Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Me too. I got Ghost update on 30th March. No news after that.
We had 7 applicants out of our 52 who waited for 13 to 27 days past their "ghost" updates and received the remaining pieces all at once including their AIPs, SAs and DMs within a day or two, and some even received their Landing Invitations. So stay positive... it's been only 9 days

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
They are slow at everything, i mean comon extending a visitor visa needs 100+ days to be processed, even in 3rd world countries they work at a faster and better rate!!!!
SCLPC used to take a minimum of 24 and an average of 36 months only 4 years ago. Now it's up to 12 months but most are done within 7 months now. That's a HUGE improvement and I am glad that we applied in the last quarter of 2018 because a lot of mid 2018 (June) applicants are still stuck at BGC stage and some just got their MR last month. So it would be easier for us to appreciate what we have because 4 years ago we would have been over the moon if we are at this stage only after 6 months.

Last edited:

mightymoe

Mar 30, 2019
SCLPC used to take a minimum of 24 and an average of 36 months only 4 years ago. Now it's up to 12 months but most are done within 7 months now. That's a HUGE improvement and I am glad that we applied in late 2018 because a lot of mid 2018 (June) applicants are still stuck at BGC stage and some just got their MR last month. So it would be easier for us to appreciate what we have because 3 years ago we would have been over the moon if we are at this stage only after 6 months.
My relative applied outland end of oct 2017 to bring his wife to canada from syria which is considered unsafe country therefore a more security check needed yet by end of feb 2018 the embassy in lebanon sent her an email to print the pr visa on her passport... and here we are applying inland and it takes 6 months to a year!!!!

deisand

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
My relative applied outland end of oct 2017 to bring his wife to canada from syria which is considered unsafe country therefore needs a more security check needed yet by end of feb 2018 the embassy in lebanon sent her an email to print the pr visa on her passport... and here we are applying inland and it takes 6 months to a year!!!!
Historically it's taken longer (2 years or so) for inland because you are already with your spouse, and their priority was family reunification. They recently sped up, so be happy.

Reactions: Betabr and barsarah

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
My relative applied outland end of oct 2017 to bring his wife to canada from syria which is considered unsafe country therefore a more security check needed yet by end of feb 2018 the embassy in lebanon sent her an email to print the pr visa on her passport... and here we are applying inland and it takes 6 months to a year!!!!
I think you just gave yourself the information you need to reevaluate your opinion... The fact that a spouse is in another country (more dangerous and unsafe to live) is enough reason on itself to expedite and prioritize their application to bring the spouses together. We can go back and forth on this forever debating over what's correct and what's not... so like I said, I just appreciate for what I have now. Take it or leave it negative, it's your personal choice and I would respect that my friend :p

mightymoe

Mar 30, 2019
I think you just gave yourself the information you need to reevaluate your opinion... The fact that a spouse is in another country (more dangerous and unsafe to live) is enough reason on itself to expedite and prioritize their application to bring the spouses together. We can go back and forth on this forever debating over what's correct and what's not... so like I said, I just appreciate for what I have now. Take it or leave it negative, it's your personal choice and I would respect that my friend :p
Well i have to accept whether i like or not still i have all the right to complain

Reactions: barsarah

Ashie

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
“The processing time is 12 months...
Blah... blah... blah...
we are processing your background check”
This is what I hear everyday o_Oo_Oo_O
Which means I call everyday hoping for an update :D:D:D

Bcee2

Mar 1, 2019
“The processing time is 12 months...
Blah... blah... blah...
we are processing your background check”
This is what I hear everyday o_Oo_Oo_O
Which means I call everyday hoping for an update :D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:DGood to know I’m not the only one !!

Reactions: Ashie

AndHern15

Nov 16, 2018
Hi.
Just here to share the good new that we received the AIP today. The letter that says that you meet the requirement to apply for permanent residence as member as...
Now...we have to wait for the SA and DM. Right?
We have a question, because we have a planned trip for may...so...he might get the PR before the trip, but would have the PR card...so...what do we do? Cam we ask for a travel document?
Anyone passed for the same?
Thanks and good luck to everybody.