+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

likaagb

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
I already called cic a while ago and they said that even if it’s not written on the form we still have to put the full address including the country.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
We need to know if we're the only applicant who didn't put the "country" in address info. If other applicants here didn't put country in the address info too and they received AOR then we shouldn't worry about it anymore.
I am not 100% what I put or didn't put country and postcode wise and although it is taking all the willpower in the world to do..I'm determined not to look at the copy I took of my sent app.

I want to avoid double checking what I've put when I see posts and threads on here about forms. I checked it a million times as did my partner and if something was missed or incorrect then there's nothing I can do. Knowing about it will just make me worry more.

Doesn't mean I am not s****ing myself every time I check the mailbox though! o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: Javs

apple.j

Star Member
May 25, 2017
can someone who already have their aor confirm if they have country and or postal code on their form 5406?

Alex54321

Jul 28, 2017
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
I am not 100% what I put or didn't put country and postcode wise and although it is taking all the willpower in the world to do..I'm determined not to look at the copy I took of my sent app.

I want to avoid double checking what I've put when I see posts and threads on here about forms. I checked it a million times as did my partner and if something was missed or incorrect then there's nothing I can do. Knowing about it will just make me worry more.

Doesn't mean I am not s****ing myself every time I check the mailbox though! o_O
I did check my copy of form 5406 and yes, I just put there not complete "Present address" - just address with State, without ZIP code and country (USA). So, on positive note, if they return my application I'll use this as opportunity to add extra things I think needs to be added for my case, like for example, an additional proof of intend to return to Canada.

BlueRodeoFan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
It's very sad that they do such a things with sponsors who are Canadian Citizens or PR and paid money for the service.
By the way the form 5406 and Complete Guide (5289) do not specify that you have to put the postal code - just "Present address".

Very bad service.
My application was returned because I didn't put my information under spouse field on 5406. That was the reason it was returned. The country wasn't put on their, other than my husband's and his parents place of birth (Chennai, India), but not in the address (they still live there). No mention of not having the country in the address was stated as part of the reason for the return, just the missing spouse information. I wonder if this is something new to try to slow down applications to give more time so they can make the 12 month deadline? I would be really unhappy if my application is returned again for a problem with the same form that could have been fixed earlier.

Javs

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
8-12-2017
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
File Transfer...
23-03-2018
Med's Request
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
12-03-2018
My application was returned because I didn't put my information under spouse field on 5406. That was the reason it was returned. The country wasn't put on their, other than my husband's and his parents place of birth (Chennai, India), but not in the address (they still live there). No mention of not having the country in the address was stated as part of the reason for the return, just the missing spouse information. I wonder if this is something new to try to slow down applications to give more time so they can make the 12 month deadline? I would be really unhappy if my application is returned again for a problem with the same form that could have been fixed earlier.
That's exactly what I thought: that they're trying to slow down the process by sending half the files back which would give them more time to work on other files and send out PRs within a year. Because once you reapply it sends your file's processing time back to day 1.

Jamgurl1990

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
So the principal applicant, sponsor (spouse) and children (if any) should complete a IMM 5406 for? I my case I am the principal applicant and I am the only one who filled out the form, but I did put in the country in the address section. Sigh

BlueRodeoFan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
So the principal applicant, sponsor (spouse) and children (if any) should complete a IMM 5406 for? I my case I am the principal applicant and I am the only one who filled out the form, but I did put in the country in the address section. Sigh
That form (5406) is for the principal applicant. My husband (PA) and I (sponsor) filled in the forms together when I was in India after our wedding in July. I basically did the typing and he told me what information to put in for the forms that the PA had to fill in. I'm hoping that because we have the country in the birth place field and the city is the same in both places that will be ok. To be honest I don't think I put the country in any place an address was asked for unless it specifically asked for it and as I said the only issue with my application was the spouse field in 5406.

Reactions: Nad1017

likaagb

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
If that is the case, I will be receiving my application back. I put postal code / country for my address but not postal code/ country for my husbands/ his fathers. Tbh where he is from there are no postal codes .. addresses are more along the lines of “the red house half a block north from Guadalupe church” and every piece of mail has a different address on it. But I guess all we can do is wait and see, good luck to us all! If any of the concerned members who didn’t include postal code/ country in form 5406 receive AOR please let us know! :)
Hi. what country are you from and when did the CIC received your application? Thank you

likaagb

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
I did check my copy of form 5406 and yes, I just put there not complete "Present address" - just address with State, without ZIP code and country (USA). So, on positive note, if they return my application I'll use this as opportunity to add extra things I think needs to be added for my case, like for example, an additional proof of intend to return to Canada.
When did they received your application? Let me know if you receive AOR even you didn’t the postal code and country.

Christine M

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
when did you sent the application?
Here's my timeline:

Application received: October 4, 2017
AOR: November 16, 2017
Application linked: November 17, 2017
PCC and Sched A req: November 17, 2017
Medical req: November 20, 2017
SA: November 20, 2017