Med's Done....
25th August 2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25th October 2018
VISA ISSUED...
12th November 2018
Thank you!! Congratulations to you as well!

I just checked ECAS to see if my address was updated since I moved to Canada to wait out the application on June 26.
ECAS now shows Decision Made, no further update. Fingers crossed!
Hi and congrats on your application so far! Quick question you said you have already move to Canada to wait out the application, my husband (PA) and I (sponsor) outland will be visiting Canada soon, you was your experience entering Canada with immigration? We are a bit concern that we have an application in process and immigration will give us a dificult time???

CMogensen

Jul 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Hi and congrats on your application so far! Quick question you said you have already move to Canada to wait out the application, my husband (PA) and I (sponsor) outland will be visiting Canada soon, you was your experience entering Canada with immigration? We are a bit concern that we have an application in process and immigration will give us a dificult time???
Thank you!

I didn’t encounter any difficulties. The border officer I spoke to was really nice, asked a few questions. What brings you to Canada? My answer:” I’m here to visit my boyfriend and his family”
How long are you staying? “I’m hoping to stay forever as I have a spousal sponsorship application in process, it was filed in October and I’m hoping to be able to stay in Canada and wait for the result. If the application is refused I will leave Canada at the end of my tourist visa (6 months). As of now I’m just looking forward to seeing my boyfriend and being back in Canada” - This might not be an answer that works for everyone, depending on the border officer, but I was honest and I advise you to be so as well.

You said you are planning to come visit Canada, if you have are planning on returning back to where you currently live I don’t see any problems. Just tell them about the application and bring proof that it is in process, in case you get asked about it.

One thing I was aware of was only bringing things a tourist would bring. If you stand there with four bags, a chair and a dishwasher (not saying this is what you would bring, but to make the point) it is more likely they will give you a difficult time, because it doesn’t look like you are here to visit.

I hope the best for you! Both with the application and visiting Canada.

trinirock

Star Member
May 2, 2017
App. Filed.......
8th March 2018
Doc's Request.
12th March 2018
AOR Received.
26th April 2018
File Transfer...
07th May 2018
Med's Request
10th August 2018
Med's Done....
25th August 2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25th October 2018
VISA ISSUED...
12th November 2018
Thank you!

I didn’t encounter any difficulties. The border officer I spoke to was really nice, asked a few questions. What brings you to Canada? My answer:” I’m here to visit my boyfriend and his family”
How long are you staying? “I’m hoping to stay forever as I have a spousal sponsorship application in process, it was filed in October and I’m hoping to be able to stay in Canada and wait for the result. If the application is refused I will leave Canada at the end of my tourist visa (6 months). As of now I’m just looking forward to seeing my boyfriend and being back in Canada” - This might not be an answer that works for everyone, depending on the border officer, but I was honest and I advise you to be so as well.

You said you are planning to come visit Canada, if you have are planning on returning back to where you currently live I don’t see any problems. Just tell them about the application and bring proof that it is in process, in case you get asked about it.

One thing I was aware of was only bringing things a tourist would bring. If you stand there with four bags, a chair and a dishwasher (not saying this is what you would bring, but to make the point) it is more likely they will give you a difficult time, because it doesn’t look like you are here to visit.

I hope the best for you! Both with the application and visiting Canada.
Thank you so much for a quick and "positive" response!! My husband, daughter and i will be visiting friends for 3 weeks with return tickets to our current homeland only traveling with 2 suite cases for the (3) three of us, (no fridge or stove) lol and we have begun a file with our current status of our application to take with us. As the saying goes " its better to be prepared than under prepared" hope all goes well with you as well!!

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Thank you so much for a quick and "positive" response!! My husband, daughter and i will be visiting friends for 3 weeks with return tickets to our current homeland only traveling with 2 suite cases for the (3) three of us, (no fridge or stove) lol and we have begun a file with our current status of our application to take with us. As the saying goes " its better to be prepared than under prepared" hope all goes well with you as well!!
I've been in and out of Canada a number of times with the application in process (I'm in Canada now, in fact). I've always just entered as a visitor saying that I am coming to visit my husband for x number of days/weeks. My company also has offices here so I also say that I'm attending business meetings at the same time.

