App. Filed.......
09-10-2018
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Med's Request
14-12-2018
Med's Done....
20-12-2018
Wow that's so fast!! CIC said our lawyer should receive hard copy week of the 18th (our approval was Feb 5). My husband's job starts Feb 19th. He's going to have to take the earliest flight out, probably a couple hours after the lawyer gets our mail hahah
Would that be enough time for you guys to get the SIN? I hope it will arrive earlier for you guys

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Would that be enough time for you guys to get the SIN? I hope it will arrive earlier for you guys
Thank you, I hope so too! The job is in Vancouver and they can't wait much longer for him to start. They had to push back a week already, and it's keeping the lady from going on maternity leave since she has to train him for a week. They told him he can take care of SIN while he's out there :)

Reactions: yint29

yint29

Dec 17, 2018
Thank you, I hope so too! The job is in Vancouver and they can't wait much longer for him to start. They had to push back a week already, and it's keeping the lady from going on maternity leave since she has to train him for a week. They told him he can take care of SIN while he's out there :)
That's a sweet gesture! Hope everything goes well for you!

Reactions: Qwertypod

Jessica_D

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
Winnipeg
We have the same timeline with the exception that I haven't received a medical request, what makes me nervous... Is it normal?? I don't think so... Everyone from october and also november got their MR... :(
I hope you get it soon! Try not to worry - it seems like nothing is very reliable when it comes to this process. Have you contacted CIC? Maybe they could give you some info?

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Hello all

My work permit approved on Oct 5 but am still waiting for hard copy .

Can anyone please advise how long it will take to recieve the actual work permit .

Thanks
Wow that's way overdue! It usually takes a week or two from what I've seen on here. Have you moved since sending your application in? Are you using a rep?

Oct 10, 2018
Hello all

My work permit approved on Oct 5 but am still waiting for hard copy .

Can anyone please advise how long it will take to recieve the actual work permit .

Thanks
That sounds very unusual. When my OWP approved, i received this message:
Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure document has been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received your secure document within six weeks, contact IRCC .

Kindly ask you to contact IRRC. Probably postal courier lost your mail.

Good luck

Mark Robinson

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
Does anyone know how long it takes for Background Check takes? It also appear to me that I have not received any letter confirming that my sponsor has been approved to sponsor me, the sponsorship decision (Sponsor approval). Does anyone have any idea?

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Somebody please pray for me. I have not received my owp till date. The only correspondent I received on the 05 Feb, 2019 was that I paid $250 as oppose to $255. I selected the study permit instead of work permit payment. However, I was asked to make the $5 difference which I did on the same date (05 Feb, 2019). Got a confirmation response from webmail that my fee had been received and updated accordingly on the 06 Feb, 2019. Today is the another day and still have not heard any thing since then. I am some worth worried and scared that this will not push me back in line for another four month as my application was received 05 October, 2018. I understand, it might be going through the process, but because the status has not changed or blinked to something else, gets me worried and tensed.

Guys please pray for me.
Did you still have status on February 5th?

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Does anyone know how long it takes for Background Check takes? It also appear to me that I have not received any letter confirming that my sponsor has been approved to sponsor me, the sponsorship decision (Sponsor approval). Does anyone have any idea?
Bgc duration depends on the principal applicant's home country, as well as their travel history.
Regarding sponsor approval you will receive it next to the end.