+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

Dannyboy-abd

Mar 8, 2017
So I have noticed a couple of people from March have got their PPR. This is crazy and a huge embarrassment for us October and November folks :D:D:D:D:D
Mine is AOR Oct 2nd 2018, CEC. Eligibility met, criminality (passed), security (passed), background check (passed). My medical is currently on review. Despite the fact that i used the same medical result earlier under the FSW class and I passed the medicals then. Although my spouse has a health condition which we declared during the medical exam, and she was even as for a re-medical, and eventually we passed the medical. But my FSW application was refused because i did not have sufficient proof of funds. I applied under the CEC few months after in Oct 2018. Fingers crossed

Reactions: SithLord

ayaz_acca

Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-11-2018
Thanks.. this group is indeed a strength..Current status is eligibility met, security and criminality not started yet. I called cic on Mon, 16 April.
Dont worry u passed the big hurdle namely eligibility.
Security and criminality once started doesn't take much time

Reactions: Twinklerose

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha @kaurkaur I am a bit worried now. Would like to hear your inputs on our situation. My husband's sibling did a soft landing in August 2018. She had to leave as she has not resigned from her work and wants to have some more savings before moving to Canada. She plans to move for good by September this year. In the meantime, we got 15 additional points for claiming her in our application and we received our ITA. We applied for our PR in October 2018. The proofs we provided are the following:

Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling: Copy of front and back of sibling's PR card

Proof of residency in Canada of sibling: Copy of sibling's bank statement

Proof of sibling relationship: Copies of husband's and sibling's passports which show their parents' names + both their birth certificates which also show their parents' names.

Would she have to resign and move right away for our application to be approved?

We ordered the first set of GCMS notes and should be receiving it by mid May.
The reality of your situation is that as per rules you can’t claim sibling points based on what you have described. Even if the sibling now leaves job and goes back it wont matter because residency mattered when you applied. If you look at CIC website the proofs they have given as examples are mortgage document or lease agreement as these proofs are most likely to prove that person is in Canada. A person May have driver license or bank account in Canada but not residing in Canada.

Having said that it now comes down to your luck whether first analyst puts you on review required or not and then whether visa officer approves it or not. You will be in trouble if they ask for additional documents for proof of residency.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Mine is AOR Oct 2nd 2018, CEC. Eligibility met, criminality (passed), security (passed), background check (passed). My medical is currently on review. Despite the fact that i used the same medical result earlier under the FSW class and I passed the medicals then. Although my spouse has a health condition which we declared during the medical exam, and she was even as for a re-medical, and eventually we passed the medical. But my FSW application was refused because i did not have sufficient proof of funds. I applied under the CEC few months after in Oct 2018. Fingers crossed
Good luck buddy!!

I'm sure you will make it this time

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
I heard GCMS notes is a separate department has nothing to do with visa officer.
Call center agent knows how many times we called before
last time agent asked me question when did you call last time, I answered like ''probably on this day i don't remember exactly''
but she confirmed me the exact day (which i also knew) :D:D
Hi, you are somewhat right. It is a different department handling notes requests but Visa officer would be able to see l a note in your file made by someone else saying something like: browsed re ATIP notes

Reactions: ayaz_acca

FarhadRad

Apr 7, 2019
Hi
Those guys who their estimated date is already passed, what the status page is showing for you?
I mean instead of the number of remaining days what it says to you on the status page of the website?

ayaz_acca

Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-11-2018
Hi
Those guys who their estimated date is already passed, what the status page is showing for you?
I mean instead of the number of remaining days what it says to you on the status page of the website?
It showing ur application taking longer time then usual :(

Reactions: SithLord

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018

Godsgrace1989

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Anybody in this forum with AOR 4 Oct Bc Pnp waiting for updates.
Mine no update since rprf request received and paid on 2nd dec
Aor 2nd oct
Bc pnp lnland
Background check started on 18th march
I am still waiting for decision
My medical passed on 8th April 2019
Like after six months

Last edited:
Reactions: ashlun