Don't volunteer any information but give honest answers if asked. You're not doing anything wrong but the CBSA officer has to be satisfied that you are legitimate visitors as long as you don't have PR Status.

Reactions: posse and trinirock

AirJordan23

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Just received received the GOLDEN E-MAIL! Called for passport.
But It has written the validity of passport should be 12 months from the submission date and my passport validity is around 11.5 months (Up to 16 June 2019) from today. Will it create problem?
Guys please help if you have any idea on this issue.
Congratulations!!!
About passport, yours only expires next year so everything should be okay!
You should still confirm with other members just to be sure.

alq

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
Just received received the GOLDEN E-MAIL! Called for passport.
But It has written the validity of passport should be 12 months from the submission date and my passport validity is around 11.5 months (Up to 16 June 2019) from today. Will it create problem?
Guys please help if you have any idea on this issue.
Did you double check your PPR email about the passport requirement?
"Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages." I copy this sentence out from my PPR email. I am not sure if different VO has different requirement.....

Karachi1

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
Hi, I send my application in october 2017 for outland. and working on my file case started in January 15 2018. I am sponsor and now on July 3, 2018 my husband receive passport request so that visa can be issued to him. He is PA, my first cousin and he lives in Pakistan.
Guys my question is he hasn't send his passport for visa yet, and our relation has gone south and we might get divorce, if this is the case i am sponsor and permanent resident here and also applied for my canadian passport (haven't receive test date yet) can I withdraw his application. And will my citizenship get affected by that or what are the consequences or what should i do if divorce take place. Please guide regarding citizenship and sponsorship both applications.

Thank you may God help all of us.

jf95

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Hi, I send my application in october 2017 for outland. and working on my file case started in January 15 2018. I am sponsor and now on July 3, 2018 my husband receive passport request so that visa can be issued to him. He is PA, my first cousin and he lives in Pakistan.
Guys my question is he hasn't send his passport for visa yet, and our relation has gone south and we might get divorce, if this is the case i am sponsor and permanent resident here and also applied for my canadian passport (haven't receive test date yet) can I withdraw his application. And will my citizenship get affected by that or what are the consequences or what should i do if divorce take place. Please guide regarding citizenship and sponsorship both applications.

Please contact : 647-549-4417 please

Kishaloy_Paul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
Did you double check your PPR email about the passport requirement?
"Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages." I copy this sentence out from my PPR email. I am not sure if different VO has different requirement.....
Yes I have checked so many times. Bcoz generally I have seen that 6 months are enough as validity for issuing visa. But they have mentioned 12 mmonths, really shocking!
It is written in my PPR letter for PP requirements:
Check the expiry date of all passports. Passports should be valid for at least twelve (12) months.

Also written in another place:
If any of the passport(s) will expire soon, it is in your best interest to obtain new or updated passports to ensure your permanent reaident visas are issued with maximum validity.
:(

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017

Before he lands in Canada, you can withdraw your application as you wish, and I don't think there will be any negative impact on your citizenship application. But if you wait and he landed, then you will be responsible him for 3 years, even you divorced. During that 3 years, anything he draws from social network, you need to payback to the government.

Reactions: posse

Kishaloy_Paul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
Congratulations!!!
About passport, yours only expires next year so everything should be okay!
You should still confirm with other members just to be sure.
Thank you brother!
It is really shocking!!!!
Check the expiry date of all passports.Passports should be valid for at least twelve (12) months.

If any of the passport(s) will expire soon, it is in your best interest to obtain new or updated passports to ensure your permanent reaident visas are issued with maximum validity.

Reactions: AirJordan23

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Thank you brother!
It is really shocking!!!!
Check the expiry date of all passports.Passports should be valid for at least twelve (12) months.

Don't be shocking. Different VOs have different rules. My VO is Mississauga and they were required my passport shall be valid for 12 months as well

Reactions: Kishaloy_Paul

drewssp

Dec 3, 2017
I'm curious how long it has taken for other people to get further updates after receiving the pre-arrival services letter. So far, I got the pre-arrival services letter a week ago but no other changes since January.

Reactions: rikta92