+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Nben92

Dec 30, 2018
Congratulations to everyone who have heard back from CIC and who has got their AIP. I am not sure what a ghost update means but, I saw update on my application yesterday and when I clicked on it, nothing changed. I want to believe that is what you guys called ghost update, if that is the case, then, I do want to believe we are all close then.
That is a ghost update!

Reactions: baimmeb

taj1234

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
Congratulations to everyone who have heard back from CIC and who has got their AIP. I am not sure what a ghost update means but, I saw update on my application yesterday and when I clicked on it, nothing changed. I want to believe that is what you guys called ghost update, if that is the case, then, I do want to believe we are all close then.
Yes it is ghost update, what is ur timeline?

Mark Robinson

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
Yes it is ghost update, what is ur timeline?

Oct 10, 2018 - PR and OWP APP sent
Oct 12, 2018 - APP received by CIC
Nov 26, 2018 - Received AOR
Nov 29, 2018 - OWP and PR Linked online
Dec 21, 2018 - Received MR Request
Dec 27, 2018 - Finished Medical
Jan 05, 2019 - Medical confirmed Pass
Jan 17, 2019 - Background Check Started
Mar 08, 2019 - OWP Approved
Mar 28, 2019 - Ghost Update
PR...… In Process

mightymoe

Mar 30, 2019
Hello all,

First time posting here

Here is our time line

Oct 13, 2018 - PR app sent
Oct 15, 2018 - APP received by CIC
Nov 02, 2018 - Received AOR
Nov 15, 2018 - App Linked
Dec 21, 2018 - Medical Request
Dec 30, 2018 - Medical Passed
Jan 25, 2019 - Background check and requested police certificate
Jan 26, 2019 - police certificate uploaded

Nothing new since then.

Wife is the PA...

Mark Robinson

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
Hello all,

First time posting here

Here is our time line

Oct 13, 2018 - PR app sent
Oct 15, 2018 - APP received by CIC
Nov 02, 2018 - Received AOR
Nov 15, 2018 - App Linked
Dec 21, 2018 - Medical Request
Dec 30, 2018 - Medical Passed
Jan 25, 2019 - Background check and requested police certificate
Jan 26, 2019 - police certificate uploaded

Nothing new since then.

Wife is the PA...

Call them to find out, alternatively, call 1888 242 2100 and select option 1123 to listen to last update

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2019
I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask these questions, but we have some concerns. My husband and I are pursuing inland spousal sponsorship in Quebec. We crossed the border a few weeks ago. When questioned by the border agents we gave answers that might conflict with our actual plans. Firstly, when asked how long he was staying we said 3 and a half months since this is the time my husband was permitted to leave work. The stamp on his passport has no required return date. Is it still okay for him to stay the full six months of the visitor visa?

Secondly, we told the border officers that my husband had no plans on immigrating into Canada. Would this cause any problems as we try to pursue sponsorship? I'd suspect not since plans and circumstances can easily change, but we wanted to make sure.

Jessica_D

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
Winnipeg
I need to renew my passport - does anyone know if I need to update CIC with the new passport number, or if this might be an issue with an application in progress?

Also, do I need to have my old passport in my possession for the final interview? I think I can request to have my old one returned to me.

Sep 11, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Doc's Request.
17-04-2019
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
I need to renew my passport - does anyone know if I need to update CIC with the new passport number, or if this might be an issue with an application in progress?

Also, do I need to have my old passport in my possession for the final interview? I think I can request to have my old one returned to me.
Yes you need to update CIC with your new passport info. It shouldn't be an issue with your application they actually asked for my husband to renew his and send them the updated info of the new one.

I am not sure about bringing the old passport but I would have it handy just in case.

Reactions: Jessica_D

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask these questions, but we have some concerns. My husband and I are pursuing inland spousal sponsorship in Quebec. We crossed the border a few weeks ago. When questioned by the border agents we gave answers that might conflict with our actual plans. Firstly, when asked how long he was staying we said 3 and a half months since this is the time my husband was permitted to leave work. The stamp on his passport has no required return date. Is it still okay for him to stay the full six months of the visitor visa?

Secondly, we told the border officers that my husband had no plans on immigrating into Canada. Would this cause any problems as we try to pursue sponsorship? I'd suspect not since plans and circumstances can easily change, but we wanted to make sure.
Unless explicitly told otherwise, your husband is good for six months. Also, whatever you told the border officer won't jeopardize the PR application.

Feel free to ask questions. That's what this forum is for! That said, it can be more helpful to start new threads so that your specific concerns are addressed. Sometimes questions can go lost on bigger threads like these where people are looking to get info from others who have filed applications around the same time as them. Anyway, best of luck getting the application started!

Jessica_D

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
Winnipeg
Yes you need to update CIC with your new passport info. It shouldn't be an issue with your application they actually asked for my husband to renew his and send them the updated info of the new one.

I am not sure about bringing the old passport but I would have it handy just in case.
Great, thanks! :) How did you send them the updated passport info?

Innay

Jan 16, 2019
Update:

I just got an email which said I have a new message in my account. I signed in and found the message is "eligibility passed".

My application was received on Oct 5.
What should I expect for the next step?

Reactions: Betabr

Innay

Jan 16, 2019
Can anybody tell me what is a ghost update, and what is DM, PA, SA, AIP? Thanks!

I haven't been following this since I got the OWP in January. And now I don't understand all these abbreviations.o_O