+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Pompoms

Nov 28, 2018
hi i just want to share you guys my experience .last 2 years ago i come here tru IEC program and i got a 1 year open work permit. 1 monthbeforemywork permit expire i apply for pr together for owp. then 2months later i got a file number from my pr application and at the same time they also return my owp application in the reason of lack of owp payment since i only pay 150. if your on implied status i believe your only allowed to work for 30 days after your work permit expired providing that you submit your application before your wp expired and if after your work permit app result wont be release with in 30 days of expiration your not allowed to work anymore. in my case when my work permit expire i immediately stop working and my partner is the one supporting me. in my case since they return my wp app and i get it in my mail 1 month later once my wp expire, i resubmit a work permit application immediately and sent togehter the front page of the wp appl they return me. ive read in the other furom once your out of status once you submit ur app you wont get any result til the Approval in Principal thats around 10 months. but it my case it didnt appky coz 2 months agter inresubmit my wp application i got a reault and they sent my in mail right away. so dont loose hope everything will be in order sooner youll get your wp soon
It is not 30 days. It is until the decision is made.
In the CIC website that I posted up there says,

"The implied status lasts until we decide on your new permit application."

If your application gets rejected or your file returns back to you due to missing documents or payments, you will have no legal status to stay and work in Canada since your status had already expired.

avainevie

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
Hi All, for those who received AOR for the OCT APP, on ECAS does it say anything else when you click the In Process status? Mine only says “We have received your app on xxxx”, is it the same for the others? Just wanted to make sure ;)

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Hi All, for those who received AOR for the OCT APP, on ECAS does it say anything else when you click the In Process status? Mine only says “We have received your app on xxxx”, is it the same for the others? Just wanted to make sure ;)
Yup. Just stare into the silence. :D

Exploriel

Nov 26, 2018
Can anybody outline what exactly happens when MR is received? I am currently overseas for a family matter and wont be returning to Canada until Dec 28th.
I am a bit worried that if I have to delay the Medical Exam until I return, it will delay the work permit as well

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Can anybody outline what exactly happens when MR is received? I am currently overseas for a family matter and wont be returning to Canada until Dec 28th.
I am a bit worried that if I have to delay the Medical Exam until I return, it will delay the work permit as well
Medical requests/exams happen independently of the OWP application. OWP is processed separately from the PR application.

When you get the request, you will have 30 days to complete the exam.

Reactions: Exploriel and Iglet

Hary123

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Any medical request for people in this group, I saw people who received AOR on Oct 16th got their MR last week.

Hary123

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
You can do your medicals in the country you are in. Check this site for the CIC panel physicians and do the exam, no need to worry.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

Reactions: Exploriel

Hary123

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Most of the updates from now you would be getting if you link to your applicaiton, then you get an email saying you have an update on your profile.

Good luck with processing.

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
Just for information, if you have a work permit applicaiton, expiring soon and you have your PR application currently in process, then you may apply for bridging work permit, which allows you to work, till the decision on your application is made.

Check this link : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html
i think bridge workpermit is not designed for people who applied for spousal immigration ? its for people under other immigration class..

Sep 11, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Doc's Request.
17-04-2019
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
Hi everyone,

Our timeline is:

Application Sent: Oct 25
Application Received: Oct 26
Receipt Email: November 10
Started Processing Application: Nov 9

What is next??

Thank you!

Reactions: Betabr

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Hi everyone,

Our timeline is:

Application Sent: Oct 25
Application Received: Oct 26
Receipt Email: November 10
Started Processing Application: Nov 9

What is next??

Thank you!
Hello! Thanks for sharing your timeline with us.

If you aren't in Quebec the next step is to receive MR (medical request). As October's applicants we are expecting the MR from Mid Dec to January.