+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***OCTOBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

maria1994

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hi. We dont have gckey account so we are just checking the update in ECAS. It shows there that they received the medical results last january 20. Will it show in ECAS whether i passed the medical or not?
ecas would only show “Medical results have been received”. It wouldn’t show if you passed or not.

Not sure if you aware of this but if you can’t link, another way to check if you pass medical is to call 1-888-242-2100, follow the prompts until it ask you to enter your application number. Once you enter the application number there will be an automated message that will say the application status (same details that would be in gckey). Hope that helps!

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
application received at Sydney on October 13, 2018. No AOR yet. How can I link my application to GCKey online? I will need to wait for the AOR or what? and isnt it too long to not get AOR yet? how can i get an update?
I believe you can't link your application to GCKEY account if they haven't started processing your application. You can still try and see how it goes.
In Gckey, you have option to search an application based on only name and birthday instead of UCI or File number.

Reactions: justpassingby

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
application received at Sydney on October 13, 2018. No AOR yet. How can I link my application to GCKey online? I will need to wait for the AOR or what? and isnt it too long to not get AOR yet? how can i get an update?
You pretty much have to wait until you get the AOR. If you want more information, I would suggest submitting through the online form. Bear in mind, if you are not the Principal Applicant, and you haven't signed the "Use of Representative" form in the application, they won't tell you anything. Definitely not an intuitive process! Hang in there.

Beshu

Nov 29, 2018
As i read thru the forum i noticed some people got their aor, I thought ppr takes almost a year to get, but as i read some people got it in 3 months. Please tell me how is this possible, I am happy for all of you guys. I would like to know how tho. Thank you for responding

Desjar

Jan 28, 2019
Sent my Sponsor Application to Nova Scotia .... They received it Oct. 23rd 2018... I just now received a reply that my application was sent to Mississauga they gave me the UCI number and an application number... Can I now link this to my GCKey account.....If I link it, will all information come to this account for the Principle Applicant ??

Empress1

Aug 11, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS
App. Filed.......
18-6-2018
AOR Received.
8-8-2018
Sent my Sponsor Application to Nova Scotia .... They received it Oct. 23rd 2018... I just now received a reply that my application was sent to Mississauga they gave me the UCI number and an application number... Can I now link this to my GCKey account.....If I link it, will all information come to this account for the Principle Applicant ??
When did you get AOR and what's your timeline plz?

Desjar

Jan 28, 2019
When did you get AOR and what's your timeline plz?
I received an e-mail this morning Jan. 28th 2019 . The e-mail was from Mississauga. They received my application Oct. 23rd 2018 in Nova Scotia...The e-mail gives me the UCI # and Application number but does not say that I have been approved....

Reactions: ritvik123

Nazman

Oct 18, 2018
I got request for bio-metrics today, in my GCKEY it states
we are processing your background check, which started weeks go and today after the letter it also says
We are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements. My question is when do you usually get medical request? because PA has to leave the country in order to give bio-metrics so it would be better to do both at same time. So far just had AOR and Bio-metrics request.

hoppypuppy

Oct 10, 2018
I am wondering if someone would be so generous as to provide me with advice in regards to our little situation here.

The medicals are required to be completed within 30 days. As soon as we had received notice of the medicals we immediately kicked into action. This included immediately buying plane tickets, paying for shots, examinations, etc, all in all costing 1000+ dollars, which is beyond affordable.

Now we are 18 days into this, out of the 30 days, and we have to have my spouse fly out yet again to have another X-ray done for a family member, at request of the embassy.

She is having to drag along sometimes uncooperative children to these appointments that are hosted in another part of her country.

The inefficiencies of her country may also be at play.

To make a long story short, I'm getting a bit concerned. I decided that if the medicals were not completed by February 1st that I would send a letter of explanation to the CIC officers to explain the potential for delay. February 1st would allow the letter a week to travel through the mail and get to the officers, before the 30 days were complete.

Is this plan prudent?

Much thanks.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does the doctors in your county no do emedicals? Because if so you dont need to update nothing doctors will do it on your behalf

I am wondering if someone would be so generous as to provide me with advice in regards to our little situation here.

The medicals are required to be completed within 30 days. As soon as we had received notice of the medicals we immediately kicked into action. This included immediately buying plane tickets, paying for shots, examinations, etc, all in all costing 1000+ dollars, which is beyond affordable.

Now we are 18 days into this, out of the 30 days, and we have to have my spouse fly out yet again to have another X-ray done for a family member, at request of the embassy.

She is having to drag along sometimes uncooperative children to these appointments that are hosted in another part of her country.

The inefficiencies of her country may also be at play.

To make a long story short, I'm getting a bit concerned. I decided that if the medicals were not completed by February 1st that I would send a letter of explanation to the CIC officers to explain the potential for delay. February 1st would allow the letter a week to travel through the mail and get to the officers, before the 30 days were complete.

Is this plan prudent?

Much thanks.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
As i read thru the forum i noticed some people got their aor, I thought ppr takes almost a year to get, but as i read some people got it in 3 months. Please tell me how is this possible, I am happy for all of you guys. I would like to know how tho. Thank you for responding
AOR means Acknowledgement of Receipt (of your application). The full PR process takes a year, AOR is the first thing you get that tells you that they have your application and have begun looking at it.

SJK90

Nov 1, 2018
Hi,

I’m just a little clueless. I sent my application on Oct. 26th. I didn’t get an AOR, but I did just get an email saying that I meet the federal eligibility as a sponsor. Does anyone happen to know if I’m supposed to get an AOR 1 after this? Or if I’m reeeally behind in the process?

Empress1

Aug 11, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS
App. Filed.......
18-6-2018
AOR Received.
8-8-2018
Hi everyone jus got an update today requesting another police certificate for my hubby. Can we upload it and submit through our gckey account or this document must be mailed? Thanks for the response.

uncountable

Aug 30, 2017
Hi everyone, we submitted our Outland PR application on oct 17 and have received AOR on Jan 15, which is great. I am Sponsor and my husband is the PA.
The process is going really slow and my husband and I have been apart and it’s driving me crazy being apart, so I want him to apply for a visitor visa or an open work permit. The question is which is advisable? Which is easier to go for and takes less time?
Also for the open work permit, will an online application be accepted?

hoppypuppy

Oct 10, 2018
Does the doctors in your county no do emedicals? Because if so you dont need to update nothing doctors will do it on your behalf
That's not true.

"Book an appointment with a Panel Physician in your area as soon as possible. If you are unable to complete your medical examination within the 30 day timeframe provided, it is your responsibility to inform the IRCC office responsible for processing your application as soon as possible."

Now I just have to figure out how to contact CPC Mississauga. Do you have to write them a formal letter? Is there no way to e-mail their office and get in contact with a person?