Nov 20, 2018
Newfoundland/Germany
Hey there,

My first post :)

My timeline so far:

Application sent: Oct 29th
Application received: Oct 31st
AOR: pending

I am a little worried now, because everybody else received their AOR within 15-20 days and mine has been longer than that...

We've attached all documents except for my husband's most recent Notice of Assessment as his taxes haven't been processed yet. Instead, we enclosed a written explanation, his T4 form and a recent pay stub, which should be sufficient, right?

If they send back my app., how long would that take them?

Thanks in advance!!

avainevie

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
Hey there,

My first post :)

My timeline so far:

Application sent: Oct 29th
Application received: Oct 31st
AOR: pending

I am a little worried now, because everybody else received their AOR within 15-20 days and mine has been longer than that...

We've attached all documents except for my husband's most recent Notice of Assessment as his taxes haven't been processed yet. Instead, we enclosed a written explanation, his T4 form and a recent pay stub, which should be sufficient, right?

If they send back my app., how long would that take them?

Thanks in advance!!
Hi, see my timeline below:

Original application sent: Sept 13
Arrived at Missassauga: Sept 14
Returned app to me: Oct 15 due to a missing signature
Sent back: Oct 26
Arrived at Mississauga: Oct 29
15 days after...
AOR: Nov 14

Your app was received 2 days after mine and should've gotten AOR (it seems that waiting time for AOR is 15 days after it has arrived at Mississauga) however you mentioned about Notice of Assessment so they are most likely reviewing the explanation you have given. If it was returned for some reason, it usually takes 3 days, well, for me at least. Give it till the end of this week and see, if not give them a call.

Good luck :)

Nasimj

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Refer to my previous post to Nasimj.
I added one space after the information I typed in and it worked. I was successful in linking the PR application. Not the OWP application though.
Hi, Thank you, I was finally able to link both the applications yesterday but I can't find them in Ecas which is really odd!

Reactions: elcwhitney

newfoundlove

Nov 20, 2018
Newfoundland/Germany
Hi, see my timeline below:

Original application sent: Sept 13
Arrived at Missassauga: Sept 14
Returned app to me: Oct 15 due to a missing signature
Sent back: Oct 26
Arrived at Mississauga: Oct 29
15 days after...
AOR: Nov 14

Your app was received 2 days after mine and should've gotten AOR (it seems that waiting time for AOR is 15 days after it has arrived at Mississauga) however you mentioned about Notice of Assessment so they are most likely reviewing the explanation you have given. If it was returned for some reason, it usually takes 3 days, well, for me at least. Give it till the end of this week and see, if not give them a call.

Good luck :)
Thanks so much for your reply!

I should've been a little bit more patient, because just after typing my post, we've received the AOR!! :)

Update:

Application sent: 29th Oct
Application received: 31st Oct
AOR: 20th Nov

I've already linked my PR application to my account, but OWP wasn't working. I'll try again over the next few days...

Cali14214

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Burlington
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-10--2018
Doc's Request.
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
17-11-2018
Refer to my previous post to Nasimj.
I added one space after the information I typed in and it worked. I was successful in linking the PR application. Not the OWP application though.
Thank you all for your help. With all the extra spaces we got ours to link as well!

Reactions: elcwhitney

bobsponge2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
Hello people, got my AOR this morning.
Application sent oct 30
Applications received by CIC Oct 31
AOR today
I'll try to link my app this evening and hopefully I dont have issues with this,
Good luck everyone!

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
will be a long wait from now... much longger than waiting for AOR lol
The longest waiting time is after medical though. I was finding it good that I need CSQ and waiting for it before MR makes the wait for the medical shorter. Lol

Cali14214

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Burlington
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-10--2018
Doc's Request.
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
17-11-2018
Question RE: BIOMETRICS. I feel like every time I look at CIC site they change their definitions for things. Will they send a request for BIOMETRICS? Or should we pay and get it done? My husband is a US Citizen...
"
As a U.S. citizen or national, you don’t need to give your biometrics.

Exception: If you apply for permanent residence in Canada, you need to give your biometrics."

chocococo

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Follow-up on our application!

We are now proceeding with Quebec:
- Received the invitation for the CSQ on November 13
- Application sent on November 14
- Application received on November 16.

My understanding is that MIDI is currently processing applications received on November 7.

Reactions: Betabr

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Follow-up on our application!

We are now proceeding with Quebec:
- Received the invitation for the CSQ on November 13
- Application sent on November 14
- Application received on November 16.

My understanding is that MIDI is currently processing applications received on November 7.
Where can you see that they are peocessing Nov 7th? Their website says Nov 5th but it was updated on Nov19th.
Mine was received on Nov 6th and they started my dossie on Nov 15th, I received AOR 2 days ago.

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Question RE: BIOMETRICS. I feel like every time I look at CIC site they change their definitions for things. Will they send a request for BIOMETRICS? Or should we pay and get it done? My husband is a US Citizen...
"
As a U.S. citizen or national, you don’t need to give your biometrics.

Exception: If you apply for permanent residence in Canada, you need to give your biometrics."
Inland does not need biometrics for now, they didnt set up places to collect them inside Canada still. They might ask for finger prints for the canadian police certificate.