October 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys

Finally became Canadian yesterday at missaguggya office. After14 months is finally down.

Thank you all for your support and good luck for those still waiting.

Next is passport

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Hello Friends- Any updates after your test?

hoemedon21
Shushanik Karapetyan
ovling
Bob456
DILOfOdin
sing.nb
Uzi1099
DSinVic
aika1987
swashbuckler
S7
civil engg
Cutefish
hyperamir
jatt-going-canada
robyikhsan
YodaAtCanada's wife
askiajones
Prabh2018
sanjaykm
FromDrToCanada
robsmann
Mrs.Faisal

Civil engg

Star Member
Sep 20, 2010

hoemedon21
Shushanik Karapetyan
ovling
Bob456
DILOfOdin
sing.nb
Uzi1099
DSinVic
aika1987
swashbuckler
S7
civil engg
Cutefish
hyperamir
jatt-going-canada
robyikhsan
YodaAtCanada's wife
askiajones
Prabh2018
sanjaykm
FromDrToCanada
robsmann
Mrs.Faisal
Still waiting for the oath invite

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
Finally become a Canadian citizen today at Mississauga.

CONGRATULATIONS. Thanks for your leadership in this group

long journey of 14 months comes to an end

Reactions: citi4raj

robsmann

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Richmond, Virginia, United States of America
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Doc's Request.
31-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015

hoemedon21
Shushanik Karapetyan
ovling
Bob456
DILOfOdin
sing.nb
Uzi1099
DSinVic
aika1987
swashbuckler
S7
civil engg
Cutefish
hyperamir
jatt-going-canada
robyikhsan
YodaAtCanada's wife
askiajones
Prabh2018
sanjaykm
FromDrToCanada
robsmann
Mrs.Faisal
Hi,
My wife and I applied together and gave test on Nov 14th. Test went well and we both passed. But during interview, the officer said that we have multiple trips to US and they don't see all the stamps on the passport (we had made short trips by road). Officer said he will ask for official records from CBSA to check date of arrival back to Canada for 1 travel in 2016 as USCBP travel history we had attached also didn't have the records! We weren't given any timelines on when we can expect to hear back. Right now, our status is In Process.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? If yes, how long does it take for them to confirm? It's wierd that we're being asked to wait while it's their system's fault :(

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Hi,
My wife and I applied together and gave test on Nov 14th. Test went well and we both passed. But during interview, the officer said that we have multiple trips to US and they don't see all the stamps on the passport (we had made short trips by road). Officer said he will ask for official records from CBSA to check date of arrival back to Canada for 1 travel in 2016 as USCBP travel history we had attached also didn't have the records! We weren't given any timelines on when we can expect to hear back. Right now, our status is In Process.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? If yes, how long does it take for them to confirm? It's wierd that we're being asked to wait while it's their system's fault :(
No clue on this... any one can help or share some info related to this query? it would be a great help for him

Reactions: robsmann

ankcan

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Hi,

Have you tried calling CIC and asking where the file is stuck?

Andame

Nov 22, 2018
Hi,

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? If yes, how long does it take for them to confirm? It's wierd that we're being asked to wait while it's their system's fault :([/QUOTE

thats okay no reason to worry, it takes more than a month to get the record from CBSA, you could have ordered it yourself and handed over during the interview, i did that and the officer actually took it from me , i felt that she was happy to have it as to complete her file documentation, sometimes they even don't require it, just wait for the holidays and if you don't hear anything till mid Jan,call them,

FromDrToCanada

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Our journey is now complete. Thanks so much to everyone in this forum. Good luck to everyone. God bless. :)

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 29, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 8, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on January 16, 2019.
  4. We sent you a notice on October 26, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 16, 2019 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
    *Note: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.

5. We sent you a notice on November 18, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 12, 2019 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on December 12, 2019.

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Our journey is now complete. Thanks so much to everyone in this forum. Good luck to everyone. God bless. :)

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 29, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 8, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on January 16, 2019.
  4. We sent you a notice on October 26, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 16, 2019 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
    *Note: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.

5. We sent you a notice on November 18, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 12, 2019 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on December 12, 2019.
updated ss and congrats

shuzi

Dec 18, 2019
Contacted IRCC through web form.
Received invitation within a week.
Got invitation for citizenship test today December 18th 2019.
Test date: Jan 8, 2020 @ Scarborough
Can you please confirm when your decision was made? After how many days the decision was made you contacted IRCC through web form?

My application decision was made around 23 days back and till now I haven't got an invitation for oath so I am thinking should I also contact them through the web form? Please advise.