06-02-2019
File Transfer...
28-02-2019
Med's Request
26-02-2019
Med's Done....
06-03-2019
Hi,

Usually when u do the medicals, the results will be sent by the hospital to CIC and then the CIC will review the results and update the Gckey saying "You passed the medical exam" and also in Ecas in Principal applicant's side, there will be a line added saying medicals results have been received (can't remember the exact thing it says. For me, this took week to update from the day I did my medicals.

Good luck!
Thank you

Eighty six

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
My wife and I only paid less than 1k (pesos) and that's for the both of us. We were not asked for our biometrics. I asked the lady who took our passports why the other applicants were asked for their biometrics. She said it really depends on the Canadian Embassy if they will ask you for your biometrics or not. A little vague but I guess were just lucky.
Did u make an appointment before going there?

cantthinkofaname

Star Member
May 18, 2018
How did you try to convince them in the first place? Statements like this make me worried that we will provide enough information.
We are about to apply and wrote a long letter with the why, when and where. We are also including a few letters from family and friends stating that they know that we want to move there. But we obviously can't give them a rental agreement or a job offer in Canada because it is impossible to get such things so much in advance.
In the original application I had sent a letter from my mother promising us housing and support indefinitely.

In the additional documents request, I sent OHIP registrations for my son and myself, travel insurance I had bought for my son and wife as they had come to Canada early, and a bank statement.

This was not enough.

Since the Procedural Fairness letter, I uploaded some 14-15 files through the case specific enquiry webform. I had to send 3 separate forms as there is a file size limitation of 2 mb, and a total limit of 3.5 mb per submission.

So far we’ve received confirmation of the first batch sent off. If we don’t get confirmation of the 2nd and 3rd batches, I’ll upload them again.

Also I sent all the files to the email address that was in the “additional documents” email even though that wasn’t an option in the Procedural Fairness letter. They said snail mail or webform, but the first time I tried to upload anything I kept getting the internal server 500 error. Whatever it was.

I’m considering sending some pictures of us around town, and some Xmas photos. Just bury them in evidence.

We had to come to Canada early due to a family emergency about a month after we submitted our application, so it’s pretty easy to prove we are here. Less easy to get that point across to CIC, or to convince them that we plan to stay here permanently.

In retrospect I would have definitely taken this part of the application a whole lot more seriously. I mean there is only so much you can do when you live and work abroad, because as in our case, they are ready to hit the eject button unless we are able to convince somebody not to.

I guess they are weary of issuing PR to people that don’t intend to actually live here, but I thought our intent was pretty clear.

Luthien

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
In the original application I had sent a letter from my mother promising us housing and support indefinitely.

In the additional documents request, I sent OHIP registrations for my son and myself, travel insurance I had bought for my son and wife as they had come to Canada early, and a bank statement.

This was not enough.

Since the Procedural Fairness letter, I uploaded some 14-15 files through the case specific enquiry webform. I had to send 3 separate forms as there is a file size limitation of 2 mb, and a total limit of 3.5 mb per submission.

So far we’ve received confirmation of the first batch sent off. If we don’t get confirmation of the 2nd and 3rd batches, I’ll upload them again.

Also I sent all the files to the email address that was in the “additional documents” email even though that wasn’t an option in the Procedural Fairness letter. They said snail mail or webform, but the first time I tried to upload anything I kept getting the internal server 500 error. Whatever it was.

I’m considering sending some pictures of us around town, and some Xmas photos. Just bury them in evidence.

We had to come to Canada early due to a family emergency about a month after we submitted our application, so it’s pretty easy to prove we are here. Less easy to get that point across to CIC, or to convince them that we plan to stay here permanently.

In retrospect I would have definitely taken this part of the application a whole lot more seriously. I mean there is only so much you can do when you live and work abroad, because as in our case, they are ready to hit the eject button unless we are able to convince somebody not to.

I guess they are weary of issuing PR to people that don’t intend to actually live here, but I thought our intent was pretty clear.
That is quite annoying that they still don't believe that you intend to stay there.
Good luck to you and your family that they will accept your extra proof you sent in. I can't imagine moving there with our kids and then having to leave their new home again so hopefully you won't have to go through that.

athenabee

Dec 30, 2018
Hi, Pls help! We receive additional docs request last Feb. 15 then submitted it Feb 21 thru email after 3 days gc key says docs has been uploaded until March11 we decided to check if docs are ok already coz the status is not updating and we worried that our application might hit the due date of the request but The Agent said docs submitted was already reviewed up until now GCkey still says our action is required :( Does anyone knows what to expect or do next? Thanks

kaws

Feb 8, 2019
Hi guys, I just had biometrics completed. My question is... do I need to send in a copy of the papers that I received from the VAC center after my biometrics were done ? Or will the biometrics be sent to the VO by the VAC (Biometric Center) ?

Eighty six

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Hi, Pls help! We receive additional docs request last Feb. 15 then submitted it Feb 21 thru email after 3 days gc key says docs has been uploaded until March11 we decided to check if docs are ok already coz the status is not updating and we worried that our application might hit the due date of the request but The Agent said docs submitted was already reviewed up until now GCkey still says our action is required :( Does anyone knows what to expect or do next? Thanks
Is that on local visa office u submitted the additional docs?

halifaxlovers

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
19-10-2018
Doc's Request.
06-02-2019
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
File Transfer...
28-02-2019
Med's Request
26-02-2019
Med's Done....
06-03-2019
Hi,

Usually when u do the medicals, the results will be sent by the hospital to CIC and then the CIC will review the results and update the Gckey saying "You passed the medical exam" and also in Ecas in Principal applicant's side, there will be a line added saying medicals results have been received (can't remember the exact thing it says. For me, this took week to update from the day I did my medicals.

Good luck!
Thank you for responding. I checked both GCKey and ECAS and the Medical Exam was received and passed.

Is it safe to say - since I haven’t received any Biometric Request up to now that it doesn’t apply to me?

Regards

icewalker

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Hey guys, just to give you all an update.

We finally got our PPR on March 12.
Submitted passport on the 14th.

No changes/updates on eCAS and GCkey since Feb 27 though. PPR email was sent to PA, not sponsor/GCkey email account.

So those who sent out additional documents, you guys just have to be patient.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
My own experience is that our GC Key has never been updated since October - so I wouldn't worry if hte agent told you it was already reviewed.

sky2828

Feb 22, 2019
Hey guys, just to give you all an update.

We finally got our PPR on March 12.
Submitted passport on the 14th.

No changes/updates on eCAS and GCkey since Feb 27 though. PPR email was sent to PA, not sponsor/GCkey email account.

So those who sent out additional documents, you guys just have to be patient.
Could you tell us what kind of additional documents were asked by CIC?