2017-10-31
Doc's Request.
2017-12-27
AOR Received.
2017-12-19
October 31, 2017: Application received in Missisauga
December 18, 2017: AOR1
December 22, 2017: Sponsorship Approval
December 27, 2017 ? ( around this time): Request for Schedule A & PCC.
January 15, 2018: Submitted Schedule A & PCC (Online through GC Key)
February 15, 2018: ECAS changed to IN PROCESS.

*****I have checked my GC key account and have not received a letter or anything since they requested Schedule A & PCC***
Can anybody tell me if this is normal? if ECAS says in process does that really mean they are now reviewing my application??? or will it be when they send me that letter/ AOR2?

gelescr

Dec 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-10-31
Doc's Request.
2017-12-27
AOR Received.
2017-12-19
Note my VISA OFFICE (Havana) requests Medicals towear
What VO are you with ?
My application has said in progress on the applicants side since Jan 20th, transfer email (to the Mexico vo) on the 24th of January.
I’m not truly sure if it means it’s in progress, some people(like us) have theirs go in progress seemingly before the transfer email, and some after.
They should send you an email stating they have transferred your application soon.

Havana. Ok I will keep an eye out, I may get it in the next couple of days.. it just changed to Application Received to In Process today.

Kishaloy_Paul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
Hi :) I’m afraid I’ve deleted the conversation by mistake and couldn’t figure out how to undo it :(:(

AOR2 is an acknowledgment letter which will be sent by Singapore VO, right? I haven’t really received any yet, that’s why I’m wondering why my ECAS has been showing In Process since February 9

Anyway, thanks so much for your response. I guess the next round of waiting has officially started
Hello erique! Sometimes it happens. VO doesn't send AOR2, however they start processing the files. So, don't worry! Good luck for next steps!

erique

Jan 3, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hello erique! Sometimes it happens. VO doesn't send AOR2, however they start processing the files. So, don't worry! Good luck for next steps!
Hi, @Kishaloy_Paul! :) So, you mean the Singapore VO might or might not actually send an AOR 2? Oh well.. I guess the only way I would know when they actually started working on my file is the line on ECAS. I mean, right now, my ECAS only shows 2 lines on it still, which has been that way since they received my file.

Anyway, thanks again for your response and for the well wishes. :):) I wish you all the best in your application, too! :):) Let's hope the VOs will work quicker on our applications after the Chinese New Year holidays :D:D:D

Reactions: Kishaloy_Paul

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
I called immigration yesterday and u were right. they sent the application back to my husband's mailing address because I didn't put our address on the 5406 form. Can u use white out to cross out the error and correct it??? Do they accept corrections with white out
Did you call from outside Canada ?

djmiles

Sep 6, 2017
My background check is now “in progress”. Pretty sure it didn’t say this last week. Haven’t received an email regarding it. Is this AOR2?

Must also add, my application is still saying “Application received” in Ecas

Last edited:
Reactions: canuser

AirJordan23

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
My background check is now “in progress”. Pretty sure it didn’t say this last week. Haven’t received an email regarding it. Is this AOR2?

Must also add, my application is still saying “Application received” in Ecas
Is it "In Progress" or "In Process"? If it's "In Process" then that means they started your background check, good luck!

djmiles

Sep 6, 2017
Is it "In Progress" or "In Process"? If it's "In Process" then that means they started your background check, good luck!
Not sure where I got “In progress” from. It says they are processing my background check. I don’t remember it saying that before.

Getting very very twitchy now as I haven’t heard anything since they said that my file was being processed in Mississauaga in mid December.

Reactions: AirJordan23

AirJordan23

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Not sure where I got “In progress” from. It says they are processing my background check. I don’t remember it saying that before.

Getting very very twitchy now as I haven’t heard anything since they said that my file was being processed in Mississauaga in mid December.
Lucky you, we're all still waiting for them to start our background check. I hope all everything goes well on your end! Please keep us updated.

Reactions: djmiles

OlgaM

Feb 6, 2018
Moldova
Visa Office......
Bucharest
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
Med's Request
08-12-2017
Med's Done....
12-12-2017
Hello,

I'm an October applicant as well. My docs were sent to Bucharest VO and no news from them... Does anybody know anything about Bucharest speed? Is somebody here from the same VO?
Thank you:)

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
Hello,

I'm an October applicant as well. My docs were sent to Bucharest VO and no news from them... Does anybody know anything about Bucharest speed? Is somebody here from the same VO?
Thank you:)
Bucharest,Ankara and Cairo VO are fast VO,i think you won't hear anything until BGC IP and DM all together in a week lol

Reactions: canuser

OlgaM

Feb 6, 2018
Moldova
Visa Office......
Bucharest
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
Med's Request
08-12-2017
Med's Done....
12-12-2017
Bucharest,Ankara and Cairo VO are fast VO,i think you won't hear anything until BGC IP and DM all together in a week lol
Hi,
Thank you for your reply!! I really really hope so!! I know there are cases when applicants don't hear from Bucharest for 6-7 month (the same with one couple that I know),so that is why I'm concerned..I'd like to know what factors determine their speed,is there one line for all applications or it is different from case to case..