+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

savy92

Mar 6, 2020
What do you mean by last failed H1B attempt? Trying to get an H1B which did not happen yet? I am also from the US and waiting for PR.

I think we have to wait for VAC to open in the US before they start sending PR or CoPR. Or, if they come up with some innovative idea like electronic PR.

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/USA/
Yep did not get H1B, now gonna be outta status. Plan was to move out to Canada by June but idk anymore, loosing hope honestly.

Jun 2, 2020
Are you applying alone or how many family members? I also got my CoPR on June 8th but no letter attached yet. Did you get a call as well?
I also received the letter in my email today. It didn't include my other family members though so I'm still waiting for their letters (I am the main applicant). Everyone has CoPR in the document status on the online account.

nomad811

May 15, 2020
Anyone from US on their last failed H1B attempt and no news on Canada PR? Its really a messy situation right now!!
My STEM OPT expired early June and did not get H1B for 3 years in a row. Waiting to hear something positive from Canada soon! Have until end of July to leave the country if I'm able to.

S Kennedy

Oct 1, 2016
Banff, Alberta.
Visa Office......
CIO Ottawa

mchi9ss4

Jan 30, 2020
28th Feb I received an PPR email, embassy in UAE received it 10th March.

17th March my application is approved, but bec of covid our passports are "quarantined" and have not been sent back.

After several messages to both vfs and webform, last week IRCC replied that they resumed operations 1st June. Till now however we still dont have any update.

Anyone on the same boat? My online profile says our visa expires 10th Sept so I am eager to plan.
After you got PPR, did you send your passport to VFS Abu Dhabi or embassy directly?

savy92

Mar 6, 2020
My STEM OPT expired early June and did not get H1B for 3 years in a row. Waiting to hear something positive from Canada soon! Have until end of July to leave the country if I'm able to.
Mine is same case as yours PNP-O, NOC 2172 , VO- Sydney , I have till September after my opt ends mid July

markramosabad

Oct 28, 2019
After you got PPR, did you send your passport to VFS Abu Dhabi or embassy directly?
Hi... i submitted to vfs Bahrain on 9th March, and the next day Embassy in abu dhabi sent me receipt sms. Till now when i do the tracking/chat with vfs the response is that its still being processed in the embassy...

markramosabad

Oct 28, 2019
This may be useful -

Applicants for permanent residence who are in possession of a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) or Permanent Resident Visa (PRV) must inform IRCC, using a Web form, if they cannot travel before the expiry date of the document.

Files will then be processed according to an applicant’s specific circumstances.

Those with valid COPR and PRV and who are unable or unwilling to travel must inform IRCC so a note stating their situation can be added to their file. A reminder must also be added to the file related to the expiry date of the document. If the event the applicant becomes able to travel before the expiry date of the COPR and PRV, they will be encouraged to use their existing document to land in Canada.

Individuals whose COPRs and PRVs have expired and who have informed IRCC of their inability or unwillingness to travel prior to the expiry date of the document will have their files re-opened and reviewed within 90 days.

source: https://www.cicnews.com/2020/06/latest-guidelines-for-permanent-residence-applicants-0614602.html#gs.7rx9zi
Hi... problem is we are not unwilling to go. The province where we're going seems ok with how their managing covid.

didnotfind

May 19, 2020
Hi,
I got my COPR via mail almost a month ago, and today I received an email all of a sudden from CIC-QUE-PRE-LANDING asking to send my COPR and a photo copy for PR card to Québec. I am not sure if this is right, because I am from Ontario. Did anyone else receive this after getting their COPR via mail.

Ric21

Apr 9, 2020
How long after submitting passport for PPR should I expect CoPR? It's been three weeks, but I haven't heard anything from CIC nor on my online profile. Is it normal? Any insight would be much appreciated.

david1211

Mar 24, 2020
I was much sad with what happened last week when i was asked for biometrics even though having OCTober 2019 AOR as an inland CEC applicant.
This morning i received a note and they mentioned the previous communication was done by mistake and they consider my application exempt from biometrics finally. Much relieved now. Had already waited 8 months and that biometrics added too much tension.

How can i request the refund of biometrics fee that i paid last week to avoid any delay. Can anyone please advise. Do i need to submit another webform for refund?
The same issue with me. I received that biometric letter in April while I submitted my application in October 2019. I also paid the biometric fee, but I don't care about refund any more as long as they can waive this requirement for me. It is frustrating that after 8 months that I still need to wait for service Canada to reopen to submit my biometrics. Did you contact CIC through IRCC webform so they can exempt the biometrics?

fakenews

Star Member
May 29, 2019
How long after submitting passport for PPR should I expect CoPR? It's been three weeks, but I haven't heard anything from CIC nor on my online profile. Is it normal? Any insight would be much appreciated.
Where did you send your passport? A lot of Canadian embassies and consulates are still experiencing severely reduced capacity so long wait time is normal nowadays. A lot of people on the forum have their passports sent to Ottawa over 3 months ago without any progress.

mchi9ss4

Jan 30, 2020
Hi... i submitted to vfs Bahrain on 9th March, and the next day Embassy in abu dhabi sent me receipt sms. Till now when i do the tracking/chat with vfs the response is that its still being processed in the embassy...
Did you try contacting the embassy itself? 3 months is a very long time for just a visa stamp..apparently they’ve paused all work on visas/immigration for now. Btw this week Abu Dhabi and Dubai Canadian vfs have opened, which might mean embassy resumed work on COPR/PR visa stamping

markramosabad

Oct 28, 2019
Did you try contacting the embassy itself? 3 months is a very long time for just a visa stamp..apparently they’ve paused all work on visas/immigration for now. Btw this week Abu Dhabi and Dubai Canadian vfs have opened, which might mean embassy resumed work on COPR/PR visa stamping
Hi... yes i did. Embassy opened 1st of june and i tried calling then. The machine directed me to send an email or webform. So I did, and the reply was that it is still being processed.

mchi9ss4

Jan 30, 2020
Hi... yes i did. Embassy opened 1st of june and i tried calling then. The machine directed me to send an email or webform. So I did, and the reply was that it is still being processed.
So well the only thing you can do right now is wait...i read usually it takes 2 weeks to get your passport back..good luck! Let us know how that goes