+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

kashifaziz

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
kashifaziz, it took CIC 3 hours to complete my biometric. Maybe she should call them.
Her Biometric Number, Date of Enrolment and Expiry have been updated.

Just the GCKey Status still shows "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details."

Should she be worried.

We called the call center, they said they dont have access to Biometric Details as these were done outside of canada. They said we have to followup with the local visa office (which is london in our case).

kashifaziz

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Same for me. Biometrics was the quickest move ever on the whole process
Her Biometric Number, Date of Enrolment and Expiry have been updated. These were updated in 3 hours.

Just the GCKey Status still shows "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details."

Should she be worried.

We called the call center, they said they dont have access to Biometric Details as these were done outside of canada. They said we have to followup with the local visa office (which is london in our case).

Lorenc80

Aug 13, 2018
Sorry, but what do you call GCKey status? You mean, the application current status or the application step status?
Can you do a screenshot?

kashifaziz

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Sorry, but what do you call GCKey status? You mean, the application current status or the application step status?
Can you do a screenshot?
Click on the link to see screen shot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvi9x92s0anevov/Screenshot 2018-12-10 11.17.25.png?dl=0

See the Biometic information is updated on the top right where the applicant information is.

But in the Details about your application status it still says: We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Her Biometric Number, Date of Enrolment and Expiry have been updated. These were updated in 3 hours.

Should she be worried.

Nothing to be worried about. As long as biometrics info are there, no problem.
System glitches happen.

Reactions: marilsl

Lorenc80

Aug 13, 2018
Click on the link to see screen shot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvi9x92s0anevov/Screenshot 2018-12-10 11.17.25.png?dl=0

See the Biometic information is updated on the top right where the applicant information is.

But in the Details about your application status it still says: We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.
The max you can do is report a technical problem to CIC because that's what it is to my opinion. The whole process is worrysome but not this one bug :)

Reactions: kashifaziz

kashifaziz

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Nothing to be worried about. As long as biometrics info are there, no problem.
System glitches happen.
Thank you for your reply. When I called the IRCC call center they said they dont have access to biometric information as it was done outside canada, They did say that I have to contact the london visa office to followup. I am sending them an email saying this:

Dear IRCC Officer,

I applied for permanent residency under the Federal Skilled Worker program (Application Number: XXXX, UCI: XXXXX) on 18th October, 2018.

I was asked to provide my Finger Prints on 16th November, 2018. I got my Finger Prints done at the designated location (http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/qatar/) on 22nd November, 2018.

My online account was updated with the following information:

Biometrics Number: XXXXXXX
Date of Biometrics Enrolment: November 22, 2018
Expiry Date: November 22, 2028

But my Account Status still shows: "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details."

Is that a problem? Can you please provide me with feedback?

Thank you and best regards,

Reactions: marilsl

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thank you for your reply. When I called the IRCC call center they said they dont have access to biometric information as it was done outside canada, They did say that I have to contact the london visa office to followup. I am sending them an email saying this:

Dear IRCC Officer,

I applied for permanent residency under the Federal Skilled Worker program (Application Number: XXXX, UCI: XXXXX) on 18th October, 2018.

I was asked to provide my Finger Prints on 16th November, 2018. I got my Finger Prints done at the designated location (http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/qatar/) on 22nd November, 2018.

My online account was updated with the following information:

Biometrics Number: XXXXXXX
Date of Biometrics Enrolment: November 22, 2018
Expiry Date: November 22, 2028

But my Account Status still shows: "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details."

Is that a problem? Can you please provide me with feedback?

Thank you and best regards,
It's normal that they don't have access to the file, as your file is currently processed at a VO outside Canada, so yes they won't have access to the information. An agent on the phone confirmed this to me when I wanted to have some info on my own application. Thankfully it was in Ottawa.
Your profile clearly shows that biometrics were received and linked to your application, so really nothing is wrong.
The status lines on the profile are notoriously unreliable, and these things are common.
But I'm guessing nothing in the world is worth the piece of mind gained by sending a message ;)...

jbabyigo

Dec 6, 2018
Please can I be added to the what's app group
AOR- Oct 26
Med passed- Nov 26
Ghost update- Nov 26
BGC (IP2)- Nov 28
Submitted biometrics- Dec 5
+2347064677656

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
I was wondering if any October AORs have received a ghost update recently? I’m trying to figure out what phase completion may have triggered the “application/profile updated” status or if I should be worried

AOR: 20 October CEC
MEP: 20 November
Ip2 : 20 November
Ghost update: 5th December. Noticed the “profile updated”status when I logged in but it changed back to “submitted” after a few hours

Thanks

goatman

Sep 6, 2018
I was wondering if any October AORs have received a ghost update recently? I’m trying to figure out what phase completion may have triggered the “application/profile updated” status or if I should be worried

AOR: 20 October CEC
MEP: 20 November
Ip2 : 20 November
Ghost update: 5th December. Noticed the “profile updated”status when I logged in but it changed back to “submitted” after a few hours

Thanks
Mine did the ghost update thing you describe last week too, not sure what date it was. I've been in ip2 since the beginning of Dec. I'm Oct 2nd AOR.