+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

alq

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
hi guys,

any of you sent additional documents to VO before? do they update they received the documents on ECAS or Mycic? I mailed additional documents to local vo, and they should have received it on Jan 6, but I don't see any update saying they received it on ECAS and Mycic.

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
Hello everyone!

We received the "pre-arrival services" letter today. Can anyone tell me what this means?

Our background check is also in process as of yesterday.

Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kishaloy_Paul

Onceagain2step

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hello everyone!

We received the "pre-arrival services" letter today. Can anyone tell me what this means?

Thank you so much!
where is your Local VO? i think you are eligibility to sponsor because your relationship is genuine.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Hello everyone!

Thank you so much!
I might be compleeeeeeetly wrong here but i thought pre arrival emails go out when the process is almost over..as in in the final stages!

That would be one quick processing time!

Last edited:
Reactions: canuser

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
I might be compleeeeeeetly wrong here but i thought pre arrival emails go out when the process is almost over..as in in the final stages!

That would be one quick processing time!
@WeegieInOttawa - this is what I thought as well! Ive been checking the forums and it looks like after the “background check in process” designation the DM comes next?

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
@WeegieInOttawa - this is what I thought as well! Ive been checking the forums and it looks like after the “background check in process” designation the DM comes next?
Yes...a lot of people see the background check go to in progress then literally a few days later they get DM. Its as if they (the VO peeps) maybe just dont actually update the BGC section when they should and then they just do it later.

Pre-arrival is for sure what people get before DM.

Have you checked ECAS?

Reactions: canuser

kmood

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
what is the grace period for applications that are old. I just saw that the application "checklist form" that i submitted got updated in October 2017 and I submitted my application in November. I know for a fact the rest of the documents are all up to date its just the checklist I found out was updated a few days before I submitted meaning I submitted in the first week of November. please let me know if any one has any feedback thanks!

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
Yes...a lot of people see the background check go to in progress then literally a few days later they get DM. Its as if they (the VO peeps) maybe just dont actually update the BGC section when they should and then they just do it later.

Pre-arrival is for sure what people get before DM.

Have you checked ECAS?
Hi @WeegieInOttawa thanks for your thoughts :)

No DM yet in ECAS but — like you mentioned the “quiet period” after the AOR2 is where all that back ground checking happens - and “in process” with a quick DM turn around indicates that they dont really update often :)

How is your application going?

I’m hoping for some good news for myself and for everyone else on our October App thread. I will certainly keep everyone posted!

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
what is the grace period for applications that are old. I just saw that the application "checklist form" that i submitted got updated in October 2017 and I submitted my application in November. I know for a fact the rest of the documents are all up to date its just the checklist I found out was updated a few days before I submitted meaning I submitted in the first week of November. please let me know if any one has any feedback thanks!
There were one or two other forms updated at the same time.

I know because the forms update happened the very day I posted my application.

Reactions: kmood

likaagb

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
"We started processing your application on January 8, 2018" What does this phrase mean? Others said that this is AOR2. I just want to know. Thanks. :)

asmarino

Dec 22, 2017
I wasn’t aware of the update till I read your post. I also submitted my application in November with the old checklist (the June 2017) I checked to see for any changes in the new form and they’re identical with the June 2017 one. The only difference is the date at the bottom of the forms. There shouldn’t be any issues as long as all required documents are submitted. Fingers crossed .

Kishaloy_Paul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
You should inform them if there is a mistake, either do case specific inquiry in IRCC website or through ecas. I’m the sponsor and moved this month so I had to update the address, i just logged into ecas, and at the top where my name and address were I clicked Update this address or something similar. It was updated within 4-5 business days.

They will send the COPR to the PA, so maybe nothing to worry about for now if you included an email address to be contacted through but later on could be an issue. So for sure solve this sooner than later I’d say.
Thank you for your useful response!

Sponsor (Also unpaid representative) had submit the IRCC form for making the correction. Actually I (PA) am living in Bangladesh and in ECAS they have made the mistake (Didn't put street name & no.) in my mailing address. Hope they will make the correction at soonest possible time.

So, to whom VO will send the hard copy of medical request? Did they send the hard copy of medical request in your case? I heard that VO will send the hard copy of medical request to the PA's mailing address, is it right? Please share your experience.

Kishaloy_Paul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
"We started processing your application on January 8, 2018" What does this phrase mean? Others said that this is AOR2. I just want to know. Thanks. :)
Who sent this letter to you? If the letter you have received from visa office then it is AOR2. If the letter you have received from case processing center then it is AOR1.

Hope everything will go smoothly! :)