+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

sba

Star Member
May 13, 2017
Thanks for your valuable suggestions. Since I am no where related to Crown Servant, nor my family members who are canadian citizen has ever been emploted Or worked outside Canada therefore my days spent outside Canada can't be counted towards my physical presence. My query was wether I should simply sign form CIT 177 and in every column I should write not applicable and attach the CIT177 along with Physical Presence Calculator and other documents by completing formality. Regards
Hi
if it is N/A, why should you sign on a form that is N/A?
for example, if change of name is N/A, you donot have to sign the form that is N/A to you.

Reactions: aks2010

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Hi
if it is N/A, why should you sign on a form that is N/A?
for example, if change of name is N/A, you donot have to sign the form that is N/A to you.
My dear Sir(s)
My ambiguity is now clear by reading Document Checklist (CIT 007) in which instructions are very clear after 7 check box(es) which runs as under: QUOTE""SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING IF ANY OF THIS APPLIES TO YOU"" UNQUOTE. In these check box(es) submission of CIT 0177 is at check box number 3, therefore you all are very correct and many members received AOR even without submitting CIT 0177 which seems CIT 0177 is optional and to be submitted when person belongs to Crown Servant category to claim for counting days spent outside Canada. As advised by you all I have also prepared a forwarding letter in which I have given only reference that due to no relation with any Crown Servant or his/her family I am not submitting the CIT 0177 , however CIT 0407 of Physical Presence Calculator is being attached with other required documents. I am grateful to all of you for your valuable guidance given to me. Regards

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
Hey Guys,
I am have a question regarding list of addresses and address on TAX ASSESSMENT.

A brief background.
I moved to Toronto from Montreal end of last year with job hunting in mind. I found a temporary place but I did not change the address. Year end and needed to file tax for 2017. I filed a tax with Montreal address as I was not sure whether I stay in Toronto or not. Finally around March, I got a job and decided to live in Toronto and then changed the address.

Now my issue is, my TAX Assessment shows Montreal address as I filed tax in Quebec, however my list of living address shows Toronto address, is there a problem having inconsistent in the addresses?

Though, it might not be serious, as it is with in Canada for residency, does it have a problem? If yes, is there any suggestions to work around?

When IRCC requests information from RCA, what sorts of information they ask? As per Citizenship rule, we should file taxes. Do they just ask whether the person files taxes or not or all history of address and incomes. If they ask addresses, one address does not align with list of addresses.

I am also considering to write a cover letter explaining the tax file situation, however I don't want to open more doors for questionings or RQ forms to fill. What happens if there are overlaps of addresses? I might not able to prove my residency in Montreal when I was in Toronto.

Expert's advices are appreciated. My forms are ready -- desperate to send documents. Residency does are well over 1450 days.

Thanks.

YodaAtCanada

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2014 Citizenship.......: 07-12-2018
Hey guys,

Wish you all the best in 2019!!

@admin can you please add my wife's application information in spreadsheet?
I was waiting for AOR so no record on spreadsheet yet and don't want to open separate account for my wife. As for myself - I'm done (I was Nov 2017 applicant) and I've received passport on Christmas Eve - Dec 24th 2018 :)

Please put in October 2018 sheet:

* ID: YodaAtCanada's wife
* Type: Single
* Physical Presence Days: 1113
* Oct 9th: Application Sent
* Oct 11th: Application Delivered
* Dec 22nd: Received AOR and info on ECAS is updated as follows:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 11, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 22, 2018.
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hey guys,

Wish you all the best in 2019!!

@admin can you please add my wife's application information in spreadsheet?
I was waiting for AOR so no record on spreadsheet yet and don't want to open separate account for my wife. As for myself - I'm done (I was Nov 2017 applicant) and I've received passport on Christmas Eve - Dec 24th 2018 :)

Please put in October 2018 sheet:

* ID: YodaAtCanada's wife
* Type: Single
* Physical Presence Days: 1113
* Oct 9th: Application Sent
* Oct 11th: Application Delivered
* Dec 22nd: Received AOR and info on ECAS is updated as follows:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 11, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 22, 2018.
Thanks a lot!
Hey supposedly you are also from milton so was hamilton ur processing office or Mississauga?

samelgilany

Star Member
Jul 25, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
cairo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19th mai 2010
Doc's Request.
14th October 2010
AOR Received.
Marsh 2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
14 Feb 2011
Med's Request
8 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
18 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
in shaa allah
HAPPY NEW YEAR for you all

samelgilany

Star Member
Jul 25, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
cairo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19th mai 2010
Doc's Request.
14th October 2010
AOR Received.
Marsh 2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
14 Feb 2011
Med's Request
8 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
18 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
in shaa allah
Just to update my case, My file went to In process on Jan 1, 2019

Rahulpn02

Oct 31, 2018
Brampton
i fully agree. logically everyone who lived outside Canada should answer yes and N/A in the form. The problem is, a user claims that applications have been returned "due to not included" cit0177 what I think is misleading and unbelievable. let's see what he says, this is very important because majority answers not to that question.
There is no such thing where they return application on grounds of not submitting CIT0177. Lot of people don't include that form and still gets AOR.

rav1975

Feb 1, 2015
Hi
We received our AOR too!!!
Please can someone update....
Application delivered on October 17th
Mississauga applicant
Family of 4
Thanks

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
AOR Received at noon today. Admins - can you please update the spreadsheet. thx!

ID: kamatmahesh

App Sent: October 10th, 2018
App received/delivered: October 15th, 2018
AOR Received: Jan 02, 2019