+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Easter Monday is not a stat public holiday in Canada. They should be working on Monday.
No they shouldn't, even if it's not stated a stat public holiday, it is still a holiday and you can read the news, no government or federal office is working tomorrow and I'm pretty sure CIC officers won't be working tomorrow, you can call and see for yourself

Reactions: Sky.ay

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
No they shouldn't, even if it's not stated a stat public holiday, it is still a holiday and you can read the news, no government or federal office is working tomorrow and I'm pretty sure CIC officers won't be working tomorrow, you can call and see for yourself
Hunnn. Whatever. Hate holidays and weekends lol

Reactions: barsarah

aus4

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
This holiday doesn't mean much to me at this point after only getting one ghost update and nothing else...I hope tomorrow is not a public holiday. just my inside wishes!

Reactions: baimmeb

dreamon2019

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Hello, baimmeb,
I am about to sponsor my spouse, but I thought only submit PR application will be enough, but I see you submitted OWP for your spouse as well.
may I know why you submit 2 visa applications together? PR for your sponsored spouse and OWP for him/her, too? Which seemed not enought for PR only.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hello, baimmeb,
I am about to sponsor my spouse, but I thought only submit PR application will be enough, but I see you submitted OWP for your spouse as well.
may I know why you submit 2 visa applications together? PR for your sponsored spouse and OWP for him/her, too? Which seemed not enought for PR only.
OWP is submitted for the principle applicant to gain status in Canada and to work while waiting for PR application as the PR application doesn't grant status, to keep your status legal in Canada you either have to extend visitor visa or submit OWP or if you are out of status you submit OWP to regain status after approval in principle and to work while waiting for the end of the process
OWP isn't submitted as proof for PR application
OWP is a separate process and doesn't have any effect on PR application

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
Hello, baimmeb,
sorry i didnt apply for OWP