AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
Guys i need help, my Application status shows on MYCIC changed from "We do not need additional documents" to "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided." what that means?! haven't provided any additional documents btw
did you order GCMS notes? it will change to that if you order those notes.

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I will be submitting my application soon & since most of you have travelled through this strenuous journey I just wanted to get suggestion for my question here.

CIC country specific requirements say:
India – Instruction(s) for documents

• Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card.
and then CIC says:

Check the country-specific requirements to see if you need to submit any original documents. If the country specific requirements tell you that you must submit an original document instead of a copy, you must submit the original or we will return your application. See below for more information about country specific requirements.

Her birth certificate was submitted to school during admission & she doesn't have it anymore. However she does have the school results/certificates. So, do I need to submit all the original school records along with original Voter ID card? seems like that's the case but want to be double sure with you all. what did you guys do here? do they return the original school records & voter id card?

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
Guys, I will be submitting my application soon & since most of you have travelled through this strenuous journey I just wanted to get suggestion for my question here.

CIC country specific requirements say:
India – Instruction(s) for documents

• Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card.
and then CIC says:

Check the country-specific requirements to see if you need to submit any original documents. If the country specific requirements tell you that you must submit an original document instead of a copy, you must submit the original or we will return your application. See below for more information about country specific requirements.

Her birth certificate was submitted to school during admission & she doesn't have it anymore. However she does have the school results/certificates. So, do I need to submit all the original school records along with original Voter ID card? seems like that's the case but want to be double sure with you all. what did you guys do here? do they return the original school records & voter id card?
i think your question will be better answered in the India sponsorship thread as some people would have gone through this situation and would know what to do in India: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-delhi-ndvo-2017-spousal-sponsorship-outside-canada.516895/

djmiles

Sep 6, 2017
Decision made and Passport Request came through today!

Was being processed at Mississauaga, and like a lot people, had no contact from them at all since early December when it said I passed my medical. My ECAS went straight from Application Received to Decision made. How odd!

mgr42

Nov 21, 2017
Germany
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
2017-10-11
Doc's Request.
2017-11-22
Nomination.....
2017-11-28
AOR Received.
2017-01-24
File Transfer...
2018-01-24
Med's Request
2017-11-29
Med's Done....
2017-12-11
Passport Req..
2018-02-28
VISA ISSUED...
2018-03-08
LANDED..........
2018-12-20
Also just got the PPR from Vienna - all while ECAS and GCKey still haven't updated to DM... :)

Sajosh12

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
AUG 28
File Transfer...
NOV 23
Also just got the PPR from Vienna - all while ECAS and GCKey still haven't updated to DM... :)
Congratulations!! when did your bgc change to in process

mgr42

Nov 21, 2017
Germany
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
2017-10-11
Doc's Request.
2017-11-22
Nomination.....
2017-11-28
AOR Received.
2017-01-24
File Transfer...
2018-01-24
Med's Request
2017-11-29
Med's Done....
2017-12-11
Passport Req..
2018-02-28
VISA ISSUED...
2018-03-08
LANDED..........
2018-12-20
Reactions: AirJordan23

Totonium

Dec 7, 2016
Yes, it could just be an error... I've seen a few posts today in different threads that all say that their status updates are showing incorrect updates, so it might be the system glitch. Keep checking your email just in case it is a request for documents.

As for my proof, I included a statement of intent in our original application and some evidence of housing research/planning but since we were not very far ahead in our moving plans at that time, I made it clear in my statement that I can supply updates and more evidence if they need it, as we progress further with our moving plans. Sure enough, they requested additional info around the time that my husband's (PA) application started undergoing background check and eligibility, and just after they sent him the Pre-arrival letter. I have already been approved as a sponsor, so part of me wondered if this was just a formality with certain applications.
As for the additional documents for proof of intent, I included an updated statement; a letter of support from my brother and one from my aunt, who both live in Canada; a letter from my husband's employer (Starbucks) stating his knowledge of our plan to move together and his support for helping my husband transfer to a Canadian location since it's an international company; copies of emails between me and my family discussing my moving plans; samples of apartment & job searches and email inquiries/responses from rental properties; copies of flight itinerary from two recent trips to my hometown of Toronto (where we intend to live) to visit family; and a couple other documents showing support of our plans... it sounds like a lot that I included, but it's because I haven't lived in Canada since I moved away with my father, brother, and stepmom when I was a teenager, so since I've never lived in Canada as a legal adult, I didn't have the same kind of proof that some citizens abroad might have, such as owning property or having a bank account or a former job that they plan to return to. Either way, I feel like there's only so much proof you can have when the timing and details of your move to Canada is dependent on when your spouse gets approved...I can't accept a job yet or sign a lease just yet because we don't know our exact move date until he gets confirmation of PR. :confused: This whole process really keeps you in limbo, doesn't it?
Great thanks for your feedback.

I sent in bank accounts, letters from friends, detail moving plans, and that explain that although I have friend and relatives in Canada in GVRD (Vancouver) he planned to move to GTA due to more work opportunities. And therefore we will rent a Airbnb, until we rent and once stable purchase something etc. Plus, big reason to move the country where I am now it is on a blink of a war, and I even sent them news articles from BBC and CNN about it.

I think we are find. I have seen many people with much less prove and never get request for further proof.

I guess all I have to do now it is just wait... It is just this waiting game gets really old.

Hey, thanks for sharing, and wish you a smooth and fast process.

Cheers!

Reactions: karagreer

Kishaloy_Paul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
Hey experts! :)
Looks like SGVO wake up after celebrating their (Chinese) new year & getting some alcohol! :cool:
Some changes happen in my GCKey account. Charges are:
1) View my submitted applications or profiles: In details option "Your action is required" to "Submitted" - Don't know what it means actually! Does anyone know what it means?
2) Review of additional documents: "Required additional documents have been submitted" to "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided." - Means they are reviewing Schedule A, PCC, Medical & Others (If required). However, Federal didn't ask us to submit PCC & Medical of PA. May be now VO will ask for those documents.

Question: Do anyone know when the background check status will be changed from this stage?

Best wishes for all! :)

Reo1

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Decision made and Passport Request came through today!

Was being processed at Mississauaga, and like a lot people, had no contact from them at all since early December when it said I passed my medical. My ECAS went straight from Application Received to Decision made. How odd!
Congratulations! When in October did you send your application in?

djmiles

Sep 6, 2017
Congratulations! When in October did you send your application in?
They received 23/10/2017.

The last correspondence from them was 21/12/2017 when my ecas changed to “You passed your medical”.

They key was mycic thing changing background check to in process. From here it was 2-3 weeks until Decision made.

mgr42

Nov 21, 2017
Germany
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
2017-10-11
Doc's Request.
2017-11-22
Nomination.....
2017-11-28
AOR Received.
2017-01-24
File Transfer...
2018-01-24
Med's Request
2017-11-29
Med's Done....
2017-12-11
Passport Req..
2018-02-28
VISA ISSUED...
2018-03-08
LANDED..........
2018-12-20
Wow, congrats! Was your application processed entirely at Mississauga or did they transfer it to Vienna before PPR?
My application was processed entirely at CPC-M - I got the transfer-letter on January, 24th 2018.