+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

october 2017 citizenship applicants

oatmeal123

Jan 21, 2018
Looks like GTA applications are processed slow af. The problem i have is that I got no pages left in my current passport and I am travelling to Europe in May. I was hoping that I didnt have to renew my passport but nope its taking too long for processing.
whattt??? are all the GTA applications processed in Scarborough??

oatmeal123

Jan 21, 2018
Thanks! The test was easy - finished it in 5-7 minutes and spend 5 more double checking my answers. Got 20/20. I read the book twice and practiced primarily on v-soul website. 10 days was more than enough to get ready for the test.
Thank you!!

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
I got a mail(by post) for test invite today from Vancouver office - test date March 28, 8:15 am. Thanks everyone!

alpalp

Jun 19, 2017
Could admins, please, update my application data in the spreadsheet:
Test invitation: February 15th(regular mail)
Test passed: March 1st (Mississauga office)

Thank you!
Another status update: "Decision Made" on the next day - March 2nd. I will appreciate if admins can update the spreadsheet. Thanks!

Last edited:

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Should I be worried? My test invite email never came through - i had checked all the folders (that includes spam/trash/promotions etc) already. CIC call centre confirmed they sent it by email not by post :(
I was under the impression that they don't email the test invite, they mail it and update it online. At least that's what they're saying in the Winnipeg citizenship application thread.

alpalp

Jun 19, 2017
I was under the impression that they don't email the test invite, they mail it and update it online. At least that's what they're saying in the Winnipeg citizenship application thread.
Btw, when I saw the status change with test invitation, I called IRCC to ask about my address on their file(I had an issue with incorrect mailing address that was taken from my PR application from 6 years ago). The agent checked my file and told me to write down test center address in case I don't receive regular mail. He sent me an email with a list of required documents for an interview and told me that I can go directly to the test center if I don't receive a letter(I had less than 2 weeks between status update and test date).

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Btw, when I saw the status change with test invitation, I called IRCC to ask about my address on their file(I had an issue with incorrect mailing address that was taken from my PR application from 6 years ago). The agent checked my file and told me to write down test center address in case I don't receive regular mail. He sent me an email with a list of required documents for an interview and told me that I can go directly to the test center if I don't receive a letter(I had less than 2 weeks between status update and test date).
Oh wow, that's a very short waiting period between the status update and the test. I'd better check my status every day in case there's an issue with my address or with the mail. Thanks for the information!!

alpalp

Jun 19, 2017
Oh wow, that's a very short waiting period between the status update and the test. I'd better check my status every day in case there's an issue with my address or with the mail. Thanks for the information!!
That's a good idea - I was checking application status once a day, because I knew it will take at least 5 days to get a letter(took 6 or 7 days due to family day). I heard in the test center hall that someone received an invitation letter 3 days before the test. But every office is different - it seems Mississauga office prefers short(ish) notices.

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
That's a good idea - I was checking application status once a day, because I knew it will take at least 5 days to get a letter(took 6 or 7 days due to family day). I heard in the test center hall that someone received an invitation letter 3 days before the test. But every office is different - it seems Mississauga office prefers short(ish) notices.
3 days? I'd better start studying right away in addition to checking online. Thanks for all the information! :)

alpalp

Jun 19, 2017
3 days? I'd better start studying right away in addition to checking online. Thanks for all the information! :)
I'm pretty sure his online status was updated a week or two before, but I guess he just didn't check it.

Personally, I read the book for the first time in December(within a month after getting "In process" status update) and was doing online tests sporadically. So when I got a test invite I already memorized 80% of dates/names/events/etc from the book. After receiving test invitation I spent a week or so just getting ready for the test(re-read the book again and did online tests over and over until I was getting 98-100 correct answers out of 100 questions).

Application received - Oct 16th
AOR - Nov 20th
In Processing - Dec 12

It's been almost 2 months but i haven't recieved test date yet. Is this normal? Looks like people are getting test date within a month of processing.
My file went "in process" on November 24th, I have not received a test date or any other communication and I am totally fine as I was aware that it may take up to 12 months for the whole process. Give yourself some peace of mind by not stressing about who is getting what and when they are getting it. As long as you are within the 12 month target.

Reactions: N_Shine