+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***OCTOBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

pita goda

Feb 6, 2019
Hello Everyone

My husband applied from india (PA), he gave his medicals 10days ago but still no reply from them, is it common?
and also should we wait for biometric request?as he aplied before 31st december as per CIC notification?.

Please clarify,

Jan 8, 2019
Seattle, WA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
18-10-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Request
31-12-2018
Med's Done....
07-01-2019
Passport Req..
01/31/2019
@maria1994 is the only October applicant who got PPR and COPR.
I received PPR 01/31, sorry for not speaking up sooner or including my information in the spreadsheet.

Application submitted 10/18, AOR 12/18, Med request 12/31, Med done 01/07

Sorry for not speaking up sooner or including my information in the spreadsheet.

I live in Seattle and had my medical done in Vancouver. There is only one panel physician in the entire state of Washington, it would have cost almost twice as much, and they wouldn't have an appointment available for over a month.

I didn't hear anything back from the doctor or CIC after the exam, but the online tool finally said "medicals received" about two weeks after the exam (gave up on linking application through GCKey a long time ago)

Checked the online tool everyday, on 01/30 I noticed the status changed to "decision made" and PPR email came the next day.

kohman77

Star Member
May 14, 2017
Got medical request today on my GkeY Feb 4,2019 and we have an appointment on Feb 8,2019 at IOM .. it says on the paper that we have to bring 4pcs of photos right and anyone know what size it the photo to bring for medical..thanks..
We were told Philippine passport size when we booked an appointment with IOM. Passed medical without any problem

OC1234

Dec 17, 2018
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-01-2019
Hey guys! Can someone explain to me what the new colour coding is on the excel spreadsheet?

Also on GCKey it says "we are processing your background check" in the checklist. We didn't get an email telling us this though. Does this mean they already started if it says this on the checklist? I got SA, biometrics requested and completed, and med exam request all in the same week so I'm really excited/antsy! I wonder how quickly things will progress after my husband's medical exam on Saturday :)

ariana.albano

Feb 7, 2019
Howdy October fellows,

I have been reading about your stories and I am glad to know that we are not alone. Although, I must admit that things have been moving quite fast after they emailed us our AOR.

We just received the following email saying "This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to the visa office in Paris for further processing." and I am completely thrown off in regards of the meaning of this.

Please know that my husband (sponsor) and I are living outside of Canada, in Romania to be more specific.

Also, if anyone can help me with the following things that I found on the spreadsheet that I don't quite understand:
- ECAS PRAS - I know that eCAS is the e-Client Application Status but for us, the tool doesn't find the application.
- AOR2 (are we supposed to receive another one of this?)

Thank you, everyone!

icewalker

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Howdy October fellows,

I have been reading about your stories and I am glad to know that we are not alone. Although, I must admit that things have been moving quite fast after they emailed us our AOR.

We just received the following email saying "This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to the visa office in Paris for further processing." and I am completely thrown off in regards of the meaning of this.

Please know that my husband (sponsor) and I are living outside of Canada, in Romania to be more specific.

Also, if anyone can help me with the following things that I found on the spreadsheet that I don't quite understand:
- ECAS PRAS - I know that eCAS is the e-Client Application Status but for us, the tool doesn't find the application.
- AOR2 (are we supposed to receive another one of this?)

Thank you, everyone!
Try using your UCI (sponsor's) along with your information.
The File Processing in Paris email is AOR2

ariana.albano

Feb 7, 2019
Try using your UCI (sponsor's) along with your information.
The File Processing in Paris email is AOR2
We tried that and also tried with his information and it says that they could not find it. We decided not to try since we have been getting the emails and for us is better than logging in every day - my anxiety would be out of control.

Thanks for confirming that this email is our AOR2.

icewalker

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
We tried that and also tried with his information and it says that they could not find it. We decided not to try since we have been getting the emails and for us is better than logging in every day - my anxiety would be out of control.

Thanks for confirming that this email is our AOR2.
Fair enough. I check on both eCAS and GCKey multiple times everyday. It can get tiring after a while lol.
I'm hoping we get the PPR in the next few weeks.

ariana.albano

Feb 7, 2019
Fair enough. I check on both eCAS and GCKey multiple times everyday. It can get tiring after a while lol.
I'm hoping we get the PPR in the next few weeks.
Would you say that is moving quite fast for you? How much longer do you estimate the process for you will end? I have been reading that the processing time in Paris can be up to 9 months.

I don't know, I think the waiting is what drives me a little bit crazy.

icewalker

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Would you say that is moving quite fast for you? How much longer do you estimate the process for you will end? I have been reading that the processing time in Paris can be up to 9 months.

I don't know, I think the waiting is what drives me a little bit crazy.
I can't really say. It was moving fast before. We hit a snag with an additional documents request at the end of Jan.
Usually, if the PA is in India, the applications get transferred to NDVO. Mine stayed in Mississauga which usually processes faster than NDVO. So I'm just hoping it gets done sooner. Obviously, nothing is guaranteed. If it's gonna take 12 months, we'll have to wait those 12 months.