+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
Hello,
Are there any applicants who applied from the States... with processing office of Sydney, NS- How long before there is a decision on the application?
As of Oct 9 2018, all the required docs were updated and completed
Medical clearance was updated somewhere around oct 13-15 and then right after, all 8 stages were shown as completed. Now since last 6+months, we are stuck at background processing. I have submitted like 5 case inquiries to know where it is stuck.. but each response is the basic one... that they are still checking and will update once a decision is made.

Anyone know when to expect a decision? Anyone stuck in a similar stage? Thanks
I am in a similar situation. All done and background check is going currently. The only difference from your case is, I didn't submit any case inquiries as my Attorney told me it would take 7-8 months until we hear something. So, I decided to wait until end of 8 months and decide what to do then. After all, worrying about it every day will only make things worse. So, will have fun until the decision comes. :D

PS: Tomorrow marks end of my seventh month. (AOR - Oct 17th)

Reactions: Adityas22

Th3.Bat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
AOR 24th October

Just spoke to an agent and she confirmed that eligibility is passed
background checks haven't started yet.

I ordered gcms notes on 11th May and hope to receive PPR before receiving notes.

kiran333

Mar 14, 2019
AOR 24th October

Just spoke to an agent and she confirmed that eligibility is passed
background checks haven't started yet.

I ordered gcms notes on 11th May and hope to receive PPR before receiving notes.
Can you help how did you call, was it a normal phone call or an application like Hangout as with apps like Hangout and text now etc, it gets disconnected after selecting the option '1' 4th time when it gets transferred!!

Th3.Bat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
Can you help how did you call, was it a normal phone call or an application like Hangout as with apps like Hangout and text now etc, it gets disconnected after selecting the option '1' 4th time when it gets transferred!!
I called via Hangout dialer, try again it'll connect.

bhu1

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
I'm I a very same situation. Everything passed on Arpil 10, waiting to be finalized. Due date on notes was May 10, but nothing happened. Spoke to an agent yesterday and he said could take another 2 weeks to a month, cause I've ordered the notes recently. Pls keep me posted and good luck!
Will do. I too applied for notes 4 days back. Want to confirm if all stages really passed.

bhu1

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
How long does background check takes?
eligibility - recommended pass

Haven't seen any updates since uploading ADR on Apr 29
Whats it saying under Additional doc required " on cic portal?
Have they acknowledged the receipt of your docs. Did it turn back to "No additional doc required". BG timeline is unpredictable as it is outsourced and involves many factors.
Do call after a week if nothing gets updated

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Whats it saying under Additional doc required " on cic portal?
Have they acknowledged the receipt of your docs. Did it turn back to "No additional doc required". BG timeline is unpredictable as it is outsourced and involves many factors.
Do call after a week if nothing gets updated
It still says "We are reviewing the additional documents". It's been like that since I uploaded ADR on Apr 29. But the agent says my eligibility is recommend pass.

So not really sure when BG checks started. It's just frustrating!!

niccccc

May 8, 2019
It still says "We are reviewing the additional documents". It's been like that since I uploaded ADR on Apr 29. But the agent says my eligibility is recommend pass.

According to my experience the CIC portal isn't accurate at all. Don't rely on the website, as the best way is to call IRCC agent/order notes to check.
I got my PPR two days ago, my CIC portal is still in IP1.

so cheers, don't get too frustrated by the portal. Good luck!

AllieKatt

Dec 2, 2018
Hi guys, got an ADR just now for employment reference letter listing job duties etc, before today, no movement since November.. however I was asked to send the letter to the Mexico consulate. Does this mean i should send a physical copy or can I just upload using webform?

bhu1

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019

I see. When i uploaded the adr (my new medical), it turned " no additional doc required" in a week. But then it depends on the type of doc uploaded and time required to process it. Medical i believe should be quickest. If they haven't ack'ed yet, ensure that they do it before the last date you were given to upload them.

Reactions: SithLord

Jas.singh0804

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottowa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
24-10-2108
According to my experience the CIC portal isn't accurate at all. Don't rely on the website, as the best way is to call IRCC agent/order notes to check.
I got my PPR two days ago, my CIC portal is still in IP1.

so cheers, don't get too frustrated by the portal. Good luck!
You were in IP2 dear...

Reactions: niccccc