+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

YuriBoskiy

Nov 16, 2018
I'm applying from the U.K, does this mean mine is with the London office? What's wrong with it?
Most likely it is. This office is notorious for being extremely slow in processing applications, often coupled with continuous requests for a long list of ADRs.

kaurkaur

May 5, 2015
Punjab
“On December 12, 2018, you’ll see a progress bar for your Express Entry application. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. It will give you an estimated completion date based on our latest estimated processing times.

We’ll let you know when the progress bar is available for your application.”

Who else got this email from IRCC? I guess this would be great, would give better understanding of the time(I hope its what I m thinking it would be).

Reactions: jbabyigo

yasserzms1988

Feb 7, 2018
“On December 12, 2018, you’ll see a progress bar for your Express Entry application. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. It will give you an estimated completion date based on our latest estimated processing times.

Who else got this email from IRCC? I guess this would be great, would give better understanding of the time.
No, I think it mean application processing period will be officially 6 months and you will see a counter for the remaining time so don't contact us during this period because it is normalo_O

kaurkaur

May 5, 2015
Punjab
No, I think it mean application processing period will be officially 6 months and you will see a counter for the remaining time so don't contact us during this period because it is normalo_O
Lol I am quite patient at that, not even thinking of contacting them any time soon, atleast untill 4-5 months have completed.

But still it would be good I think, we would be able to better estimate from the bar progress and number of days already elapsed.

kaurkaur

May 5, 2015
Punjab
And I don’t think the bar will progress just according to days, I believe they are smart enough to program it to progress according to the stages of application already completed in the given time.

Kittyy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018

Who else got this email from IRCC? I guess this would be great, would give better understanding of the time(I hope its what I m thinking it would be).
I did receive it today too i hope it gonna give us the exact processing time and i think that would depend on each profile

Last edited:

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
Fellas , IRCC sendin mail to all applicant .

Quote-:

On December 12, 2018, you’ll see a progress bar for your Express Entry application. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. It will give you an estimated completion date based on our latest estimated processing times.

We’ll let you know when the progress bar is available for your application.

Unquote-:

If we click on the 'processing times' in blue font, it takes us to another link and ultimately shows ' 6 months'.

The mail clearly specifies 'time elapsed since we recd ur application", and has not made specifics regarding progress /achievements/ transperancy on our files during this period, so although I don't think there's anything to be excited to await about on the 12th (other than ppr mails if they shoot it out), I definitely think that the immigration team is taking steps to streamline their process inorder to become more transparent and courteous with their immigration procedures unlike many other developed countries.

Reactions: Kittyy