+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

NidaR

Feb 11, 2019
Hi guys,

I submitted an open work permit application along with inland spousal sponsorship application by mail on Oct 18th, 2018. In the application package, I attached upfront medical examination (completed on Oct 1st, 2018). However, I received an open work permit on February 18 2019 with a condition to not to work in health service field occupations.

I clearly mentioned in IMM-5710 that I am a Licensed Practical Nurse. Therefore, I did upfront medical exam prior to submitting my applications. According to CIC website “you will need a medical exam if you wish to work in one of the following fields: a designated occupation, such as the field of health services or with children”.

My question is even after following all the requirements why I got work permit with restriction of not to work in healthcare field? What is the process to fix this requirement ?

Thanks

Cali14214

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Burlington
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-10--2018
Doc's Request.
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
17-11-2018
OWP Approved Feb 18! Yay Family Day!!! App received in Mississauga Oct 30.
Hi guys,

I submitted an open work permit application along with inland spousal sponsorship application by mail on Oct 18th, 2018. In the application package, I attached upfront medical examination (completed on Oct 1st, 2018). However, I received an open work permit on February 18 2019 with a condition to not to work in health service field occupations.

I clearly mentioned in IMM-5710 that I am a Licensed Practical Nurse. Therefore, I did upfront medical exam prior to submitting my applications. According to CIC website “you will need a medical exam if you wish to work in one of the following fields: a designated occupation, such as the field of health services or with children”.

My question is even after following all the requirements why I got work permit with restriction of not to work in healthcare field? What is the process to fix this requirement ?

Thanks
They will send you further requirements to work in the medical field in Canada. I believe there are more tests required than are on a regular medical like a TB test.

Reactions: melito

Cali14214

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Burlington
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-10--2018
Doc's Request.
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
17-11-2018
Can't wait to go service canada to update my SIN;);). Got my physical work permit today.
What date did you receive application approved update on CIC website? We got ours yesterday

Reactions: Cheezmoza

rokesh

Dec 7, 2017
Hi all,

My wife OWP got approved today. Spoke to CIC agent about travelling outside Canada while her Inland application is in process. As per the agent, She can leave Canada and return back if she holds OWP and a valid TRV (Multiple Entry) and it wont affect her application.

Did anyone faced this issue/concern before?

Sep 11, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Doc's Request.
17-04-2019
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to know what happens after Background Check has started? Our Medical was Approved, and when I called the CIC automated line, it says that additional docs are required to proceed, I believe this is the Police Certificate.

Thank you

prashant.kr05

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
HI, that is what happened to me. i apply for visa extension just in case my open work permit were not received on time. luckily my owp were received before the expiring date of my visa. i just ask my refund online and i received the fund after two days. few weeks later IRCC agent call me to request payment and i told the lady that i don t want to continue with the visa extension application and the agent cancelled my application. in your case your owp has been approved already. for me there is no fear to call and cancelled the visa extension application you made or you can only ask online for a refund of the payment you did as i did too. and if later they give you a call just let them know you want to cancelled that application. hope my experience help
Hi @Roch6219 : How did you request for the refund online? Could you please share the link or steps?

andreajuliet27

Nov 11, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi all,

My wife OWP got approved today. Spoke to CIC agent about travelling outside Canada while her Inland application is in process. As per the agent, She can leave Canada and return back if she holds OWP and a valid TRV (Multiple Entry) and it wont affect her application.

Did anyone faced this issue/concern before?
I have the same question! I have to go to United States this March and I'm worried it could affect my application or they could refuse my re-entry to Canada! I have asked and checked in many sites and apparently there shouldn't be any problem with the OWP and the TRV... but they do not guarantee anything.. So it's very difficult to know what to do... :(

newfoundlove

Nov 20, 2018
Newfoundland/Germany
I have the same question! I have to go to United States this March and I'm worried it could affect my application or they could refuse my re-entry to Canada! I have asked and checked in many sites and apparently there shouldn't be any problem with the OWP and the TRV... but they do not guarantee anything.. So it's very difficult to know what to do... :(
This is what it said on my correspondence letter:

‚Document to travel to Canada or re-enter

A study or work permit is not a travel document. To allow you to travel to or re-enter Canada by air only, we have issued you an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) when we issued your permit extension. Your eTA is linked to the passport that you used to apply for your permit renewal. You must travel with this same passport. If you get a new passport, you will need to get a new eTA.‘

To me, it sounds as if I can travel and am allowed to re-enter without complications, just like my old work permit.

tongjoe94

Jun 1, 2018
Inland App Submitted: Oct 26, 2018
Received: Oct 29, 2018
AOR Received: Nov 14, 2018
MR Request: Jan 3 2019
MR Passed: Jan 16 2019 (First test on Jan 4, Re-test on Jan 10)
Background Check Started: Feb 20 2019

Reactions: Oct2018