or, if they come up with some innovative idea like electronic PR.

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/USA/

ThePatnaGuy

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
28th Feb I received an PPR email, embassy in UAE received it 10th March.

17th March my application is approved, but bec of covid our passports are "quarantined" and have not been sent back.

After several messages to both vfs and webform, last week IRCC replied that they resumed operations 1st June. Till now however we still dont have any update.

Anyone on the same boat? My online profile says our visa expires 10th Sept so I am eager to plan.
This may be useful -

Applicants for permanent residence who are in possession of a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) or Permanent Resident Visa (PRV) must inform IRCC, using a Web form, if they cannot travel before the expiry date of the document.

Files will then be processed according to an applicant’s specific circumstances.

Those with valid COPR and PRV and who are unable or unwilling to travel must inform IRCC so a note stating their situation can be added to their file. A reminder must also be added to the file related to the expiry date of the document. If the event the applicant becomes able to travel before the expiry date of the COPR and PRV, they will be encouraged to use their existing document to land in Canada.

Individuals whose COPRs and PRVs have expired and who have informed IRCC of their inability or unwillingness to travel prior to the expiry date of the document will have their files re-opened and reviewed within 90 days.

source: https://www.cicnews.com/2020/06/latest-guidelines-for-permanent-residence-applicants-0614602.html#gs.7rx9zi