+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

Rai@81

Sep 26, 2019
Hi October 2018 AOR team, very frustrated and fed up of long waiting without even knowing the final result. In February 2020 I received webform reply that the file is transfered to NDVO. Is anyone else still waiting whose file at NDVO. Anyone please advise is it worth waiting further?. Bcz 1 year and 8 months from the AOR date has passed now. Anyone else still waiting like me??
Aor 5 October 2018
Additional documents requests in February 2019 after till now no updates, gcms oder not recieved

Reactions: ciscomathew

Sandhu8857

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
so i got this reply
"
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. Please note that your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

Regards,

Lewanika

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada

NI
"
anyone got similar response ? what should i expect beside not sending them anymore hhhhh
I am in a similar situation, were you able to find out what those additional verifications were for? I got a same reply from ottawa, little tensed

AL_wants_canada_PR

Jul 25, 2019
Hi, I am currently living in the US and my COPR one-time entry visa will expire on 7 Oct 2020, I received an email from CANADA asking for quarantine for 14 days after entering Canada. Is it mandatory to stay in Canada for 14 days OR can I return to The US in a couple of days?

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hi, I am currently living in the US and my COPR one-time entry visa will expire on 7 Oct 2020, I received an email from CANADA asking for quarantine for 14 days after entering Canada. Is it mandatory to stay in Canada for 14 days OR can I return to The US in a couple of days?
From what I have read, the officers may/may not ask for a quarantine plan for 14 days from you while entering. If they ask and you do not have one, they may not allow you to enter. It would be best to plan for a 14-day stay.

AL_wants_canada_PR

Jul 25, 2019
From what I have read, the officers may/may not ask for a quarantine plan for 14 days from you while entering. If they ask and you do not have one, they may not allow you to enter. It would be best to plan for a 14-day stay.
I have a job that wont allow me work remotely from canada.

rasecg3

May 3, 2019
I have a job that wont allow me work remotely from canada.
Similar situation here. I'm going to Canada for Landing by the end of August. I booked 14 days Airbnb, but I'd rather to stay just for a couple of days. For me it makes no sense to stay there in quarentine for 14 days, since I don't have plans to continue there afterwards (I'm just finishing my process and I want to plan my definitive stay in Canada more carefully)

All web-forms that I sent they explicitly says that we must quarentine for 14 days, but all sounds like a default response. My idea is to talk with the office in person and get this information, if he or she allows, I`ll anticipate my flight back. If we get no response, I`ll post here my experience, it may help you.

sfvan

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Category........
FSW
We got our third ADR asking for updated Police Clearance on Aug 4. We submitted it on Aug 6. One thing different this time is that when I login to the cic account, the status under Review of additional documents is Not Applicable.

Usually, after ADR submission the status is the date cic opened the file and "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided".

Not sure what to make of it

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
We got our third ADR asking for updated Police Clearance on Aug 4. We submitted it on Aug 6. One thing different this time is that when I login to the cic account, the status under Review of additional documents is Not Applicable.

Usually, after ADR submission the status is the date cic opened the file and "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided".

Not sure what to make of it
I responded to this on a separated thread. Based on my experience, the VO has reviewed the documents, which is why it says "Not Applicable" now.

Reactions: sfvan

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
@Archavin89 any update with your application?

Hey there!

Actually, I had a ghost update last thursday!! I hope something good behind it!

On February, I received a PFL ( POF).

On July 30th, I received an ADR (Updated Schedule A & Updated Police Certificate) so I hope they cleared my eligibility at this point and asked for these docs to follow up my security process.

WBU??