+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

irishibanez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Calgary
Hi there. It is in Scarborough, Ontario.
My test Time is 8.15 AM on May 1st. Just wanted to know how much time should I expect for all the formalities to be complete that day since I have to go to work that day so I am thinking whether to take off that day at work or not. Thanks.
A few applicants from Scarborough were very lucky, some have been getting invite to attend Oath taking the next day. Maybe check Oath Ceremony Schedules and decide from there :)

rajaram

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-May-2014
Nomination.....
PER on 3-Jun-2014
AOR Received.
Never
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Never
Med's Request
18-Sep-2014
Med's Done....
27-Sep-2014 for me and kids, 5 Jan 2015 for my wife
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-Feb-2015
VISA ISSUED...
2-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
14-May-2015
Fellow members, me and my wife both appeared for test and cleared the tests 20/20. Test was much easier than i was expecting it to be. Officer checked all entry and exit stamps in our passports, verified original Passports (current and expired both) PR Card and second ID papers etc. She then returned back all originals to us after verification.

Oath in Vancouver for us would be happening in approx 3 months from now and she mentioned that they would send the invitation a month before that planned date.

Reactions: callbox

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
I think we're probably in the same Venue...hehe

She didn't verify my border records as I had been buying gas from the US every week or every other week so there were too many to verify. She said she'll try to do it alone instead of doing it in front of me. Not sure if that'll delay my process or not :'(

Fellow members, me and my wife both appeared for test and cleared the tests 20/20. Test was much easier than i was expecting it to be. Officer checked all entry and exit stamps in our passports, verified original Passports (current and expired both) PR Card and second ID papers etc. She then returned back all originals to us after verification.

Oath in Vancouver for us would be happening in approx 3 months from now and she mentioned that they would send the invitation a month before that planned date.

jcurtsy

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Hello
Spreadsheet user id: jcurtsy

Citizenship Grant- Application type: Single
Physical Presence days: 1097
Application Sent: Sep 29 2018
Application delivered: Oct 4 2018
AOR: Dec 18 2018
In Process ecase: Dec 20 2018
Test Invite Letter: Feb 12 2019
Test/Interview Date: Apr 9 2019 (Test passed 20/20)
Online application status shows "Decision made" as of April 15 2019
Oath letter date: (pending)
Oath ceremony: (pending)

When I click on "Decision made", the following is what I see.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 4, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 18, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 28, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 8, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 9, 2019 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventhough they say that (point#2) they sent me a "study book", I never received one. I used the 'online' version of the book using the link that they provided.
In point#4, they say that they sent test invite by "mail". I thought this would be a phyical mail. But no, they are referring to an "email".

FYI: For those who are looking for physical letters by post..
I never received any physical letter/mail during the whole application process.
All communications sofar (ie, AOR, Test invite letter) were received by email. Hence, I would expect the oath letter also by email.

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Ottawa office has not sent any test invites to October applicants yet ? I'm a December applicant, I don't expect any movement until the summer at least.
Two Ottawa applicants got test invitations. Other than those, there has been no movement with Ottawa applications. Hopefully we will see some progress after Easter. Fingers crossed.

Fireguy

Aug 25, 2011
Two Ottawa applicants got test invitations. Other than those, there has been no movement with Ottawa applications. Hopefully we will see some progress after Easter. Fingers crossed.
Yes Ottawa is extremely slow...it is sad there is nothing we can do about it. Did you try calling them?

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Yes Ottawa is extremely slow...it is sad there is nothing we can do about it. Did you try calling them?
Yes. I called once explaining that I may need to travel due to an unexpected family emergency. They said that I can reschedule my test if I am outside Canada. I thought that living in the capital would have its advantages. Quite the contrary to what we are seeing. :mad:

Apalipapa

Jan 11, 2019
Yes true I was asked to take pat the next day , but I have too much work and exact date to finish so I asked them to put is in 2 weeks. So they did. , I am on 27 oat ceremony I am in Scarborough. Update please

Reactions: callbox

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Hello
Spreadsheet user id: jcurtsy

Citizenship Grant- Application type: Single
Physical Presence days: 1097
Application Sent: Sep 29 2018
Application delivered: Oct 4 2018
AOR: Dec 18 2018
In Process ecase: Dec 20 2018
Test Invite Letter: Feb 12 2019
Test/Interview Date: Apr 9 2019 (Test passed 20/20)
Online application status shows "Decision made" as of April 15 2019
Oath letter date: (pending)
Oath ceremony: (pending)

When I click on "Decision made", the following is what I see.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 4, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 18, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 28, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 8, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 9, 2019 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventhough they say that (point#2) they sent me a "study book", I never received one. I used the 'online' version of the book using the link that they provided.
In point#4, they say that they sent test invite by "mail". I thought this would be a phyical mail. But no, they are referring to an "email".

FYI: For those who are looking for physical letters by post..
I never received any physical letter/mail during the whole application process.
All communications sofar (ie, AOR, Test invite letter) were received by email. Hence, I would expect the oath letter also by email.
updated