+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

Mmasud

Sep 22, 2018
We got AOR and we haven't sent CIT 0177 at all.

This was very confusing for us as well as in case you reply that you lived outside Canada for certain period(like we have lived), application itself is asking you to provide CIT 0177. Since we did lived in our home country for x amount of time, if we would follow the application to the letter, we would supposed to send CIT0177.

Since I couldn't understand why would I send it as it is not applicable to us at all, I just chosen not to send it at all and even worse I selected that we haven't lived anywhere else, although it is clear by looking at the other documents that we did.

My understanding is that most appropriate way would be to select yes and to send a form, where on the form you should indicate not applicable as some did. However, I trust that even goverment officers are aware of this confusing question and that you need to provide CIT0177 only if you arre trying to claim additional days, and that in case you don't every other option is fine (sending it or not).

I hope this helps you and that it makes sense.
This is all just my personal opinion, not claim by all means.
Thank you for explaining this . I did not send the form as well . Even though I was thinking to mark the box as yes and send the CIT0177 form marking as not applicable since I am not Justifying any absence outside Canada during my eligibility .However, some of my friends did this. This is the most confusing question in the form . They should change the question .

Mmasud

Sep 22, 2018
Hi,
if you want to be on the safe side, fill CIT 0177 with N/A and include it in your application. Although 'ghostrideryu' is giving you his/her case experience but there were people on this forum(in the same situation as yours) that got their application back due to not including Crown servant form CIT 0177.
So it's your call what you decide now.
Really. ???!! I am Scared now

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Here are the photo specification instructions :

Requirements
  • Provide two (2) identical citizenship photographs (except Renunciation applications, where only one (1) photo is required.)
  • Your photographs must comply with the specifications below. If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
  • Photographs must be printed on quality photographic paper.
  • Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos
  • Print the name of the person on the back of the photos.
i have provided photos for all 3 in my family application in separate photo envelopes. Names are written on photo envelopes for each person. But not on the photos specifically. anyways it is submitted that way. Let us see what happens.

ankcan

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
i have provided photos for all 3 in my family application in separate photo envelopes. Names are written on photo envelopes for each person. But not on the photos specifically. anyways it is submitted that way. Let us see what happens.
Yep fingers crossed :)

movinouter

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
I just talked to the agent on the phone. (Was quick to be connected this time!) Just wanted to check how my application is going. He said, they are currently working on the applications received by Sept 28 so as mine was received by Oct 19 he said it might be a good idea to wait for just a couple more or three weeks more. I also asked if it would come as an email or mail. He said normally Email. At least, this phone call gave me a bit of certainty that things are going. Just wanted to share here. Good luck to all.

Reactions: ankcan

whips

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-10-2014
Med's Request
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
07-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2015
Dear
My another query is still not been solved that form CIT 0177 for residence outside canada ( Crown servant) does not relates to me as I am ordinary person. However I will attach physical presence calculator duly signed. My request is to get advice from persons who got thier AOR as to whether they have also submitted the form by typing not applicable or they have not sent form CIT 0177 at all with the citizenship application. Shall feel obliged if any senior or any person who received AOR may advise ne on the above issue. Regards
I did not submit this form and I got AOR. I did however include a cover letter in which I stated this form is not applicable to me so I omitted it.

addi2512

Apr 5, 2016
Hello guys,
Just now received my AOR. Dec31
App Delivered- 11OCT18.
Kindly update the sheet

Happy new year everyone!

RDS1

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
Received AOR on 31st Dec 2018
Please update line 52

This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. We will review your
application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required.
All citizenship applicants between 18 and 54 years of age on the date they sign their application
must meet language and knowledge requirements to become a Canadian citizen. If this includes
you, you will need to:
• Demonstrate competence in basic communication in English or French.
• Pass a written or if necessary, an oral test on your knowledge of Canada and the rights
and responsibilities of citizenship.
The knowledge test is based on the information provided in the official citizenship study guide. It
is 20 multiple choice questions and you must get at least 15 correct to pass.
• The study guide is available on the IRCC website at:
On the same page, you will find more
information on how to prepare for the test.
• If you are receiving this letter by regular mail, a print version of the study guide is
enclosed.
When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, IRCC will send you
correspondence to invite you to a knowledge test. It could take a few months before you hear
from us.
Contact information
It is very important that you notify IRCC of any changes in your contact information (i.e. address,
email, and telephone number).

RDS1

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
thanks, not the question though.
I don't think it should be an issue I just added the form only just to make sure that I don't miss anything as more is better than less.
Logically , you should not have any problem without it

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
The help button in that question is useful (atleast when I sent my application)

There are very rare circumstances that will let you count time outside of Canada towards your physical presence calculations. If you resided outside of Canada because either:
- you
- your Canadian Citizen or permanent resident spouse or common law partner
- permanent resident parent
was employed outside Canada (not as a locally engaged person) in or with :
- the Canadian Armed Forces
- the federal public administration
- the public service of a province or territiory

Complete the Residence Outside of Canada form (CIT 0177) and submit any supporting documents requested in that form with your application.

Even when you open the form the title is:
RESIDENCE OUTSIDE CANADA
FOR ADULT CITIZENSHIP APPLICATIONS DECLARING RESIDENCE OUTSIDE
CANADA AS A CROWN SERVANT OR WITH A CROWN SERVANT FAMILY MEMBER
(SPOUSE, COMMON-LAW PARTNER OR PARENT)

Just presenting what I read and its not a claim , and my application is still pending an AOR :) so...
Thanks for your valuable suggestions. Since I am no where related to Crown Servant, nor my family members who are canadian citizen has ever been emploted Or worked outside Canada therefore my days spent outside Canada can't be counted towards my physical presence. My query was wether I should simply sign form CIT 177 and in every column I should write not applicable and attach the CIT177 along with Physical Presence Calculator and other documents by completing formality. Regards

nanni_doc

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
warsawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 December 2014
Doc's Request.
13 May 2015
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
14 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Third Line Update - 28 May 2015, DM/FLU - 25 June 2015
Passport Req..
7th July 2015; passports submitted: 7July 2015; Passports received back: 16 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26 june 2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully in November
You mean the 2 photos we submitted has to be signed on the back side? Is that true,
? I never did that or read anywhere.
For English, it’s good that they accepted 10+2 marksheet. Me provided the IELTS copy used during pr time
Sorry write the name not sign. I heard its important you write your name when there are more than 1 applicants otherwise they send it back. I think since I am the sole applicant, it wasnt an issue this time.
I didn't have a copy of my pr IELTS either, so it wss either give new IELTS and delay application or take a chance woth 10+2. Luckily it worked for me