+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***OCTOBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

technocar2

Jan 31, 2019
I submitted our application to sponsor my wife and it was received on Oct 12th at SYDNEY, NS and still no AOR and no email either, its been complete silence from them. Also, how do I talk to a live agent when I call 1-888-242-2100 when I don't have a file number?

Rachelzap

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
10-01-2019
File Transfer...
28-01-2019
Med's Request
10-01-2019
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Please response its urgent
What i did is i typed my name and then put a signature manualky just to be sure. But on my understanding it basically says that by typing your name you are electronically signing it already. But not sure tho, but what i did was did both hehe. Our papers were good.

justpassingby

Dec 26, 2018
Montreal
I submitted our application to sponsor my wife and it was received on Oct 12th at SYDNEY, NS and still no AOR and no email either, its been complete silence from them. Also, how do I talk to a live agent when I call 1-888-242-2100 when I don't have a file number?
You can use your payment receipt number to be identified, and the agent is going to ask you a few questions to make sure it is your file.

icewalker

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
On form IMM5669 it is written that by electronically typing my name i am signing this document...do i need to sign it manually also or only electronical signs will be enough ? Also i am submitting my all documents through mail
You have to do both. It's not very clear on the actual form, but if you read the application checklist, they make it a requirement. It clearly states that if you don't, the application will be sent back to you.

cantthinkofaname

Star Member
May 18, 2018
I got the additional documents request letter a few weeks ago. Just received the NBI clearance so have sent everything they asked for.

I did it in a series of emails to the address in the letter. Most about a week ago, the last one tonight.

I put the application number in the subject line so hopefully this gets to who it needs to get to.

kupaloidzmarkie

Jan 18, 2019
hi all!! i got my SA whats next?? heres my timeline.. why no medical yet ..like others .. only BGC still in progress on GKEY
-reviewing eligibility of Sponsor on GKEY
-Final decision -still in progress

• We received your application to sponsor ******on October 18, 2018.
  • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 14, 2018.
  • We started processing your application on December 13, 2018.
  • We sent you correspondence on January 28, 2019 about the decision on your application.

Reactions: Empress1

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
hi all!! i got my SA whats next?? heres my timeline.. why no medical yet ..like others .. only BGC still in progress on GKEY
-reviewing eligibility of Sponsor on GKEY
-Final decision -still in progress

• We received your application to sponsor ******on October 18, 2018.
  • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 14, 2018.
  • We started processing your application on December 13, 2018.
  • We sent you correspondence on January 28, 2019 about the decision on your application.
Waiting is next. More docs may be request or may not. You just need to sit back and wait

cantthinkofaname

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Any idea if they acknowledge receiving additional documents, or how long it takes for ECAS or GCKey to update?

Do updates happen on the weekend?

Marwa S.

Jan 10, 2019
Hi everyone, we are a young couple, hubby resides in Germany (on a student visa) and I (sponsor here is my timeline

Oct 1st: sent application
Oct 5th: Sydney received the application
Jan 10th: received AOR
Jan 8th: began processing
Jan 28th: requested additional documents (police certificate) - although we submitted them along with the application (why? am not sure)
Jan 31st: requested biometrics
Feb 1st: Sponsor eligibility approved

now am waiting on my husband to do his biometrics and receive his police certificate so we can upload them.

s.abuhass

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Hello everyone, for those who submitted in October and received AOR in January, did you happen to get any updates since then ?
My application is being processed in Sydney, Nova Scotia

Saima26

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Hello everyone, for those who submitted in October and received AOR in January, did you happen to get any updates since then ?
My application is being processed in Sydney, Nova Scotia

i just want to share my timeline

Application submitted - October 22, 2018
Application received - October 29 2018
AOR1 - January 15, 2019
Biometric Payment request- January 26, 2019
Medical Request - January 29, 2019
May be AOR2 - February 01,2019 ( File Processing CPC Mississauga )
Sponsor Approval - January 31,2019
Medical done - February 03, 2019

hoppypuppy

Oct 10, 2018
Here is our situation:

We had the medical request and flew out the principal applicant and her 2 dependents (quite expensive). Everything was fine with one of the kids but the other kid had some lung issues that they wanted to examine. So another flight + hotels etc was made and they wanted us to come back a third time.

So it says with medical request if its not in 30 days its your responsibility to contact CIC:

"Book an appointment with a Panel Physician in your area as soon as possible. If you are unable to complete your medical examination within the 30 day time frame provided, it is your responsibility to inform the IRCC office responsible for processing your application as soon as possible."

I tried to contact them via webform and was met with either bureaucratic red tape or incompetence. I am the sponsor but they said since it was another person I had to fill out a use of a representative form and mail it in, which is mind boggling to me. The sponsor is not an old baseball mitt, the sponsor is intimately involved in the application. So that was useless for me.

Someone here told me that since this Philippines office uses e-medical, I won't need to do anything. Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

hoppypuppy

Oct 10, 2018
Does the doctors in your county no do emedicals? Because if so you dont need to update nothing doctors will do it on your behalf
Yeah I am a bit worried though because it is the Philippines. Things are inefficient from the bottom to the top.

This immigration system overall is a comfortless system. You hear everyday here about how people have waited 3+ months and had their entire applications returned because they forgot a single signature.

It seems like everyone is just eager sitting around for us to make a mistake. If immigration has to hear that our medicals will take longer than 30 days, and they hear about it two or three times, that's not my fault. They made the system that demands redundancy.

I'll have the principal applicant use the webform and also mail a letter.