+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

zadrozny91

Jun 12, 2019
Silent reader here, but since I got my COPR, I thought I would share my timeline :)
FSW single applicant from Poland, processing visa office was Ottawa, COPR issued in Warsaw, Poland
AOR 4th October
Medicals passed: October 31st
Eligibility Reviewed: 14th November
Background check: November 20th
Biometrics: November sometime (I don't remember exactly)
No ghost updates since November
Called and emailed IRCC a few times between February and May - standard replies, nobody was able to tell me anything, they said background checks took longer than expected etc. Last reply was May 18th, still not giving any details
PPR: June 3rd
Passport copies delivered to Warsaw Office: June 6th
Profile Updated/COPR returned: June 12th, also my old eTA was cancelled and I was automatically issued a new one for 5 years today.

Even though I wasn't active on this forum, thanks to everybody for their input, I got a great amount of useful information here.

Now I have a single question to ask. I'm planning to live in Vancouver, BC but my best connecting flight is via Montreal, QC. Can I do the 'landing' at YUL airport during my connection and continue to Vancouver on a domestic flight? I will be providing a BC address for my PR card to arrive and I'm moving in with my brother in Vancouver, not even planning to exit the airport in Montreal.
Thank you and good luck everybody, my application took exactly 8 months and I know the wait is killing everybody but I'm sure you guys will all get it soon!

gdv9

Jun 11, 2019
Hi All, Firstly I would like to apologise since My application was submitted in September instead of Oct 2018, but I hope i can still gain some advice

My name is Gautam and I am from Indonesia. I hope this message finds you well.

I have submitted my Application on 21 September 2018 for Federal Express Entry. I am yet to receive an outcome for my application.

My problem is that I am unable to login in to the application portal / system since I am using the help of a Migration agent who have their own login credentials that cant be shared.

I have been informed this as the update

Review of Eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam
review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents
Interview - You do not need an interview
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints
Background Check - Your application is in Progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check
Final Decision - Your application is in Progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I was also adviced that ordering GCMS notes can impact my application by my agent which is why I havent done so.

Any advice? Is my application on the right track or should I be worried?

Canada boy

Jun 6, 2019
Hello all,
My AOR is 17/10/2018
I moved to IP2 today after a silent period of about 7 months. Last update was in November about passing of Medicals.
What generally is the trend from IP2 to PPR? Is it likely that the file may again be held up for a few months in IP2 itself as I have read for some other members?
My feeling about it is that the long delays in IP2 stage are in those cases which moved to IP2 simultaneously with MEP or at least soon thereafter. It could be unlikely for an agent to touch a file after 7 months and keep it pending yet again instead of finishing off the remainder tasks right away.
Expert views of members are welcome and will be much appreciated.

ofband

Apr 20, 2019
Hello everyone.!! The long awaited golden email has arrived @6:09pm canadian time . :)

Here are my timelines:
AOR: Oct 19, 2018
Medical passed: Nov 19, 2018
ADR 1: Dec 4, 2018
ADR 2: May 27, 2019
Ready for visa email: June 11, 2019
Amount of cash for whole process (application fee, medical for 2, documents, travel time, ielts, biometrics, pcc): still need to be calculated o_O

Didn't request any gcms notes.

NOC code 2211...Canadian experience class. Main applicant (Barbadian) with spouse as an accompanying member (Ukrainian).

