+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2017 Citizenship Applications

Glen04

Oct 15, 2017
Sorry to hear that. It can be quite frustrating dealing with RQ.

You can request your USA travel records under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). You will need to create an account and follow the instructions. I believe FOIA only provides entry records.

(copied from the thread linked below. Credit @steve)
1- go to this link: https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate
2- create an account or continue as a guest ( I recommend the creation of an account)
3- select the agency: CBP FOIA division
4- fill in all your personal information.
5- type of record requested it will be: Entry/ exit
6- in the description put the details of your request.
7- click preview and submit.

https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate

To get exit records, you can retrieve them from CBSA:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

More information on FOIA can be found on the following thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/foia-request.467646

Thanks so much for your help. Really appreciate this.

I just got an email back from the embassy of the Philippines in Ottawa. This is in connection with my entry/exit record in the Philippines. The process to get these records I need requires me to do the actual application/request in the Philippines. IRCC gave me only 60 days to submit everything. Might have to write them a letter to explain the situation and ask them for an extension.

Thanks again!

sana123

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Can you kindly update my Application status
Username: Sana123
AOR: January 05, 2018

Agupta1983

May 2, 2017
Dear Members,

I had applied for my citizenship on Oct 18, 2017 , which was delivered to Sydney office on Oct 23, 2017. Haven't received any email confirmation from CIC. Called customer care last week and they asked me to wait till Jan end - as they currently have no record of my application in their system.

Is there anyone else who is in similar position? What are my options if I don't get a confirmation email by Jan end?

Do we have an online tracker that I can be added too.

Thanks you in advance for your help.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Dear Members,

I had applied for my citizenship on Oct 18, 2017 , which was delivered to Sydney office on Oct 23, 2017. Haven't received any email confirmation from CIC. Called customer care last week and they asked me to wait till Jan end - as they currently have no record of my application in their system.

Is there anyone else who is in similar position? What are my options if I don't get a confirmation email by Jan end?

i have added you the tracker. There are roughly 9% of the applicants waiting for AOR. few Oct applicants are still getting AORs. Good luck!
Can you provide your location? physical presence in days and if the application was single or family? - for the tracker

phlove

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Winnipeg MB CA
Visa Office......
canada
App. Filed.......
18/Oct/2017
Dear Members,

i m on same boat .. cic received my application on oct 20th but still no AoR yet

Agupta1983

May 2, 2017
i m on same boat .. cic received my application on oct 20th but still no AoR yet
i have added you the tracker. There are roughly 9% of the applicants waiting for AOR. few Oct applicants are still getting AORs. Good luck!
Can you provide your location? physical presence in days and if the application was single or family? - for the tracker

Thank you for adding me to the tracker. I got my confirmation today.

Im Toronto based. 1133 days in canada. Single applicant.

Last edited:

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I received a response to my ATIP request today. A lengthy document, but mostly repetitive. For me, I was mostly interested in whether they have received my FP results from the RCMP and when it was received.

One of the interesting things in the report was that the various stages of eligibility assessments the application goes through have due dates. Almost all of them have October 27, 2018 as the due date. These are assessments for criminality, language, prohibitions, residence, knowledge, and security clearance. Most of them, for me, show as "Not Started", with criminality as being "In Progress". The primary office for my application is Scarborough, secondary is St. Clair.

The criminality check prompted the FP request, for which they received the report from RCMP on December 15th. The due date on this is actually February 4th, so it'll be interesting to see if anything changes after that date.

As it's clear this is a computer-generated and likely an automated process, I'm going to file another request. The strange thing is that this ATIP request was made on December 20th, the "report generation" date was December 21st, but I only received it today, meeting their 30-day requirement. Strange in that if it was generated a month ago, electronically, why wouldn't it have been sent to me sooner? Who knows.

Reactions: razerblade

mdd2011

Dec 10, 2011
Hi- kindly update my application status

Username: mdd2011
AOR: Nov 26, 2017
In process: Dec 1, 2017
Test Invite: Jan 15, 2018
Test interview date: Feb 5, 2018

Agrin

Feb 27, 2014
Visa Office......