+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Nasimj

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sent my husband's PR and OWP application on the 18th and waiting ...
(We had initially sent the application in September but it was returned after a month due to insufficient payment for the WP - we had just paid the $100 and not the $100+$155)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cali14214

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
(We had initially sent the application in September but it was returned after a month due to insufficient payment for the WP - we had just paid the $100 and not the $100+$155)
Sorry to hear that your entire application was returned merely due to a missing $100 OWP fee. I guess it is up to the corresponding officer's discretion to whether return the entire application or not. Mostly they would proceed with the PR application and return the OWP only.

Reactions: Nasimj

DUNDAS

Oct 29, 2018
Can anyone help me how to apply for Inland Spousal sponsorship along with open work permit.Should I apply for Spousal application first and after that apply for open work permit.I just want to know the detailed application process

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Can anyone help me how to apply for Inland Spousal sponsorship along with open work permit.Should I apply for Spousal application first and after that apply for open work permit.I just want to know the detailed application process
Hi,
You can start reading the official guide.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

Cali14214

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Burlington
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-10--2018
Doc's Request.
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
17-11-2018
We had ours returned because my husbands "dependent children l" that are 18 and 20 refuse to sign background check or do police. clearance. We also did not pay the $155 work permit fee. Although they did not mention that when they returned the application. We made a declaration stating his children would. Not cooperate and added the exte fee payment. Just sent UPS today.

bobsponge2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
Hello people, I just sent my inland spouse's application (I am the sponsor). I am expecting the package to reach the office in Mississauga on Wednesday October 31. We didn't pay the open work permit fee as we are not applying for a work permit (mi wife currently is taking a masters degree and she has a study permit). Good luck everyone and I will keep you posted on AOR and the rest. By the way, does anyone here know (accurately) how long will this process take? I just went through my permanent residence and it took me 16 months, but I am hoping this sponsorship process takes less than a year, am I too optimistic? Cheers!

Reactions: Cali14214

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Hello people, I just sent my inland spouse's application (I am the sponsor). I am expecting the package to reach the office in Mississauga on Wednesday October 31. We didn't pay the open work permit fee as we are not applying for a work permit (mi wife currently is taking a masters degree and she has a study permit). Good luck everyone and I will keep you posted on AOR and the rest. By the way, does anyone here know (accurately) how long will this process take? I just went through my permanent residence and it took me 16 months, but I am hoping this sponsorship process takes less than a year, am I too optimistic? Cheers!
Hi! No one will tell you an accurately processing time, because there is not. You should expect your application to be processed in 12 months, however depending on the case, on the people who are analyzing your app, and how fast you provide the addicional papers (i.e.medical exam) it can take 10, 11, 12, 13... months. The average processing time that I see out there is currently 10/11 months for inland.
Good luck!

dstpcansgirlfriend

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
30-10-2018
Just refreshed my email, and we received our AOR today!

Mailed application via UPS : Saturday, October 6, 2018 (this was over Thanksgiving; it sat in the office for days but we wanted it out of the house :) )
Received at CPC-Mississauga : October 11, 2018
AOR received : October 30, 2018

Looks like they started processing it yesterday, according to ECAS.

Jezucilla

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Just refreshed my email, and we received our AOR today!

Mailed application via UPS : Saturday, October 6, 2018 (this was over Thanksgiving; it sat in the office for days but we wanted it out of the house :) )
Received at CPC-Mississauga : October 11, 2018
AOR received : October 30, 2018

Looks like they started processing it yesterday, according to ECAS.
Congratulations! Thank you for sharing :)

dstpcansgirlfriend

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
30-10-2018
Thanks! I've been compulsively checking my email the last couple of days. I was at work and started jumping up and down, haha. Let's hope everybody else's comes quickly.

Quick question for everybody - my partner was here as a visitor. We extended his status in March, which meant that it expired on September 29. We submitted another request for status extension at the beginning of September, but CIC is so far behind that I expect it will be November or December before they get around to processing that. Now that we've received AOR for his PR/OWP application, does he get implied status with OWP? Like if we hear from CIC and they refuse the visitor extension, he's still good because he's waiting for the OWP, right?