+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***OCTOBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

pinkribbons01

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
I am very pleased to announce the good lord has finally granted my wife her PPR.

No more LDR we will be together here in Canada.

This forum is very informative and filled with knowledge and experiences. Thank you all for your kind support during visa process.

➡Timeline ⬅

DIY App.

Outland Sponsorship.

Destination: Toronto Ontario.

Sponsor: Canadian Citizen.

Principle Applicant: Filipino

No Dependents.

Oct 1-2018 AOR.

Dec 23-2018 Sponsor passed eligibility.

Dec 26-2018 Application sent to the Manila VO for further processing.

Jan 16-2019 Medical &

Additional Docs Requested.

Jan 22-2019 Medical Submitted.

Jan 31-2019 Medical passed.

Jan 31-2019 Additional docs received.

Jan 31-2019 BGC passed.

March 6-2019 Pre Arrival Services.

DM March 15.

No update for over 5 months.

PPR September 3 @9:24am. Philippine time zone.
Congratulations! Worth it after the long wait. Is the ppr email sent to you or the PA?

Reactions: Skipper48

PeacefulMan

Star Member
May 2, 2017
October 1, 2018: File sent and received
March 3, 2019: background check was completed.
March 3, 2019: Biometrics Completed.
March 15, 2019: passed the medical exam.
August 22, 2019: eligibility has been reviewed.
September 3, 2019: Application was approved.
Outland application. North Africa, processed in Paris office.

They sent a message in the online account very late August to go drop the passport with a letter indicating the height and eyes colors, plus photos. Deposited and waiting now. Maybe first week of September to pick it up. Hopefully now issues.

Though I never received a notification email in my Hotmail !… I also know in fact that I missed some other important emails to my Hotmail after those people forwarded me their sent email.

BIG THANK YOU to all the members in this forum! and good luck to every one.

pinkribbons01

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019

They sent a message in the online account very late August to go drop the passport with a letter indicating the height and eyes colors, plus photos. Deposited and waiting now. Maybe first week of September to pick it up. Hopefully now issues.

Though I never received a notification email in my Hotmail !… I also know in fact that I missed some other important emails to my Hotmail after those people forwarded me their sent email.

Congratulations! :)

Reactions: PeacefulMan

OC1234

Dec 17, 2018
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-01-2019
My husband has finally received his COPR! We have been apart for four years and are over the moon!
Thank you guys so much for all of your help and support to get us through this! We hope you all hear back from them soon!

Applicant UK citizen, Sponsor Canadian citizen; Processing in Syndey, NS
Application Received October 5, 2018
AOR Received January 10, 2019
Biometrics Request February 4, 2019
Medical Request February 5, 2019
Sponsor Approval February 7, 2019
Medical Exam Passed February 12, 2019
Moved to London Visa Office May 24, 2019
AOR2 May 29, 2019
Pre-Arrival August 22, 2019
Background Check Completed August 27, 2019
Decision Made September 04, 2019
COPR September 04, 2019

2M

Oct 21, 2015

Congratulations!!!!
Did you receive the letter of the Pre-arrival service? if yes when? Thx!

PeacefulMan

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Congratulations!!!!
Did you receive the letter of the Pre-arrival service? if yes when? Thx!
Not sure what’s the letter of pre-arrival.
We received a couple message when logging online to he account. The message/letter was asking to drop the passport. So my wife did go to the visa office and now waiting to get a call back to pickup the passport. Once she picks it up then I think that’s all. She can travel to Canada anytime. Sorry I’m not very good with proper naming of the steps, probably that’s the pre-arrival letter I’m guessing.

kaws

Feb 8, 2019
Not sure what’s the letter of pre-arrival.
We received a couple message when logging online to he account. The message/letter was asking to drop the passport. So my wife did go to the visa office and now waiting to get a call back to pickup the passport. Once she picks it up then I think that’s all. She can travel to Canada anytime. Sorry I’m not very good with proper naming of the steps, probably that’s the pre-arrival letter I’m guessing.
The "pre-arrival service" email provides you with free online or in-person programs for people who have been approved to immigrate to Canada. I don't think it would show up in your account ,it should have been sent in a separate email.