Hope everyone get their golden email soon. Tears, anxiety, depression, frustration and all were felt in this process....7 months and 24 days Enjoy the great summer days and remain positive. Best of luck guys
Congrats mate :D Hehe I'm aor 19 Oct too.. till waiting :D I'm still positif

Reactions: Bajanbee

pieben

Nov 21, 2018
Hello all,
My AOR is 17/10/2018
I moved to IP2 today after a silent period of about 7 months. Last update was in November about passing of Medicals.
What generally is the trend from IP2 to PPR? Is it likely that the file may again be held up for a few months in IP2 itself as I have read for some other members?
My feeling about it is that the long delays in IP2 stage are in those cases which moved to IP2 simultaneously with MEP or at least soon thereafter. It could be unlikely for an agent to touch a file after 7 months and keep it pending yet again instead of finishing off the remainder tasks right away.
Expert views of members are welcome and will be much appreciated.
I had the same feeling. Alas, here I am another 1.5 months after IP2.

harshey

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hello ya all

Glad to share i received my copr today. Here goes the timeline :
VFS - Hyderabad
PPR - May 27th
PP submission - May 30th
COPR - June 12th

Shall never forget how this forum has helped me be sane in this tough wait. Hope everyone receives golden email soon.Good luck and Thank you :)

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hello ya all

VFS - Hyderabad
PPR - May 27th
PP submission - May 30th
COPR - June 12th

Shall never forget how this forum has helped me be sane in this tough wait. Hope everyone receives golden email soon.Good luck and Thank you :)
congrats!! All the best for your future in Canada

Reactions: harshey

apurvchaudhary

May 25, 2018
Hello ya all

VFS - Hyderabad
PPR - May 27th
PP submission - May 30th
COPR - June 12th

Congratulations Harshey.
All the best buddy.:)

apurvchaudhary

May 25, 2018
Hi All, Firstly I would like to apologise since My application was submitted in September instead of Oct 2018, but I hope i can still gain some advice

My name is Gautam and I am from Indonesia. I hope this message finds you well.

I have submitted my Application on 21 September 2018 for Federal Express Entry. I am yet to receive an outcome for my application.

My problem is that I am unable to login in to the application portal / system since I am using the help of a Migration agent who have their own login credentials that cant be shared.

I have been informed this as the update

Review of Eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam
review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents
Interview - You do not need an interview
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints
Background Check - Your application is in Progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check
Final Decision - Your application is in Progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I was also adviced that ordering GCMS notes can impact my application by my agent which is why I havent done so.

Any advice? Is my application on the right track or should I be worried?
Don't worry brother.
Your case appears to be much similar to most of the pending cases in the forum.

For GCMS, they provide you with the correct information & status of your application... & You can order them at your own without indulging your consultant in it.
Since past one week, the pending files are again gaining some momentum... Hopefully you will receive some update on your profile very soon.

Reactions: Sonyablade

Blackhole

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Hi all! I called cic and the agent told me that she will send an action request to the officer (almost 8 months is passed since my submission). Do you know if this action request is just a reminder or it it's something a bit more effective? Fortunately this time the agent was much nicer than the previouse one.

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Hi all! I called cic and the agent told me that she will send an action request to the officer (almost 8 months is passed since my submission). Do you know if this action request is just a reminder or it it's something a bit more effective? Fortunately this time the agent was much nicer than the previouse one.
People have had mixed results. It is really just a reminder, but sometimes it results in faster processing. For myself, it has had little effect though.

Bajanbee

Apr 5, 2019
Congratulations Bajanbee. What kind of ADR they asked for?
ADR1: my husband divorce certificate and pcc from China which we couldn't get but gave a letter of explanation instead

ADR2: both our schedule a but this time we added additional sheets for our personal history as very detailed as possible and signed everything

Last edited:
Reactions: mani770

mariusbaran

May 27, 2019
Hi all, I am IP2 since may 8th. Waiting for my PPR. Have to leave the country for few months soon. How do you suggest me to act in this case? Should I wait for PPR email and then report the temp change of my address or say it in Case Specific Enquiry form? What would be the best opt here?

EDIT: I just spoke with an agent and had been told that I CAN travel and if I receive my PPR while travelling, I should just sent them a letter that instead sending my Passport to Ottawa or Vancouver I should ask if I could send my Passport copy to visa office (I am not sure what that says) and also tell the details how long I will be travelling, which country I am at ect.

Last edited: