october 2017 citizenship applicants

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
It seems IRCC just realized that the physical presence calculator is a nightmare and that many applicants with multiple trips overseas will likely fill it in wrong. IRCC just created something called "The Travel Journal"

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/record-trips-outside-canada.html
Funny just saw it last night. I don't think it's about the Calculator. It's more about helping peeps keep track of their record. I personally have it on a Text document and update it every once in a while. There should be an extra column for addresses too. I have it on mine.

v_volf

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
Got my info in ecas now. Had to update mailing address, as they put only the name of the city.

Rust

Dec 24, 2013
Can someone fill my information into the spreadsheet (below)? I am still not there... @razerblade
Thanks

Hi there,

Could you please include the new entry into the spreadsheet?
Much appreciated.

Citizenship Application
ID: Rust
City: Toronto
Application Type: Family (3)
Physical Presence Days: 1,418
App. Sent: Oct 20, 2017
App. Delivered Oct 25, 2017
AOR: Dec 12, 2017

I

Imam Gomaa

Dear All,
Sorry, I am posting this again. I posted it 11 days ago and since then I am checking my email every second and calling CIC call centre every day and submitted case inquiry twice. I did everything you can imagine. I sent my first application on Oct. 16th and it was received Oct. 19th, but it had the old form. I called CIC agents; one said no problem while the other confirmed to send another one with the new form ASAP. I did and sent it on Oct. 20th and was received on Oct. 23rd. The thing is that: some applicants their applications were received Oct. 26 or 27 and the got their AOR on Nov. 30. I called CIC to clarify, they told me different answers; like that, they are working on files received on Oct. 19th, so wait some more weeks. While another tells me that those applicants were lucky. How it comes; one (like most of them) tells and confirms that they are working on applications received on Oct. 19th till now, while another one makes it as a hit of luck for those applicants whose applications were received on Oct. 26th and got their AORs on Nov. 30th.
CIC agent gave me two options: either to wait until mid-January or resubmit a third application. But I see that they moved forward and sending AORs to November applicants. I like to gain some more time as I have to go back to my country urgently.
Any advice?
Thanks

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Dear All,
Sorry, I am posting this again. I posted it 11 days ago and since then I am checking my email every second and calling CIC call centre every day and submitted case inquiry twice. I did everything you can imagine. I sent my first application on Oct. 16th and it was received Oct. 19th, but it had the old form. I called CIC agents; one said no problem while the other confirmed to send another one with the new form ASAP. I did and sent it on Oct. 20th and was received on Oct. 23rd. The thing is that: some applicants their applications were received Oct. 26 or 27 and the got their AOR on Nov. 30. I called CIC to clarify, they told me different answers; like that, they are working on files received on Oct. 19th, so wait some more weeks. While another tells me that those applicants were lucky. How it comes; one (like most of them) tells and confirms that they are working on applications received on Oct. 19th till now, while another one makes it as a hit of luck for those applicants whose applications were received on Oct. 26th and got their AORs on Nov. 30th.
CIC agent gave me two options: either to wait until mid-January or resubmit a third application. But I see that they moved forward and sending AORs to November applicants. I like to gain some more time as I have to go back to my country urgently.
Any advice?
Thanks
You already sent 2 applications package. Now all you can do is wait. Its not like Oct applicant are not receiving AOR. I myself received it 2 days ago. So have some patience. You will receive it soon.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,
Any advice?
Thanks
Stop being so stupid. There is no reason to submit the 3rd application. You'll be annoying IRCC and reading this garnish is definitely annoying me. Everyone needs to stop acting crazy. Sit back and wait - like everyone else, you'll get your AOR soon enough.

Reactions: v_volf
I

Imam Gomaa

Stop being so stupid. There is no reason to submit the 3rd application. You'll be annoying IRCC and reading this garnish is definitely annoying me. Everyone needs to stop acting crazy. Sit back and wait - like everyone else, you'll get your AOR soon enough.
First, your word 'stupid' is not good here.
Secondly, I have to go back to defend my Ph.D. within a month. I did not go back for 7 years.
Thirdly, this is one of the options the CIC agent gave me.
That is what drives me panic.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCC clearly states the average processing time of the application is 12 months. It's ludicrous that anyone who applied in October has put in more than 1 application. It's exhausting to read about and it's delaying the process for others. A quick look at these forms and it's obvious that lots of people who applied in Oct are still receiving AOR's daily.

Reactions: lpc19800
I

Imam Gomaa

IRCC clearly states the average processing time of the application is 12 months. It's ludicrous that anyone who applied in October has put in more than 1 application. It's exhausting to read about and it's delaying the process for others. A quick look at these forms and it's obvious that lots of people who applied in Oct are still receiving AOR's daily.
I did not like the second one, but it was the advice of the CIC agent, who afterwards, appeared to be wrong

godfather86

Sep 17, 2010
GTA
Also, for two days no one of October received AOR.
I know how you feel but It will come soon, when you least expect it. Submitting numerous applications will just delay your process and cause unnecessary backlog. Patience is a virtue!

I received my AOR today - thank god - but I also feel for others who are still waiting. specially from early October.

Good Luck to all!

Reactions: rrlmushu

samiam

Dec 14, 2017
Here is my citizenship application info so far. Single, Toronto.

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 23, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 8, 2017.

rrlmushu

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2013
Doc's Request.
25-09-2014
Nomination.....
23-11-2013
AOR Received.
04-02-2014
IELTS Request
27-12-2013
File Transfer...
30-06-2014 to Ottawa CPC
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
08-03-2014
Interview........
Non required
First, your word 'stupid' is not good here.
Secondly, I have to go back to defend my Ph.D. within a month. I did not go back for 7 years.
Thirdly, this is one of the options the CIC agent gave me.
That is what drives me panic.
Man... like really...? Not even 3 months and you already sent 2 applications, thinking of sending a 3rd one...?

This guy is right... is annoying... you know something? Sent 2 applications daily until you get an answer, obviously you are gonna senf them anyways... so yeah go ahead!!! Send 3,4, qp daily until you get an answer... dont mind anyone else that you are screwing over sending requests and apps, and taking time away from the agents... probably you are not the only one acting like a crazy old lady freaking out...

Annoying