+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
I want to thank everyone here. I am at the end of the citizenship application. I just got email to appear to take the oath. Thank you

Application Sent: Oct 4th, 2018
Application Received: Oct 9th, 2018
Physical Presence Days:1180
AOR: Dec 14th, 2018
In Process: Dec 19th, 2018
Finger Print request: N/A
Finger Print submission: N/A
Test Letter Invite: Feb 12th, 2019
Test / Interview Date: April 9th, 2019
Decision Made:April 11th, 2019
Oath Letter: May 1st, 2019
Oath Date: June 18, 2019
Good luck with your oath.

forsaken11

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
Congrats!
Do you Know anyone in the cabinet?
Haha, no, and thanks.

At the end of the interview they just asked us if we could come tomorrow. I guess something opened up last minute and we were in the right place at the right time. Glad it worked out.

I got the impression that there were a few others who were asked to come tomorrow too. So, I guess they are trying to speed things up. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Haha, no, and thanks.

At the end of the interview they just asked us if we could come tomorrow. I guess something opened up last minute and we were in the right place at the right time. Glad it worked out.

I got the impression that there were a few others who were asked to come tomorrow too. So, I guess they are trying to speed things up. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Someone wants your vote desperately! :p

Good luck mate! I am happy that you are all set for tomorrow.

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Someone wants your vote desperately! :p

Good luck mate! I am happy that you are all set for tomorrow.
I doubt IRCC processes applicants faster ahead of federal elections... But sure: it's always nice to hear that they offer to attend ceremonies earlier than expected, it's in their own interest to reduce backlog of applications.

(December applicant here, I'm just dropping by to check movement of Ottawa-based applicants, just to have a rough idea of whether there is any activity in the Ottawa office).

Hope For Life

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Decision Made status updated on May 01.
Waiting for the oath invitation letter.
Citizenship test passed on April 16.
Thanks to all of you for your good wishes.
Hope to see the oath invitation soon.

mauritiusbride

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Is there a French Forum? Can you please share the link?
I see frm the ss that you also from Montreal...and in process since 22 jan
did you get yr test invite ?.
i called twice two different answers..
1 said am on list for test
2nd said wait till 19 nov if no test invites then call ...coz that will be 1 year..
i have a feeling when you have travels its take more time..coz all those who got test invite frm dec jan feb and march they dnt have travel..
anyway hard to understand the IRCC..

ThaKa

Oct 13, 2014
I see frm the ss that you also from Montreal...and in process since 22 jan
did you get yr test invite ?.
i called twice two different answers..
1 said am on list for test
2nd said wait till 19 nov if no test invites then call ...coz that will be 1 year..
i have a feeling when you have travels its take more time..coz all those who got test invite frm dec jan feb and march they dnt have travel..
anyway hard to understand the IRCC..
Hi mauritiusbride, No. I did not receive the test invite yet. :(
Thanks for sharing the IRCC, Montreal office responses. I did call them once, the agent told I have to wait.
To support your theory, yes I did travel out of Canada for a week once. I am not sure if travel during the physical presence days is causing this delay. Because, some Oct 18 Montreal applicants had multiple travels and they are already citizen now.
I also noticed in the French Forum (Montreal), some decision made since Jan/Feb 2019 but waiting for Oath letter.

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
I doubt IRCC processes applicants faster ahead of federal elections... But sure: it's always nice to hear that they offer to attend ceremonies earlier than expected, it's in their own interest to reduce backlog of applications.

(December applicant here, I'm just dropping by to check movement of Ottawa-based applicants, just to have a rough idea of whether there is any activity in the Ottawa office).
There has been very little movement with the Ottawa applicants so far. :mad:

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
There has been very little movement with the Ottawa applicants so far. :mad:
I know there is a test schedule today at Ottawa location, but not sure which applicant (based on month of application) are called for test. And I agree, Ottawa is bit slow as compare to other locations.
But I guess, they are closing fine within 12 months frame.

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Guys I got test invite today for 23rd May 2019. I was happy until I realized I will be on vacation in Hawaii from 22nd to 26th May. (ironic -eh? ). Please guide how should I proceed? Should I lose $2000 worth tickets (since they are non refundable), and attend test, or should I reschedule the test?

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
I know there is a test schedule today at Ottawa location, but not sure which applicant (based on month of application) are called for test. And I agree, Ottawa is bit slow as compare to other locations.
It would be nice to know which applicants got called. At least it would give a reference of where the office is at in terms of workload. If the majority of applicants are from June or July 2018, fine: at least we know that.

nnkk20

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Guys I got test invite today for 23rd May 2019. I was happy until I realized I will be on vacation in Hawaii from 22nd to 26th May. (ironic -eh? ). Please guide how should I proceed? Should I lose $2000 worth tickets (since they are non refundable), and attend test, or should I reschedule the test?
I guess it really depends on you - if you are willing to wait anywhere between 1 - 3 months (or longer!) to get a new date then don't lose your trip. There's really no way of knowing how long they will take to give you a new date and your location has a lot to do with it.

If you have an urgency to get your citizenship then I would miss the trip - you can always go to Hawaii again and you don't have the money you spent on the tickets with you anyway.

Just my 2 cents!

Last edited:
Reactions: subtain

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
I am supposed to travel next month due to family commitments. I hope that the test date does not come when I am away. :confused: