+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
Hi guys! was wondering where's the Facebook Group page of 2017 Canada Spousal sponsorship Support? Can't find it

Last edited:

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi guys! was wondering where's the Facebook Group page of 2017 Canada Spousal sponsorship Outland Support? Can't find it
If you're talking about the Canada Spousal Sponsorship petitioners, it's gone. Facebook got rid of it, and we can't figure out why. The only active group that I know of (I'm an admin in it) is the Applying for PR one here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/306350269425282/?ref=bookmarks

I've chatted with some of the admins of the other group and still haven't gotten to the bottom of where it went.

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017

akayalto1

Star Member
Sep 26, 2016
Does anybody have any experience with forieng police checks and if they need to be officially translated? My wife got her father to obtain one in Italy, but getting it translated there takes a really long time...we could get it done here in Canada much faster. Do we need the original or is a scanned copy of the original enough for the translation and then the submission. Can we upload it to the account?

drewssp

Dec 3, 2017
Some of you may know that I'm working through police checks now and struggled a bit with getting a Korean one. The good news is that I finally got that figured out so thank you to everybody who helped me.

Now the concern is that I'm not confident that this is all they need. I'm sponsoring my wife, who is Chinese. When submitting the original application, I submitted her Chinese police check with the Schedule A, thinking that they wouldn't need one from any other country. Of course, I was wrong, which is why I got the Korean one. The request looked like this, which everybody has probably seen before:

At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:

1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; and

2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.

One for each country in which you have resided for 6 months or more (originals)
Upon submitting the Korean police check I noticed some extra detail that I hadn't noticed before, which was sitting in the "Documents Submitted by the Client" page in my online account. Where there is a button for "upload file" there is a "Details" section and underneath that it says "replacement needed" and in the "Document Name" section it says "Police Certificates (Multiple) (required)". (see here: https://imgur.com/a/qTehj)

This raises a very important question: Do I need to replace the police check that I sent them with my application?

I once asked Canada immigration for more details but they only answered in the most general terms possible without answering my question. If anybody knows the proper channel to ask IRCC then I would love to know that too. I cannot call them from outside of Canada.

Kishaloy_Paul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
Need Help:

Attention: Guys, our ECAS (On-Line Services for getting the Application Status) account shows my (PA) incomplete current mailing address. It is not showing "Street name & no.". Without street name & no. nothing will come in this address if visa office (VO) will send any document using this mailing address.
For your kind information: We filled up the representative form & representative is living in Canada and I (PA) live in outside Canada. We have used our e-mail addresses for correspondence.

Questions:
1) Will VO use PA's mailing address for sending any document? 2) Should we inform VO for correction? If so, then how we need to inform VO?

Please help. It is a stressful situation. Don't know why CIC/ VO made this mistake!

m.2055

Dec 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
How many of you late october applicants who still haven't recieved their sponsor approval letters yet?

Kishaloy_Paul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
When did you apply?
Strange! What says your GCKey account? I have applied on 24th October. They have sent it to VO Singapore.

By the way, our ECAS account shows my (PA) incomplete current mailing address. It is not showing "Street name & no.". Without street name & no. nothing will come in this address if visa office (VO) will send any document using this mailing address. Do you have any idea on 1) Will VO use PA's mailing address for sending any document? 2) Should we inform VO for correction? If so, then how we need to inform VO?

canadian2002

Star Member
Nov 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
File Transfer...
04-12-2017
Med's Request
27-11-2017
Med's Done....
29-11-2017
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2018
LANDED..........
20-06-2018
Some of you may know that I'm working through police checks now and struggled a bit with getting a Korean one. The good news is that I finally got that figured out so thank you to everybody who helped me.

Now the concern is that I'm not confident that this is all they need. I'm sponsoring my wife, who is Chinese. When submitting the original application, I submitted her Chinese police check with the Schedule A, thinking that they wouldn't need one from any other country. Of course, I was wrong, which is why I got the Korean one. The request looked like this, which everybody has probably seen before:

At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:

1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; and

2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.

One for each country in which you have resided for 6 months or more (originals)
Upon submitting the Korean police check I noticed some extra detail that I hadn't noticed before, which was sitting in the "Documents Submitted by the Client" page in my online account. Where there is a button for "upload file" there is a "Details" section and underneath that it says "replacement needed" and in the "Document Name" section it says "Police Certificates (Multiple) (required)". (see here: https://imgur.com/a/qTehj)

This raises a very important question: Do I need to replace the police check that I sent them with my application?

I once asked Canada immigration for more details but they only answered in the most general terms possible without answering my question. If anybody knows the proper channel to ask IRCC then I would love to know that too. I cannot call them from outside of Canada.
I just checked mine to see what it looks like with submitted, and it says replacement provided. Maybe you should scan all police certificates into one pdf file (you can only upload 1 file) to be safe? If you ask them via web form they take forever to answer so if I was in your place I would just send both through gc key together to be proactive. You already have the other one so nothing to lose right.

canadian2002

Star Member
Nov 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
File Transfer...
04-12-2017
Med's Request
27-11-2017
Med's Done....
29-11-2017
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2018
LANDED..........
20-06-2018
Need Help:

Attention: Guys, our ECAS (On-Line Services for getting the Application Status) account shows my (PA) incomplete current mailing address. It is not showing "Street name & no.". Without street name & no. nothing will come in this address if visa office (VO) will send any document using this mailing address.
For your kind information: We filled up the representative form & representative is living in Canada and I (PA) live in outside Canada. We have used our e-mail addresses for correspondence.

Questions:
1) Will VO use PA's mailing address for sending any document? 2) Should we inform VO for correction? If so, then how we need to inform VO?

Please help. It is a stressful situation. Don't know why CIC/ VO made this mistake!
You should inform them if there is a mistake, either do case specific inquiry in IRCC website or through ecas. I’m the sponsor and moved this month so I had to update the address, i just logged into ecas, and at the top where my name and address were I clicked Update this address or something similar. It was updated within 4-5 business days.

They will send the COPR to the PA, so maybe nothing to worry about for now if you included an email address to be contacted through but later on could be an issue. So for sure solve this sooner than later I’d say.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
How many of you late october applicants who still haven't recieved their sponsor approval letters yet?
Have you checked sponsors ECAS?