+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

october 2017 citizenship applicants

tom94063

May 1, 2013
Hi, actually my mom was at Scarborough yesterday as well. When my mom checked status, it says Decision Made too! Did they tell you when to expect Oath invitation?
Initially the officer said 2-3 months but after she knows that I applied since Oct she said she would put in as an urgent request. I asked her specially when but she did not answer. What did they tell your mom?

psingh23

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Initially the officer said 2-3 months but after she knows that I applied since Oct she said she would put in as an urgent request. I asked her specially when but she did not answer. What did they tell your mom?
hmm, yes same. They also said 2 - 3 months but my mom applied on Oct 19, 2017 so I think it should be before Oct 19, 2018 as they need to complete within 12 months, lets see..

robw

Mar 10, 2014
Anyone still waiting for the test from Scarborough? I applied Oct 12th 2017, still no test...
Me too. I've done everything I could. Call Centre, MP, webform, lettermail. We just have to wait. The latest thing I've heard is that IRCC is outsourcing criminal background checks to some US-based company and that's where the snag is. I was under the impression it was done by the RCMP, but it's not...at least not right now.

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
Me too. I've done everything I could. Call Centre, MP, webform, lettermail. We just have to wait. The latest thing I've heard is that IRCC is outsourcing criminal background checks to some US-based company and that's where the snag is. I was under the impression it was done by the RCMP, but it's not...at least not right now.
RCMP does the criminality check first. Then prohibition check goes to CSIS. Someone on the forum said CSIS outsources it to a private company which is really weird.

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
I actually got my oath ceremony schedule for 11 Oct in ECAS on Sep 21. However, I have not received any email/mail. I guess I wait a few days.

Can someone update tracker. I applied in Oct 2017 and when I gave test, they informed me that citizenship would be given within 12 months. (hs202)

tom94063

May 1, 2013
Hi
I had my test on Sep 20 at Scarborough and I checked eCAS today and surprisingly see my oath schedule on Oct 10 1:05pm but have not received an email so far. So I called CIC and they told me that the location is Chinese cultural centre in Scarborough. And they said the invite was sent in postal mail Sep 24 !!!, which is weird because I have been receiving all the letters in an email in the past. An agent I spoke with has no idea why they switched to postal mail...Btw she said the invite is not necessary , just bring the following document. Anyone had the test on the same day as mine , you can check your eCAS and share pls.

So could anyone update the tracker, pls?
Thanks

When you attend the citizenship ceremony, here is the list of documents to bring with you:

• (If available) The Notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship letter,
  • Two original pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it (e.g. driver’s license, health card, passport, etc.),
  • All your original documents that support your citizenship application (e.g., Immigration Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688), birth certificate, etc.),
  • Your Permanent Resident card, if you have one,
  • All passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired), and
  • (Optional) A holy book of your choice, if you wish to use one to swear on for the Oath of Citizenship.

psingh23

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Hi
I had my test on Sep 20 at Scarborough and I checked eCAS today and surprisingly see my oath schedule on Oct 10 1:05pm but have not received an email so far. So I called CIC and they told me that the location is Chinese cultural centre in Scarborough. And they said the invite was sent in postal mail Sep 24 !!!, which is weird because I have been receiving all the letters in an email in the past. An agent I spoke with has no idea why they switched to postal mail...Btw she said the invite is not necessary , just bring the following document. Anyone had the test on the same day as mine , you can check your eCAS and share pls.

So could anyone update the tracker, pls?
Thanks

When you attend the citizenship ceremony, here is the list of documents to bring with you:

• (If available) The Notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship letter,
  • Two original pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it (e.g. driver’s license, health card, passport, etc.),
  • All your original documents that support your citizenship application (e.g., Immigration Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688), birth certificate, etc.),
  • Your Permanent Resident card, if you have one,
  • All passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired), and
  • (Optional) A holy book of your choice, if you wish to use one to swear on for the Oath of Citizenship.
Hi, my mom also had her interview (as she is above age of 54) last week (Sep 20) at IRCC office in Scarborough. When she checker her eCAS status today, she also has the same status as you (oath on Oct 10 at 1:05 pm). So far, she has not received any email or mail yet. This is really helpful information which you posted. I am curious, when you say "location is Chinese cultural centre in Scarborough" you mean at 200 Town Centre Court, Scarborough (the same place where you had test)? or is it a different location? Cause from my previous experience, when IRCC sends something my mail, it takes a long long time and oath for you and my mom is just 2 weeks away so I am hoping she gets either an email or a mail. Lets see....

tom94063

May 1, 2013
Hi, my mom also had her interview (as she is above age of 54) last week (Sep 20) at IRCC office in Scarborough. When she checker her eCAS status today, she also has the same status as you (oath on Oct 10 at 1:05 pm). So far, she has not received any email or mail yet. This is really helpful information which you posted. I am curious, when you say "location is Chinese cultural centre in Scarborough" you mean at 200 Town Centre Court, Scarborough (the same place where you had test)? or is it a different location? Cause from my previous experience, when IRCC sends something my mail, it takes a long long time and oath for you and my mom is just 2 weeks away so I am hoping she gets either an email or a mail. Lets see....
No it's different place. The address is 5183 Sheppard Ave E, Scarborough M1B5Z5. But you'd better check with the contact center to confirm your location.

psingh23

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
No it's different place. The address is 5183 Sheppard Ave E, Scarborough M1B5Z5. But you'd better check with the contact center to confirm your location.
ok I see. Qs: when you called IRCC, how long was the wait on the phone? Usually, its a very long wait.