+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Nov 16, 2017
Hi. New member here. I am Canadian and my wife is from Vietnam. We applied on March 6, 2017 with an immigration lawyer. She had her medical examination on October 24, 2017. On November 8, 2017 she got a phone call from Singapore Visa Officer and he did an interview with her on the phone (my wife can speak English). Before the interviewer hang up, he told her that they'll check her background (criminal report, we actually got the report in January of 2017 and gave it to our lawyer, which we believe she submitted with all the other papers). He said if there are no issues with the background check, my wife should expect an email telling her to apply for a visa. A few days later, instead of an email to apply for a visa, we got a PDF (IMM5081E) to apply for services for my wife to prepare to come to Canada. Because of the place my wife works at, she is required to give 45 days notice. So we asked our lawyer if my wife should quit her job now even though we did not receive the email to apply for a visa because it looks like my wife passed her interview. Why would the interviewer tell her that they will check her background is she had failed the interview. Also why would we get the IMM5081E (this is a new document as stated by our lawyer and when I googled for this form, only one other person received to form in another forum site) to apply for services to prepare to come to Canada if she'd failed her interview. Did anyone received this document and can we safely assume she has passed the interview and she can quit her job? Sorry for the long post as I am trying to give as much info as possible. TIA

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
would i have a uci also if i applied for citizenship some years back?

tholudee

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
Hi I've received my AOR today, application received on October 4. I'm having problem linking our application online. I've done everything and still no application found!! Arrgggh I've already tried five times today and I can try again tomorrow.
congrats , first time right?

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
Hi I've received my AOR today, application received on October 4. I'm having problem linking our application online. I've done everything and still no application found!! Arrgggh I've already tried five times today and I can try again tomorrow.
ive seen people have trouble bcz of the question it asks about how many in the application. you have to include yourself as the sponsor so if its sponsor and principal applicant then its 2 person.

sporkdotca

Mar 26, 2017
Also had the same problem during the weekend, i had a mismatch with the Place of birth for the PA and as @posse said the number of people in the application should include the sponsor.

Christine M

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
ive seen people have trouble bcz of the question it asks about how many in the application. you have to include yourself as the sponsor so if its sponsor and principal applicant then its 2 person.
Yes I'll try that tomorrow, thank you so much!

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Hi Friends,

I am new to the process of sponsoring. I am going to get married soon. Could someone let me know which process is much faster In Canada or outland. I am living in Canada and my fiance is in India right now. would really appreciate if someone can re-direct me to some link with this information and what all needs to collected for applying.

Thank you very much in advance. All the best for the your applications.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Hi Friends,

I am new to the process of sponsoring. I am going to get married soon. Could someone let me know which process is much faster In Canada or outland. I am living in Canada and my fiance is in India right now. would really appreciate if someone can re-direct me to some link with this information and what all needs to collected for applying.

Thank you very much in advance. All the best for the your applications.
If you're partner will be in India you have to go Outland. To go Inland you have to both be in Canada and living together.

Christine M

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Also had the same problem during the weekend, i had a mismatch with the Place of birth for the PA and as @posse said the number of people in the application should include the sponsor.
I'll try that tomorrow. Thank you!
OMG, so the cic is moving! Congrats should wait for my turn
yes they are! So glad I'm just gonna try to link our application tomorrow. You're also sponsoring your hubby? Or you're the PA?

Hsingh85

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hello cic asked for additional documents they also received docs and my medical done on last month.but I haven't got any email or update.bit nervous.