+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***OCTOBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

cantthinkofaname

Star Member
May 18, 2018
I can't really say. It was moving fast before. We hit a snag with an additional documents request at the end of Jan.
Usually, if the PA is in India, the applications get transferred to NDVO. Mine stayed in Mississauga which usually processes faster than NDVO. So I'm just hoping it gets done sooner. Obviously, nothing is guaranteed. If it's gonna take 12 months, we'll have to wait those 12 months.
Same here. I submitted everything via email over a week ago and GCKey still says “we need additional documents to continue processing your application”.

Anxiously awaiting an update. They give you 1 month to comply so it would be nice if they’d acknowledge that they have received everything.

kaws

Feb 8, 2019
Hi guys, new to the forum and had a couple questions I hope someone could help me with. I finally got my first email and it stated...

"UCI: xxxx
Application No: xxxx
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear xxxx,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2018/10/22 on behalf of the following member(s):

xxxx"

Is this my "AOR" ?

Also, I logged into the IRCC website using the application # and it states under "Sponsorship Application Status" as "Decision Made" and under "PR Application Status" as "In Process". What do these means ? And what is the next step for my application ?

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Hi guys, new to the forum and had a couple questions I hope someone could help me with. I finally got my first email and it stated...

"UCI: xxxx
Application No: xxxx
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear xxxx,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2018/10/22 on behalf of the following member(s):

xxxx"

Is this my "AOR" ?

Also, I logged into the IRCC website using the application # and it states under "Sponsorship Application Status" as "Decision Made" and under "PR Application Status" as "In Process". What do these means ? And what is the next step for my application ?
That is your AOR, congratulations! Decision made means you'll receive an email in the coming days stating your sponsor has been approved, this is called SA. You should receive biometrics and medical requests shortly and then your application will be sent to your local visa office. Once they start processing it you'll receive AOR2.

If you haven't already, make a GCKEY account and link your application with it:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

This is where you'll get updates and messages from them.

icewalker

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Same here. I submitted everything via email over a week ago and GCKey still says “we need additional documents to continue processing your application”.

Anxiously awaiting an update. They give you 1 month to comply so it would be nice if they’d acknowledge that they have received everything.
Oh. Mine does say that the additional documents have been received. That took a day after I sent the documents through email.

applesgary

Feb 8, 2019
Hi guys, first time posting and need your advise.

My application was send on Oct 10, 2018 and received on Oct 15, 2018. Still have not heard anything from CIC. Wife and myself checks email everyday.

Is this normal and what can be done?

Thanks

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
As a ritual I'm calling IRCC on Monday mornings to make sure Sydney office still working on Oct 9 applicants and they never disappoint!
Can you remind me what is the sequence you call to get through to a live person? I had it somewhere but I've misplaced it. Thank you!

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Hi guys, first time posting and need your advise.

My application was send on Oct 10, 2018 and received on Oct 15, 2018. Still have not heard anything from CIC. Wife and myself checks email everyday.

Is this normal and what can be done?

Thanks
It is seemingly normal for Sydney. Last Monday I called them and they said they were still working on applications received before 9th of Oct.

cantthinkofaname

Star Member
May 18, 2018
I just redid the Schedule A and sent in everything requested again, including a letter explaining the original reason that they requested a new form. Plus various visas my wife held over the years. C1/D, UK, Schengen.

Hope that’s enough.

So many attachments I had to break it into two emails.

kaws

Feb 8, 2019
That is your AOR, congratulations! Decision made means you'll receive an email in the coming days stating your sponsor has been approved, this is called SA. You should receive biometrics and medical requests shortly and then your application will be sent to your local visa office. Once they start processing it you'll receive AOR2.

If you haven't already, make a GCKEY account and link your application with it:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

This is where you'll get updates and messages from them.
Ok, thanks for the quick reply. I tried every combination I could think of to link my application with my GCKEY with no go. Not too sure what I'm doing wrong.

Also, I used a representative when applying. If or when I can link my account, will it remove his access to the updates ? Or will we both get the emails as they come in ?

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Ok, thanks for the quick reply. I tried every combination I could think of to link my application with my GCKEY with no go. Not too sure what I'm doing wrong.

Also, I used a representative when applying. If or when I can link my account, will it remove his access to the updates ? Or will we both get the emails as they come in ?
The last question for linking your account is "Number of Family members". You should insert your number of family members (not the number of people in the application). Also, you may want to check the city the applicant intended to live. You may have entered a larger municipality when filling the application while your address is not (e.g. I live in Coquitlam, BC but I wrote Vancouver, BC when filling the form)

Reactions: kaws