ACTUALLY, not quite "anytime". You have about 7 months after the visa is issued before it expires. ;)

Last edited:

PeacefulMan

Star Member
May 2, 2017
The "pre-arrival service" email provides you with free online or in-person programs for people who have been approved to immigrate to Canada. I don't think it would show up in your account ,it should have been sent in a separate email.

ACTUALLY, not quite "anytime". You have about 7 months after the visa is issued before it expires. ;)
They might have sent me something to my email but i know I do have problems with my Hotmail and missed many important messages, including government one after I called on the phone for something else they told me they emailed me then forwarded me their previous email that I never seen in my inbox or my junk or anywhere, the same happened with other companies that did reply to me and then forwarded me their email ! anyway that's a different issue...
For the pre-arrival letter, i just re-checked now and that message online that was in the account is pre-arrival related, pretty sure... here is a hint in french:
"
Nous sommes heureux de vous informer que votre époux ou conjoint, les personnes à
votre charge et vous-même pouvez dès maintenant recevoir des services avant l’arrivée
gratuits, financés par le gouvernement du Canada. Ces services sont disponibles avant
votre arrivée et sont conçus et offerts afin de mieux vous préparer à la vie au Canada.
"
There were two messages and pdf attachments/letters when I enter in the online account.

Reactions: laleona

meladine

Jan 19, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
Has anyone had an interview? We have an interview schedule next week and they asked us to bring more documents about our relationship.
Resources? Help!

halifaxlovers

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
19-10-2018
Doc's Request.
06-02-2019
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
File Transfer...
28-02-2019
Med's Request
26-02-2019
Med's Done....
06-03-2019
Has anyone had an interview? We have an interview schedule next week and they asked us to bring more documents about our relationship.
Resources? Help!
Hello Meladine,

It’ll be fine, don’t be nervous. I suppose a few documents you can take with you are as follows:
  • A shared bank account (statements);
  • If you’re renting - your rental agreement with both your names;
  • Text messages (Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, SMS) between you both;
  • Recent photos of you both or group photos with friends;
  • Testimonials written and signed by close friends and family;
  • Utilities (even if they’re not joint but both have the same address);
  • Birthday, Anniversary or Valentine Cards.
Those are just a few suggested documents that come to mind at the moment.

I do hope that helps.

Kind Regards.

Reactions: meladine

hoppypuppy

Oct 10, 2018
To whom it may concern,

We submitted our application in mid October and did our medicals around Jan-Feb of 2019, some kids are on the application and one of them had some lung troubles that required 6 months and multiple flights/medical clinic visits to be cleared up...

We've now been advised that the results have been forwarded from the medical clinic to the Manila embassy...

What is the process now... sit back and wait? If so, how long until we should expect the website to be updated and for us to finally move onto the next step... it's been almost a year now since October of course and we'd like to move on with our lives.

At some points of this, we've had to call and stimulate people to move on with the process when we expected them to be in activity, as they would have sat on our file (and lives) forever and they had seemingly forgotten about it... so I would hope the Manila embassy would be a little more vigilant?

Regards

Reactions: Wandersazzy

AUG19

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
DR
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
29-08-2019
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Hello everyone,

My spouse decided to move back to Canada in March, 2019 to which I accompanied. After spending 2 months with nothing to do apart from sightseeing the province I would call home, I began to get quite bored doing absolutely nothing.

In May of this year after researching and observing some of the forum threads - many stating with “Outland Sponsorship” I would not be able to apply for a “Work Permit”. I decided to call IRCC to acquire some information about the limitations regarding my application. The agent stated even though it is true that applying through the Outland route doesn’t qualify for me to apply for a work permit - each and every case is different and it wouldn’t hurt to try (the outcome would either be a yes or no).

So, May 20th I applied online via IRCC website for an “Open Work Permit”. The timeline is roughly 4 months, so I was looking to get a response closer to September 20th.

On August 26th my eligibility was reviewed, August 27th my application changed from “Submitted” to “Approved” and by August 28th there was a message in my account stating my application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident with an Open Work Permit has been granted and will receive my “Secured Document in the Mail

Just wanted to give you guys a little good news on my end.

Best of Luck!

Kind Regards,
Did you apply inside Canada? Changing status from visitor to work permit?