+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

october 2017 citizenship applicants

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
my application was in progress 2 weeks ago and today i see this in ecas: do you know what is this about ? is that for test letter or any other doc :
We sent you correspondence on December 13, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Its hard to tell. Wait till you receive it.

alpalp

Jun 19, 2017
my application was in progress 2 weeks ago and today i see this in ecas: do you know what is this about ? is that for test letter or any other doc :
As far as I remember from other threads, notification about test invitation looks different.

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
We sent you correspondence on December 13, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
It is not a test invite. Its a request for additional documents as required or finger prints.

Test invite message looks like this:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on XXXX, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on XXX, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on XXXX , 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on XXXX, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on XXXX, 2017 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Copy pasted from orginal ECAS status.

Reactions: technic

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
why some of people get fp request ? some not ? what s being asked for
It is usually to differentiate your file from another person who has a criminal / police record who has same names as yours.

alexcartio

Jun 25, 2017
It is usually to differentiate your file from another person who has a criminal / police record who has same names as yours.
do you happen to know if the summary criminal charges have any impact on the process , because in the appication clearly asks for indictable charges not summary

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
That might be why there is a hit on their database, I think if anyone with your name has been charged they ask for FP, could also be random selection to ensure better process. Did they request FP when you did you PR ?

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
impaired drving , with 6 month driving license suspention
Ok. That might explain why the FP request. From my understanding, DUI is a hybrid offence in Canada, which mean it can be either tried as indictable or Summary, so it depends on what the Crown Attorney chooses. I would say you should ask your lawyer, assuming u had one, what the disposition on the case was.

alexcartio

Jun 25, 2017
Ok. That might explain why the FP request. From my understanding, DUI is a hybrid offence in Canada, which mean it can be either tried as indictable or Summary, so it depends on what the Crown Attorney chooses. I would say you should ask your lawyer, assuming u had one, what the disposition on the case was.
it was summerly charged not indictable , does it impact the process?

alexcartio

Jun 25, 2017
That might be why there is a hit on their database, I think if anyone with your name has been charged they ask for FP, could also be random selection to ensure better process. Did they request FP when you did you PR ?
no they didnt ask for FP when i asked the PR , i have say that we just guess that the letter they sent is for FP could be something else , they changed it yesterdy not sure when i get that